Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    I told the wife we could drop it in on Sunday, minus some of the interior and unfinished vents. Only problem is it is our 10yr aniversary. I will let you know how that works out.
    jeff , i know that you are a little younger then me and not trying to sound like mom & dad but ....... my wife and i just did are 30 plus anversary and to tell you the truth it has been a really great ride and i can not think of any body i would ever want to share all those years with , Wife , Best friend and the list goes on . Jeff the boat will always be there for another day , enjoy your anversary with your best Bud ( wife ) and take care. HAPPY ANVERSARY !

2. Collapse Details

What difference does it make about the size of the engine compartment? Its all about CFM, HP, CI, you should take a look at the Spectre kits so you can realize what I am trying to do. Ram Air is not a new concept, TA, GTO, Shelby, the new tuner cars, list goes on. A lot of boats have hatch scoops, so are those useless also. Artie is contriversial at times but he does know what he is talking about. I do not agree with the name calling, but you Daredevil need to do a little more research. Maybe someday you will finish a race and maybe win won someday if you listen and keep a open mind. I am not a profesional but I have learned a lot over the years and a lot of boats gain speed just by cracking the hatch a couple of inches.

3. Collapse Details

OK, I have great news!! The wife says if I can get the boat running on the muffs by noon we can take it out for a RUN!!!

4. Collapse Details

Lets get this back on topic and watch Jeffs handy work. I for one enjoy the do it yourself projects.

Note; I left my pic up so insanitys post would make some kind of sense, now that the post delete button has been violated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exhaust.jpg  
    Last edited by US1Fountain; 04-11-2010 at 04:36 PM.

5. Collapse Details

The 32's are definitely lowriders.

There is a guy at my old marina with one, its funny when he is in the well and the boat is rocking, it gets load/quiet/load/quiet as the pipes go under water from other boat wakes. He's had other boaters call the coast guard for him out on the river because they thought he was sinking because it rides so low.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Just a little side note, i was NATIONAL & Florida CHAMPION 2008 ,,so please don't even start with things u hear from others,,,us racers always bust each others balls,,did my engine break a lot ,,hell yes..but i still got some 1st place trophys sitting here. + i am racing and rebuilding my stuff on a $0 budget !!!!

Anyhow,,,good luck with your test and i know what you are trying to do, but i still say u slow down.
    No way u will force more air in YOUR engine then it uses, if so u will blow it up... valvetrain,and other stuff will just not take all that air.
    Why do u think blower engines are build with 7-8 :1 static compression ?
    I also hope,,if u have a carb engine ,,that u spend some money on wats called a blow thru carb...they use them on pro charger kits to keep them working with forced air !
    If u have efi,,,it will never work because your computer will not read correct .
    Again,,what do i know..

Any how,,i just sit back and watch u play,,,good luck..and maybe the fiberglass guy can build u some valves after yours are bend !!!!

By the way,,,i know all this because i did not finish races...think abou it !!!

Your turn..lol
    I have a Holley MPI kit with laptop programable PCM and wideband control. The TB is billit alluminum 1000cfm with the standard size opening. My cr is 8.9 to 1 and I have a RMbuilder cam, lifters, springs ect...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post

There is a guy at my old marina with one, its funny when he is in the well and the boat is rocking, it gets load/quiet/load/quiet as the pipes go under water from other boat wakes. He's had other boaters call the coast guard for him out on the river because they thought he was sinking because it rides so low.

Yeah, mine does the same thing when idling with teh exhaust open and the boat is rolling with the waves. Whoop, Whoop, Whoop,....

Back when I 1st bought and went to launch it, it kept on going down, and down , and down. I was thinking, when's this thing going to start floating off the trailer! A buddy has a 42, when he goes to launch, he has to back it in fast enough it pushes the water away from the transom before it starts floating, other wise he said it will take on some water. Steeper ramps are killers on our boats.

8. Collapse Details

My buddy has a 32' and everyone always ask us if we are taking on water. He has twin 502 mags MPI engines, getting off the bow at the dock is like jumping off a cliff!!

9. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    OK, I have great news!! The wife says if I can get the boat running on the muffs by noon we can take it out for a RUN!!!
    Man, you lucky! I think I will get my engine back next week sometime. filled with marine kinetics goodies. anyways I have to make final assy of all the junk on the front and stuff. think i have all the gaskets and such that i need but im sure i will hit a snag. the river is high and the docks are not out at the ramps until may 1 so i think i am screwed for an early run. cant wait to see what she does after i get her jetted and tuned.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

10. Collapse Details

Yea, same here, I made a few phone calls this morning and the river was up. So I worked on the vents today instead of rigging the engine. I am getting much closer, the glass bubbles worked well. I rolled on a few layers of gel and sanded it down. I blew through on a couple of spots so I need to apply a little more gel and sand. This stuff is very time consuming.

11. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    At LD 14 we are about 6 inches before action stage and about a foot and a half from flood stage. gonna drop 2 foot thins week though so should be ok launching in the canal then. might run her on the 19th (my birthday) may take a vacation day.

I will post some pics of my setup at work i use to remove the engine. not really a setup but more of a crane i use to remove engines from trucks. the ability to use my dealership for anything i want is good though.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post

i had a 32 fever with hp 500's and every where i went people checked to make sure i wasnt taking on water because it sat so low in the water. had open lighting headers and even confused a few water patrol as to why it is so loud when running... they never wanted to get in the water a verify i didnt have mufflers. would only get warnings...

btw i know daredevil personally and he does not know what he is talking about... he sits at his computer smoking cigs all day and doesnt have a job. keep up the good work.
    www.41apache.com

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by viperfitness1 View Post

btw i know daredevil personally and he does not know what he is talking about... he sits at his computer smoking cigs all day and doesnt have a job. keep up the good work.
    HAHAHAHAHA,,,BBBUUUUAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA,,,BBBUUUUAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    maybe there are some forums for learning to light a smoke? or being a jack a$$ you'd be king at both...
    www.41apache.com

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by viperfitness1 View Post
    i had a 32 fever with hp 500's and every where i went people checked to make sure i wasnt taking on water because it sat so low in the water.

I considered keeping a bucket of water next to me and when someone would comment on it sinking as a idled past, I'd grab a Dixie cup and start bailing from the bucket of water, with a look of panic on my face of course.

16. Collapse Details

Lets get back on track, here are a couple of pictures. They do not look much different, rolling it on is not good for anything but the bilge. I had to do so much sanding I blew through in a few spots. I am now working on the touch up prossess. This will take a little while.

17. Collapse Details

Here are the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ram air 040.jpg   ram air 041.jpg   ram air 042.jpg  

ram air 043.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Gentlemen, this thread is border line removal. Please keep in mind the rules about personal attacks and name calling/ Thanks you.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    Gentlemen, this thread is border line removal. Please keep in mind the rules about personal attacks and name calling/ Thanks you.
    Thanks !!!!!

20. Collapse Details

jeff that looks good . funny thing my buddy got one of those air cleaners from jegs .it has 2 hoses atach to it . he put the to the air vent .he said it made a diffrence on top speed . i dont no about that i would gps before then after . i may try on my boat just to see . http://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/72...ductId=1203412