Thread: Corey Haim dead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Corey Haim dead
    Cap071 would have wanted me to post this.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Corey Haim, a 1980s teen heartthrob for his roles in "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys" whose career was blighted by drug abuse, has died of an apparent drug overdose. He was 38.

Haim died at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Los Angeles County coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said.

An autopsy will determine the cause of death and there were no other details, she said. Police Sgt. Michael Kammert said there's no evidence of foul play.

Haim had flulike symptoms before he died and was getting over-the-counter and prescription medications, Police Sgt. William Mann said. The cause of death is unknown, Mann said.

"He could have succumbed to whatever (illness) he had or it could have been drugs. Who knows?" Mann said. "He has had a drug problem in the past."

Kammert was taken by ambulance to the hospital from an apartment in Los Angeles near Burbank. The enormous complex is known as Oakwood and is popular with young actors, Kammert said.

Haim acknowledged his struggle with drug abuse to The Sun in 2004.

"I was working on Lost Boys when I smoked my first joint," he told the British tabloid.

"I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack," he said.

Haim said he went into rehabilitation and was put on prescription drugs. He took both stimulants and sedatives such as Valium.

"I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck," he said. "But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day."

In 2007, he told ABC's "Nightline" that drugs hurt his career.

"I feel like with myself I ruined myself to the point where I wasn't functional enough to work for anybody, even myself. I wasn't working," he said.

The Toronto-born actor got his start in television commercials at 10 and earned a good reputation for his work in such films as 1985's "Murphy's Romance" and his portrayal of Liza Minelli's dying son in the 1985 television film "A Time to Live."

His career peaked and he became a teen heartthrob with his roles in the 1986 movie "Lucas," and "The Lost Boys," in which he battled vampires.

In later years, he made a few TV appearances and had several direct-to-video movies. He also had a handful of recent movies that have not yet been released.

But in 1997 he filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, listing debts for medical expenses and more than $200,000 in state and federal taxes.

His assets included a few thousand dollars in cash, clothing and royalty rights.

In recent years, he appeared in the A&E reality TV show "The Two Coreys" with his friend Corey Feldman. It was canceled in 2008 after two seasons. Feldman later said Haim's drug abuse strained their working and personal relationships.

In a 2007 interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Haim called himself "a chronic relapser for the rest of my life."

2. Collapse Details

sad... rip

3. Collapse Details

way 2 young!! RIP!

4. Collapse Details

85 a day..sad sad sad....RIP

5. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Cap071 would have wanted me to post this.

"
    What became of Cap071? Last I remember he was needing to sell his Corvette. Then he dropped out of sight.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

6. Collapse Details

So he was recently sick... did he have MJ's Dr.???
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    What became of Cap071? Last I remember he was needing to sell his Corvette. Then he dropped out of sight.
    I was going to ask the same thing - I haven't seen a post from him in a long time. I don't even remember seeing something about selling the Corvette.

Hope everything is ok.

8. Collapse Details

registered
    Good questions. It's been almost a year. He always seemed like a nice enough fella.

9. Collapse Details

Haim down............Corey Feldman next up at bat!

To me Feldman was way more out of control until the last E true hollywood story showed Haim was the whackier one......

10. Collapse Details

prolly on someones dead pool...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

11. Collapse Details

I caught a bit of that Two Coreys fiasco. They were definitely a pair. Corey Feldman was a total screwball.

Here's a surprising piece of trivia- I don't know why I even remember it, other than maybe the astonishment factor. A few years back, Corey Feldman was married to that smoking hot Latina chick in the TV show Vegas.

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I caught a bit of that Two Coreys fiasco. They were definitely a pair. Corey Feldman was a total screwball.

Here's a surprising piece of trivia- I don't know why I even remember it, other than maybe the astonishment factor. A few years back, Corey Feldman was married to that smoking hot Latina chick in the TV show Vegas.
    Susie?....Playboy August 2008 had a nice spread with her.
    Ya, hot.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    prolly on someones dead pool...

He is/was about a D level celebrity right next to Leif Garrett.........Probably hard to have a guy that low in the pool. Michael Jackson would have been a good pick to have!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    Susie?....Playboy August 2008 had a nice spread with her.
    Ya, hot.
    No, her name is Vanessa Marcil. Just looked it up.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, her name is Vanessa Marcil. Just looked it up.
    You made me wiki it. He divorced from Vanessa Marcil in 1993. Young.

Married Susie Sprague in 2002. She left him in 2009, taking the boobs with her.

16. Collapse Details

I see why she split-

17. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Sad...RIP.
    ________

18. Collapse Details

Hearing that Corey Haim died didn't make me cry. But hearing Corey Feldman sing did.

19. Collapse Details

Corey Feldman is a sawed off little pr!ck. He used to come into a night club I worked the door at long ago. He never tipped any of the valets, bartenders etc. and always had an attitude like everyone should bow at his feet. I guess I would be angry too if I couldn't see over the bar. Corey Haim came in with him once and seemed to be a much better guy. He took pictures with a couple people and was friendly with everyone.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    Corey Feldman is a sawed off little pr!ck. He used to come into a night club I worked the door at long ago. He never tipped any of the valets, bartenders etc. and always had an attitude like everyone should bow at his feet. I guess I would be angry too if I couldn't see over the bar. Corey Haim came in with him once and seemed to be a much better guy. He took pictures with a couple people and was friendly with everyone.
    Interesting. That two Coreys show really made Feldman out to be stable and Haim to be a freak. Maybe they were both playing roles.

It's funny the difference between public perception and people's experience when there are no cameras. I give your account more credibility than what's on TV.
    In my last business (entertainment) I met a lot of famous people for a few hours one night.

Steve Smith from Journey (drummer) what an azzhole. Acted like he was God. So I maybe sort of recorded the show on DAT. Not Journey. (Hopefully Hans H. is not reading this)

Slash was a funny, normal guy. And that was in the 90s.

Dennis Chambers, when he was playing with Steely Dan, awesome.

Mr. T loved my Mom.

Maybe Haim wasn't the D-bag that he seemed.