1. Collapse Details
    27 Mag Sport (deck hardware)
    Looking for all deck hardware for 27 Mag Sport.....in particular, 2 engine vent grilles........................Thanks

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    which vents are they? I have some odds and ends, stantion/lifeline parts and some misc hardware.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    which vents are they? I have some odds and ends, stantion/lifeline parts and some misc hardware.
    Hey Dave, They're the 1/4 round chromed grilles that fit the opening's in this picture. I think U might remember this boat, White 27 (bare hul) from Jersey with that built up "Monstrosity"
    upon the "V" windscreen, that'll be the first to go. There's dripped resins all over the deck, you'll hear alot from me soon. Since there's no deck hardware at all, I'm wondering if what U
    have is original and if it's bad can it be re-chromed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 041.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    yea i remember the boat, good to see you are gearing up to bring her back to life. I dont have that style vent but i may have some other stuff. I'll take a look through some boxes and see what i have. That windscreen is horrible, I actually like the ones they had on them originally. To each his own i guess, whats your plan for it?
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

5. Collapse Details

Scippy , i was looking for this thread earlier and seen Glass Daves name .Scippy this guy is on this forum in the owners section of Magnum and has a web site that you might have already seen on Donzi .net & states that he has part's for sale www.magnumboatrestoration.com Scippy, i am not going to write in length because i just got done writing you on another site .

6. Collapse Details

Is that the Mag that was in Jersey where the guy who owned it was going to set it up as a single screw and race the boat ?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    yea i remember the boat, good to see you are gearing up to bring her back to life. I dont have that style vent but i may have some other stuff. I'll take a look through some boxes and see what i have. That windscreen is horrible, I actually like the ones they had on them originally. To each his own i guess, whats your plan for it?
    Dave, I can only imagine the low expectation this presented when somebody stood back and looked at their work. Just plywood and resins slapped together with no thought of continuity to the beautiful angles of the 27 V windscreen. First, I want to go over the entire boat for soundness, it appears dry (transon & stringers), but until I have a go over I won't know. One thing for sure is the large TRS cutouts that will get my attention soon.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Scippy , i was looking for this thread earlier and seen Glass Daves name .Scippy this guy is on this forum in the owners section of Magnum and has a web site that you might have already seen on Donzi .net & states that he has part's for sale www.magnumboatrestoration.com Scippy, i am not going to write in length because i just got done writing you on another site .
    Okay G gotcha, saw your reply on the other site........Thanks for the leads!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Is that the Mag that was in Jersey where the guy who owned it was going to set it up as a single screw and race the boat ?
    That the one! ....he did think (like many) that one BB would be half the problems of twin SB's......everyday I think for or aganist that idea...I'm not going
    to race her, but don't want to under power her as well.......if anybody has any thoughts on Twin or single power, I'd like to hear them.........Thanks