Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

What is going on in Cleveland and when?

2. Collapse Details

LSYC weiner run, June 12

3. Collapse Details

Had a small world moment today, my glass guy called to tell me the boat will be done tomorrow. Then he starts telling me one of his suppliers was in today, was looking over my boat and asking what was being done etc. Guy says, just curious because I built this boat, used to be an owner of Saber Marine. Gave my glass guy a brief rundown about Saber, history of the boat, turns out its Jim Geelhoed(sp?). Anyway my glass guy says, your boat was in a magazine article, did you know? Yes, I did lol. Small world!

4. Collapse Details

That's the kind of stuff you love to hear about !
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post
    Had a small world moment today, my glass guy called to tell me the boat will be done tomorrow. Then he starts telling me one of his suppliers was in today, was looking over my boat and asking what was being done etc. Guy says, just curious because I built this boat, used to be an owner of Saber Marine. Gave my glass guy a brief rundown about Saber, history of the boat, turns out its Jim Geelhoed(sp?). Anyway my glass guy says, your boat was in a magazine article, did you know? Yes, I did lol. Small world!
    COOL !!! so ..will it be done ????

6. Collapse Details

I met Jim a few years ago, he is a great guy! That is a cool story

7. Collapse Details

well, boat is back home, looks good! put a coat of leverage on tonight to shine her up real nice. now just need to service the engines and drives, take care of a few minor things, get the dash spruced up, clean up the interior and get a couple small tears fixed, and im good to go. it was 83 here today, when i picked the boat up at 5 i was a heartbeat away from dropping her in for a ride, if i had had the service stuff done i would have, but since i havent even had her running yet figured maybe not a good idea lol.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    well, boat is back home, looks good! put a coat of leverage on tonight to shine her up real nice. now just need to service the engines and drives, take care of a few minor things, get the dash spruced up, clean up the interior and get a couple small tears fixed, and im good to go. it was 83 here today, when i picked the boat up at 5 i was a heartbeat away from dropping her in for a ride, if i had had the service stuff done i would have, but since i havent even had her running yet figured maybe not a good idea lol.
    COOL !!!!!!!!
    Any pictures by chance ???

9. Collapse Details

no, not him, I needed some gel work so took it to the local reputable fiberglass place, had him fix some spots on the bottom and a bad spot on the graphics. since he was painting the graphics had him do the platform too since he would have the color matched and mixed up already.
    Good. I'd feel bad if I recommended someone and they didn't live up to expectations. Is Steve doing your glass work?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed35cafe View Post
    Good. I'd feel bad if I recommended someone and they didn't live up to expectations. Is Steve doing your glass work?
    Yes, he did a good job, just took a while.

11. Collapse Details

the rain finally quit for a while this afternoon so I got the dash tore apart and the gauges out, will send them to Livorsi in the morning. Also got the sunpad and headrests off, taking them for some repairs tomorrow. I hope everyone comes through quickly, cause im way behind now, want to be out on the water in the next week or two. I will post some more pics when I get a chance, kind of crappy weather now. Learned my cover isnt very waterproof, whole inside soaked after the rain, maybe I should have used the cockpit cover instead of the full one. I just waxed so was feeling anal, my boat is at home in the driveway cause my storage spot is being used for other purposes for a couple days. Damn trees are dropping sh*t all over everything.

12. Collapse Details

Maybe you can re-spray your cover with water repellent ?
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

Eric, In no way am i rubbing it in...BUT

took this pic friday night! Your gonna love your boat and it will be worth the wait once you get it in the water. I have a few minor issues to work out, hope to have it back on the water in a week or two...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0082.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post

took this pic friday night! Your gonna love your boat and it will be worth the wait once you get it in the water. I have a few minor issues to work out, hope to have it back on the water in a week or two...
    Thanks Chris Got everything taken in today, if things go like i was TOLD (lol) should be done in a week or 10 days, Livorsi is going to be the one to worry about, hopefully they arent backlogged.

BTW does anyone have the old SABER logo on digital file you can send me. The one I have for my avatar isnt a good one (low def) and I need it for my dash panel redo.

15. Collapse Details

saber logo - send me your e-mail

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Man they sit nice with twin BBC's in the back. That's a mean looking stance!

Chris was that your first time out?.....whatcha think of it?

17. Collapse Details

Are you thinking about coming down for the "oldschool reunion" ??? I've always liked that boat and have never seen a Saber, should run real good here

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post

Man the boat sits really Nice !!!

If you don't mind I would like to have the logo as well.. I've been weeding vinyl most of the evening anyway..

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by POWERPLAY33 View Post
    Are you thinking about coming down for the "oldschool reunion" ??? I've always liked that boat and have never seen a Saber, should run real good here
    Seriously considering it, is that the one on June 17?

20. Collapse Details

Hey Jon, The boat ran great! I am really happy with my purchase. I ran the boat a long ways at 3000 rpms and cruised at 52 mph. I hardly burned any fuel. Hows the kryptonite coming along?