9 47.37%
  • May 22nd 2010

10 52.63%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

i good to go either date. good times!!!
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

2. Collapse Details

any updates on this run? new to the board and would like to try to make this run. i live in Greenwood Lake, NY so i am only about 35 minutes from Stony Point. i was actually over there today in the truck driving around the Hudson checking it out. i used to work at Gorden ford 15 years ago in Havestraw. the area changed a lot since i was there many years ago.

i was told about the site and run from Jersey Outlaw, and would like to try and make it since i am only 20 miles or so away. any updates would be much appreciated.

27' Baja Shooter with a 540. pushing about 650+ HP. would like to get it out on the Hudson and run it wide open for a few miles. i am on a 9 mile lake with a speed restriction of 45MPH. so it is hard to get it running wide open unless it is real early or later after the Police boats go in.

STOMPER

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by STOMPER View Post
    any updates on this run? new to the board and would like to try to make this run. i live in Greenwood Lake, NY so i am only about 35 minutes from Stony Point. i was actually over there today in the truck driving around the Hudson checking it out. i used to work at Gorden ford 15 years ago in Havestraw. the area changed a lot since i was there many years ago.

i was told about the site and run from Jersey Outlaw, and would like to try and make it since i am only 20 miles or so away. any updates would be much appreciated.

27' Baja Shooter with a 540. pushing about 650+ HP. would like to get it out on the Hudson and run it wide open for a few miles. i am on a 9 mile lake with a speed restriction of 45MPH. so it is hard to get it running wide open unless it is real early or later after the Police boats go in.

STOMPER
    Welcome to SOS Stomper!

Check out here for all the info!

http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16689
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

4. Collapse Details

STOMPER
    There wil probably be a convoy heading from your area Sat. morning. Keep an eye on the board to see when we will be leaving.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Energy View Post
    There wil probably be a convoy heading from your area Sat. morning. Keep an eye on the board to see when we will be leaving.
    I will be leaving from Warwick sat morning.

6. Collapse Details

well i am just waiting on my BIGS Performance carb to show up this week and new fuel system from Summit. hopefully it is all here this week so i can get a weekend to tune it on the lake. the boat was going to the paint booth next week, but i might delay it so i can do the run.

i cannot stand the ugly yellow and pink stripes on it. WHAT WAS BAJA THINKING? that totally ruins a performance boats look.

7. Collapse Details

well i am just waiting on my BIGS Performance carb to show up this week and new fuel system from Summit. hopefully it is all here this week so i can get a weekend to tune it on the lake. the boat was going to the paint booth next week, but i might delay it so i can do the run.

i cannot stand the ugly yellow and pink stripes on it. WHAT WAS BAJA THINKING? that totally ruins a performance boats look.
    Hey Stomper... I have a couple guys and myself tuning our boat out on the lake this Sunday morning...keep and eye out for us maybe we can hook up

8. Collapse Details

wish the new"old" boat would have been ready by now , would have like to make one of mahopac's fun runs

Nordic,Stomper let me know maybe we can meet up on the lake sometime during the summer

take alot of pics enjoy the hudson !

9. Collapse Details

Nordic / Matty,

where you guys located? and what boats are you running? we dock at willow point marina. there is about 10 of us over there, but only two performance boats, my Baja and my buddies 28 Sunsation. we are there pretty much all weekend in the summer. stop in anytime. we have a big hangout area where we bbq and drink.

i hope to get the boat together tomorrow, i received the fuel pump and other stuff i needed today from summit, my carb is set to arrive tomorrow, hope to be able to get the boat running in the 80's. i am 73 on GPS now. so hopefully with the new fuel system, carb and labbed 28 Bavo 1, i put the boat in the 80's. only issue is i will not have enough time to install the hyd. steering and 24'' K-Planes before the 15th. so i am going to have to take it easy. could be a scary ride without the K-planes.

10. Collapse Details

I have been to willow point a few times over the years, Richie has the sunsation right?

I have an old donzi hornet i just got that I am going thru and I usually run around with my buddy Kenny who has a very nice old 20 cig.

Nordic ( Anthony)comes out of the jersey end with a really nice fountain.

Kenny and I had a chance to meet Nordic ,JoeD, and pure energy up at the lake george poker run a few years back, great bunch of people we had a blast.I've met Tom from mahopac and Morgan from Sutphen good guys too. the fun run should be awesome if you can make it

sounds like a plan we'll have to stop by one of these days.

