Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Looking good!

2. Collapse Details

she is looking really good. cant wait for the ride. ill bring some cash with me... All my boat deals are a bust.... looks like i may be waithing another year its looking like. so i hope i can bum some rides. i got a place you can dock if you ever end up on lake st clair. on metro beach bay. shot if its with in the next month it could be on a hoist. lol

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    she is looking really good. cant wait for the ride. ill bring some cash with me... All my boat deals are a bust.... looks like i may be waithing another year its looking like. so i hope i can bum some rides. i got a place you can dock if you ever end up on lake st clair. on metro beach bay. shot if its with in the next month it could be on a hoist. lol
    If that lift could be rented please let me know.

4. Collapse Details

Eric,
    Its looking great!! Wait unitl you take it out and you will realize its been worth the wait!!

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERPLAY33 View Post
    Looking good!

6. Collapse Details

Looking good Eric, I like the blue platform. Did you replace the impellers?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post
    Ok, this whole thing is really starting to piss me off. Why is it that boat stuff seems to take forever? This started out as an enjoyable project, now I am seriously stressed out. Why do people tell you a time to do things and then take 3 times as long. In my business I would rather tell someone a week and have it done in 3 days. Boat has been at the stereo shop for a week, all kinds of bs about wrong stuff showing up, guy quitting etc. Went there today to get some pieces off I have been waiting on and barely anything started, why did I have to rush it down there last week!!!??? Same with the vinyl guy, took him a couple pieces almost 2 weeks ago, told me done in 2 weeks, checked in there today, not a *ucking thing done, tells me he will have it by Memorial Weekend. WTF, I am taking them back home if I need to run the boat, but have to install/take apart a second time now. Just got a voice mail from Livorsi, they have all my gauges tested now, been 9 days, waiting for a callback but I hope they mean they are DONE, told me a week-10 days to do everything. If they still have to rebuild them, how long does that take? Maybe I will get lucky and my dash panels will be done by the weekend, and probably no gauges to go in them. Not to mention the extra 2 weeks the gel/paint guy took that got me behind to start with. Just really chaps my ass that my boat has been sitting at this or that shop, basically doing nothing, and wasting time I could have used to clean/service/test everything. I wont even go into the extra $ I have spent that I didnt figure on either. I wanted to be done and have some solid test runs in by this weekend and probably not going to happen. OK, rant done, I am going to daydream about the fun it will be this summer
    man I FEEL FOR YOU, BUTits good your not in my shoes I bought my SABER what oct and my motor was all ready late now it may 19th was to hit dyno tomorrow its going to paint sew maybe next week dyno I hope. but I DID have the transom filled exhaust holes, cut raised and done so I got to keep it now KONRAD ACE is mounted but can't do steering until motor is in and then its 2weeks for tails to be made so if Iam lucky I could be in by july 4th Imight cut out a hole wear your feet hit the below the wheel and box it in with a angled ramp so you can lock your self in the seats while sitting.

8. Collapse Details

those last few pics are nice and that video was screaming of the blue boat. I might move my tach and gps speedo on to the fairing and put a garmin gps 541 5'' screen wear they were plus I guess boost and pressure gauges I could install now so when the motor is done we will see how much power a konrad can handle. any speeds on the blue boat chris, Eric what hp do you have and please post your top end when you get there. me once I take mine out a few times get it prop I might lower the boost to save the motor this thing is getting bigger everytime I talk to DEAN if june comes and no dyno then I got a friend lined up to go get it which I might do cause shipping it from NJ TO OHIO WAS 550 BUCKS AT 750IBS that was aug of 08 so from ohio to masshole would be more and I figured take two days out one back 350 in tolls gas and 200 in room and beer for one night with Dean and try to figure out what takes so long. it just hit me aug will be two years and I did say take your time but ment last aug not this one haaha. well I helped Gerry put the windshield on the turbine skater the last week been sick this week so he s just about done, so no more bugs in the teeth at 140 plus good seeing you guys over here I will take pics over at oso to post with the box which is hugh and putting the motor in when I get it. my 5'' exhaust might be above the swimplateform but won't no until motor is hear since my X is 18 '' now

