Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

look good jeff. you must be close to testing your boat soon????

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Looks good, but i bet it will slow the boat down !!!! TOOOO MUCH DRAG !!!!
    Wow , you sure are quick to respond considering the job is not done yet ? And just curious not knowing what holds in the future and after all is said and done when the job is finished ...are you sure that it really matter's what you think ............... Dude you really are to short with your answers and the people that you are responding too considering you are trying to help but in reality have a rude sense about you. I....guess it would be nice if you would tone it down a bit and with that in mind i can almost bet this will lite a spark under your a$$...................big deal!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Wow , you sure are quick to respond considering the job is not done yet ? And just curious not knowing what holds in the future and after all is said and done when the job is finished ...are you sure that it really matter's what you think ............... Dude you really are to short with your answers and the people that you are responding too considering you are trying to help but in reality have a rude sense about you. I....guess it would be nice if you would tone it down a bit and with that in mind i can almost bet this will lite a spark under your a$$...................big deal!
    Thanks Artie, I feel the same way. I have learned to ignore him, I see post like that from him all the time.

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Sorry guys,, if i come over harsch all the time, but i speak my mind and tell the truth !!!!

Like i said, it looks nice and i think u did a great job,,but it will slow u down. U will see.

Please let us all know if i was right !!

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Artie, i am not your DUDE,,,and i really DON'T care waht anybody thinks of me...so i don't expect any body else to care what i think...some do and some don't !!!!

I am cool with that. And just because u know fiberglass,,does not mean u know BOATS !!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Artie, i am not your DUDE,,,and i really DON'T care waht anybody thinks of me...so i don't expect any body else to care what i think...some do and some don't !!!!

I am cool with that. And just because u know fiberglass,,does not mean u know BOATS !!!!
    only one word for that is WHAH !!!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

only one word for that is WHAH !!!!!!!!
    Artie, how many races has he won, oh I mean finished. This is just somthing that other people have pulled his chain on. Artie, are Skaters fast, just curious.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    Artie, how many races has he won, oh I mean finished. This is just somthing that other people have pulled his chain on. Artie, are Skaters fast, just curious.
    Jeff , yes they are, and very fast at that . Jeff , Skater's are triple digit boats 100..........Plus Jeff , i hope you know that you just opened the door for this idiot ...... ha ha ha ha ha

9. Collapse Details

Jeff , yes they are, and very fast at that . Jeff , Skater's are triple digit boats 100..........Plus Jeff , i hope you know that you just opened the door for this idiot ...... ha ha ha ha ha
    I just droppd the drive in tonight with a couple of buddies. So I had a couple of beers, Game ON!!! All in fun of course.
    Last edited by jeffswav; 04-10-2010 at 07:30 PM.

10. Collapse Details

I just droppd the drive in tonight with a couple of buddies. So I had a couple of beers, Game ON!!! On in fun of course.
    So what are your plans in the future for dropping the ole girl in the water -ETA ?

11. Collapse Details

So what are your plans in the future for dropping the ole girl in the water -ETA ?
    I told the wife we could drop it in on Sunday, minus some of the interior and unfinished vents. Only problem is it is our 10yr aniversary. I will let you know how that works out.

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Hey,,wonder why u start the name calling,,,u should tell me that in the face !!!!!!

And like i said before, tell us all how it turned out.

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    I just droppd the drive in tonight with a couple of buddies. So I had a couple of beers, Game ON!!! On in fun of course.
    When sombody starts name calling,,it is not funny anymore !!!

But , oh well..i know who said it!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Hey, Daredevil. What sort of actually testing have you done on Ram Air? You seem to always have somthing to say about everything but never talk about details about the facts. Although you always talk about knowing the facts. If you do not have anything positive to post here don't bother.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Hey, Daredevil. What sort of actually testing have you done on Ram Air? You seem to always have somthing to say about everything but never talk about details about the facts. Although you always talk about knowing the facts. If you do not have anything positive to post here don't bother.
    About 10-15 posts back,,i told u what i think of it and that i have expirienced the effect on a to much air scoop.

So what is it that u want to know ??? Will it work ? , NO ...why ? , way to much air !!!!!!!!!!!

What do u wanna hear ? , Great ,,good job ..WOW, nice,best i have ever seen and so on..well , then i am sorry to have bortherd u, because i don't lie !!!!

And like said before, post some results......oh, just think about how much air @ WOT your engine CAN handle,,and then messure your scoop @ 50 MPH i bet u are already way over the limit......why i would bet that , because i have been there and pressurized my enginecompartment even with vents so bad that i had oil moist pushing thru a 3/4 inch pipe (drain pipe) all the way from the rear bulkhead to the front drain about 25 feet forward of the engine.

But hey,,more power to ya......maybe that fiberglasser knows engines and airflow as well ?????? haha

16. Collapse Details

Just curious - If your concern was a cooler air charge to the engine - why not just add a chiller to the engine??

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by txriverrat2001 View Post
    Just curious - If your concern was a cooler air charge to the engine - why not just add a chiller to the engine??
    Thanks for the input. Later in the year I will be adding the ducting and plenum to direct the air into the TB. I will not just be pressurizing the engine compartment like somone keeps bringing up. My engine is NA, I believe super chiller is used for superchargers.

18. Collapse Details

I really don't see any difference than what my boat has as far as vent design. I don't think Fountain would have used them if it scrubbed any speed off. Gotta click the pics a couple times to blow it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boat.jpg   DSC00057.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by US1Fountain View Post
    I really don't see any difference than what my boat has as far as vent design. I don't think Fountain would have used them if it scrubbed any speed off. Gotta click the pics a couple times to blow it up.
    Jerry thank you for posting that.

20. Collapse Details

Thanks for the input. Later in the year I will be adding the ducting and plenum to direct the air into the TB. I will not just be pressurizing the engine compartment like somone keeps bringing up. My engine is NA, I believe super chiller is used for superchargers.