11. Collapse Details

yeah, richie has the 28' sunsation. your buddy is the guy with the 20' ciig that just had some motor work done last year at willow? lives on the lake across from willow? i remember rick (mechanic from willow) working on a older cig. putting new heads on it. anyway, we are always there, so stop in anytime. richie and i are always hanging out, so pretty much when out, we are hanging.

i do not foresee any reason why i would not make the run, so i plan on making it. it is my wife's 40th birthday on the 14th, and she is dying to go on the run as well for a sort of borthday party/ first time on the boat for the season.

i will be at the marina most of the weekend running the hell out of the boat. the cops have not been out this year yet, so good to get a fast runs in while tuning. going to be slightly cool, but i should be there if your out and about. i only live about a mile (right where 17 comes together by the bagel store and the old dolphin fitness) from willow point, so i run there often to run the boat.

12. Collapse Details

yup that's the boat. I live up the block from the rainbow.
    the cig is going in the water tonight after work. I'm giving him a hand.

sounds good with my new boat i think Rick's skill will be needed also so i'll be around willow from time to time.

just a question for the group leaving from greenwood lake/warwick area going to stony point . which way do you go? not thru the park do you ?
    or do you go go up to rt 6 and thru west point??

13. Collapse Details

sounds good. i will hope to get the fuel system and carb on today so i can put stomper in the water today as well for a test run.

what boat did you have last year? you had to have seen me out there last year.

i included a few pics on the boat, one with it on the trailer, motor shot and one with mine and richie's boat in Maryland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck & boat.jpg   cheasapeke bay 1.jpg   548_Top_View.JPG  

14. Collapse Details

forgot to reply to thee leaving G.L./warwick area question and was going to ask the same thing. last weekend i ran over to Stony Point to check the area out again, but the GPS brought me through the park. not sure what is the best way to go with towing the boat. any routes traveled before would be much appriciated as well. only been living here for about 10 months.

15. Collapse Details

I sold my old donzi 2 season ago so i was a passenger all of last year, you probably have seen my old donzi all red white deck a guy over at elliott's has it. nice pics I was saying no that can't be GWL LOL

going over it in my mind there are three ways I can think of to get there

1. thru the park
    2. over rt 6 to west point ( rt 293 truck route)and down rt 9 ( or can you tow on the palisades at that point to the bear mtn bridge circle? long mtn pkwy to the palisades to rt 9)
    3.down rt 17 to rt 202 to haverstraw then up rt 9 to stony point

Nordic probably has a route

16. Collapse Details

you talking about the sweet 16 donzi that the older guy has?

17. Collapse Details

yep that's it

18. Collapse Details

ok, i know your old boat.

well i got the carb on, working on the linkage and fuel syste now. do not know if i will get it in the water tonight, tomorrow going to rain and be really windy. so sunday is my best shoot at tuning. still going to be windy, but that makes for good flying weather (going to be really choppy).

19. Collapse Details

ok, i know your old boat.

well i got the carb on, working on the linkage and fuel syste now. do not know if i will get it in the water tonight, tomorrow going to rain and be really windy. so sunday is my best shoot at tuning. still going to be windy, but that makes for good flying weather (going to be really choppy).
    Hey Stomper it looks like I will also be out there Sunday morning. I just got the heads back on one motor that needed a valve job and had it running today. We are leaving for the poker run around 8 am that saturday and we could meet you at the A&P in West Milford if you want. We tow out thru ringwood by the ball field and out to rt59 or 17 if we need gas then 202 to main street in Haverstraw to marina. If you want to follow your are more then welcome to. I have a few friends meeting me at the marina on friday cause they are towing down from NH and staying at my house in West Milford. Look for me out there Sunday morning or give me a call if you wish to chat.. Anthony 1-732-921-3355

20. Collapse Details

nordic, i am going to try wand get the boat in tomorrow after the rain and leave it at my marina. the thing sounds awesome, hopefully it will run as good as it does on the hose in the water. just spent over 3,000 on carb and fuel system, so hopefullly it runs what i am expecting out of it. currently i am spinning aq 26 Bravo 1. i have a labbed 28P Bavo 1 sitting on my tool box and hope to be able to blow out the 26 and run the 28 with ease. should put me in the 80's hopefully with the new setup.