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BGIII View Post
    Looking good Eric, I like the blue platform. Did you replace the impellers?
    changed the impellors today, got my new wheel on, changed a battery(found out the perko switches are wired wrong now have to fix that) gonna add a battery under the seat and tie it in(just in case, can charge/jump if hatch is down, extra play time for stereo). dash panels and switch panels picked up today, gauges showed up today too. gonna get up early tomorrow and try to have it done by noon, have family stuff in PM so gotta get it done cause sunday supposed to be 83 and sunny and I want to go for a RIDE.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    thinking about coming down for either the Motor City June 19 or following weekend for St. Clair Run

11. Collapse Details

cant find any black screws to put the dash back together and I dont want to paint them(no time right now) thinking about using stainless for the time being

12. Collapse Details

got things pretty much buttoned up for now, will post some pics on the water tomorrow

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    cant find any black screws to put the dash back together and I dont want to paint them(no time right now) thinking about using stainless for the time being
    go to MCMASTER dot com..u can buy them their...i think !? lol

14. Collapse Details

Hope all goes well today Eric! I'm anxious to see your pictures, I cannot believe how much you have accomplished in such a short period of time.

15. Collapse Details

Well, was out all day today, 10am-730pm, I have perma-grin! Was a blast, forgot how much I like boating. Boat was fine, no major issues, really like it. Did some cruising and some wide open blasts. Top speed 76 per my GPS recall but I mostly saw 74-75 @5100rpm. May need to do some prop adjustment, Chief says 5400 for redline but I have been chatting with Brett at BBlades, will give him this baseline and see what he thinks. Boat rides great, couple things I noticed right away it likes to be trimmed almost all the way in at cruise or it wants to porpise a lot, once you get to 60 though you can trim out and no issues from there on up. Kind of bugs me cause to get a good ride scrubs 4mph off my cruise. Maybe some way to fix this, props? Cruise @3300rpm 45-49 depending on trim. Couple minor issues if anyone has input, one tach wants to bounce around, the engine does not, all in the tach, bounces 1-200rpms each way pretty much constantly. Any input? My new sync doesnt work either, prob wired wrong or related to the tach thing. Also noticed and not sure if normal but never made any water temp all day, oil temp was up and down depending on how hard I was running, as high as 250-260 if I held it to the wall for a while, 140 at idle, 180-200 cruise, this normal? Thats it for today, overall very happy, cant wait for the next ride. Here are some pictures, what do you guys think so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spring2010 041.jpg   spring2010 042.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spring2010 043.jpg   spring2010 046.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Well, was out all day today, 10am-730pm, I have perma-grin! Was a blast, forgot how much I like boating. Boat was fine, no major issues, really like it. Did some cruising and some wide open blasts. Top speed 76 per my GPS recall but I mostly saw 74-75 @5100rpm. May need to do some prop adjustment, Chief says 5400 for redline but I have been chatting with Brett at BBlades, will give him this baseline and see what he thinks. Boat rides great, couple things I noticed right away it likes to be trimmed almost all the way in at cruise or it wants to porpise a lot, once you get to 60 though you can trim out and no issues from there on up. Kind of bugs me cause to get a good ride scrubs 4mph off my cruise. Maybe some way to fix this, props? Cruise @3300rpm 45-49 depending on trim. Couple minor issues if anyone has input, one tach wants to bounce around, the engine does not, all in the tach, bounces 1-200rpms each way pretty much constantly. Any input? My new sync doesnt work either, prob wired wrong or related to the tach thing. Also noticed and not sure if normal but never made any water temp all day, oil temp was up and down depending on how hard I was running, as high as 250-260 if I held it to the wall for a while, 140 at idle, 180-200 cruise, this normal? Thats it for today, overall very happy, cant wait for the next ride. Here are some pictures, what do you guys think so far.
    Looks real good , on your tach issue ..i think your SYNC is wired wrong,,that would do it ?!

18. Collapse Details

some more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spring2010 045.jpg   spring2010 046.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Looks even better in the water! I had my first ride today

20. Collapse Details

PS all speeds were with 2or3 people and almost full fuel on calm water