Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Eric and Scott - i sent you both the logo's let me know of you did not recieve them

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Eric and Scott - i sent you both the logo's let me know of you did not recieve them
    Got it... Thanks !! I took my plotter & computor home over the weekend cause I had some logo work I needed to do there.. I looked at it real quick in the email & it looked nice & clean..

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post
    Seriously considering it, is that the one on June 17?

It's June 19th. Should be a good time!

4. Collapse Details

Banned

5. Collapse Details

I have a chubby now....

6. Collapse Details

Still playing the waiting game, I hope to have all my pieces/parts back by the end of the week and possibly have everything together for a test ride on Sunday. Probably a pipe dream since I have been strung along by just about everyone so far but I can hope lol.

7. Collapse Details

Ok, this whole thing is really starting to piss me off. Why is it that boat stuff seems to take forever? This started out as an enjoyable project, now I am seriously stressed out. Why do people tell you a time to do things and then take 3 times as long. In my business I would rather tell someone a week and have it done in 3 days. Boat has been at the stereo shop for a week, all kinds of bs about wrong stuff showing up, guy quitting etc. Went there today to get some pieces off I have been waiting on and barely anything started, why did I have to rush it down there last week!!!??? Same with the vinyl guy, took him a couple pieces almost 2 weeks ago, told me done in 2 weeks, checked in there today, not a *ucking thing done, tells me he will have it by Memorial Weekend. WTF, I am taking them back home if I need to run the boat, but have to install/take apart a second time now. Just got a voice mail from Livorsi, they have all my gauges tested now, been 9 days, waiting for a callback but I hope they mean they are DONE, told me a week-10 days to do everything. If they still have to rebuild them, how long does that take? Maybe I will get lucky and my dash panels will be done by the weekend, and probably no gauges to go in them. Not to mention the extra 2 weeks the gel/paint guy took that got me behind to start with. Just really chaps my ass that my boat has been sitting at this or that shop, basically doing nothing, and wasting time I could have used to clean/service/test everything. I wont even go into the extra $ I have spent that I didnt figure on either. I wanted to be done and have some solid test runs in by this weekend and probably not going to happen. OK, rant done, I am going to daydream about the fun it will be this summer

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    THATS WHY ,,,,I EITHER DO MY STUFF OR FIND A SHOP THAT DOES IT ALL !!!!!

I would of called Gaffrig on the gauges anyways

But i guess ,,that is kind of normal in the boating industrie.....most of them are s..eisters,
    they tell u what ever u want to hear to get the job in and then ...boom !!!

9. Collapse Details

at least some good news, Livorsi called back and they SAY they will be done on Friday. They quoted me a pretty cheap price on the rebuilds before I sent them in, turned out to quite a bit more than they told me but still saved 500 bucks from buying new. If I had known I prob. would have shopped around for a good deal on a new set. if they show up this weekend I will be somewhat happier, at least can run the thing. I do try to do as much as I can myself but some things are just not within my skill set lol. Plus if I figure my time and aggrivation on trying something I havent done before, and the possible outcome, its worth having a pro do it.

10. Collapse Details

What are you doing to this thing now? i would of thought it was a turn key!!!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    What are you doing to this thing now? i would of thought it was a turn key!!!
    it was/is, I just cant leave stuff alone, gotta be the way I want it. a guy I know was just razzing me about it the other day, was saying 95% of people would think its great the way it is and never touch it, you want things top notch and most people would never notice the difference.

12. Collapse Details

Eric, sorry to hear things are dragging on for you. Sounds like the end is in sight and will be worth the wait.

13. Collapse Details

Just outta curiosity, why didn't you bring the boat back to the geoholds?
    Couldn't they have done it for you, and it would have been more local?

But i understand, my boat was running and fine when i bought it, but couldn't leave well enough alone.

It will be worth it in the end.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
    Just outta curiosity, why didn't you bring the boat back to the geoholds?
    Couldn't they have done it for you, and it would have been more local?

But i understand, my boat was running and fine when i bought it, but couldn't leave well enough alone.

It will be worth it in the end.
    Was planning on it, when I bought the boat it was in their area, but got antsy, wanted the boat closer to home so I could do the stuff Im doing myself. (3+ hours away from me where Saber is at) Most of the stuff ive done is minor/cosmetic if I had major work to do I would have them do it for sure. Honestly besides timeline, everything has turned out great, I am just not good at waiting for things, something most of you can understand im sure lol.

15. Collapse Details

Spent most of the day working on the boat. Got the cover re-waterproofed, got all the cushions covers in the cuddy washed. Changed the engine and drive oils, changed all the belts, fixed a few minor items. Got both engines running(yay finally got to hear it run!), once I got them running initally, they start at the touch of the key and run good. Just a few minor mishaps, spilled some oil in the engine compartment(damn!), and forgot to pinch off one of the oil pressure feeds(gauges still out) and dribbled some oil up front. Tomorrow, steam clean all the carpet, clean the vinyl, clean up the engines and bilge, polish up some of the stainless stuff, and thats it until my gauges, dash, and switch panel is done. Hopefully test ride end of the week and weather permitting ENJOYING all weekend.

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    Spent most of the day working on the boat. Got the cover re-waterproofed, got all the cushions covers in the cuddy washed. Changed the engine and drive oils, changed all the belts, fixed a few minor items. Got both engines running(yay finally got to hear it run!), once I got them running initally, they start at the touch of the key and run good. Just a few minor mishaps, spilled some oil in the engine compartment(damn!), and forgot to pinch off one of the oil pressure feeds(gauges still out) and dribbled some oil up front. Tomorrow, steam clean all the carpet, clean the vinyl, clean up the engines and bilge, polish up some of the stainless stuff, and thats it until my gauges, dash, and switch panel is done. Hopefully test ride end of the week and weather permitting ENJOYING all weekend.
    sounds like u get-r-done !!!!!

But remember...WE ALL NEED PIX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Sounds good! now post some pics

18. Collapse Details

Another long day, got the cabin all done, had a bitch of a time getting the foam back in cause the fabric shrunk a little, hope they stretch back out. Cleaned all the carpet, headliner, etc with rug doctor. Cleaned and treated all the vinyl. Cleaned up the engines and bilge best I could. Polished most of the stainless stuff. Really starting to shape up, just some detail stuff to do now. And yes I took some pics, lol, here they are,light wasnt so hot. Put on the old sunpad cause new one isnt done yet, no headrests or dash but you can see most of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 167.jpg   170.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 172.jpg   173.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

some more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 174.jpg   175.jpg