Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    You should have fired him for using the letter 'i' 15 times in that e-mail and not capitalizing it ONE TIME!!!!
    I suspect he responded from his blackberry........

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Last year, I filed for unemployment.
    My wife and I were working for the same Co., and both in good standing.
    She got a promotion that caused us to move cross country. I could not be placed in her location, because at my level, and her new level, I would have been reporting directly to her.
    Up until my very last day, they were still trying to find another position for me within the Co., but no open positions existed that I was qualified for that would allow me to work from the new location.
    When I filed, the Co. did not dispute it.
    The state denied the claim.
    I disputed it, and once again the Co. intentionally stepped away (I had information that their stance was that they had already paid into unemployment, they wanted my wife in the new position, and they didn't want to see either of us struggling while I was seeking a new position with another Co. in a new location).
    The state once again denied stating that I quit of my own accord for my wife to take the position.
    Catch 22 here.
    If my wife didn't take the position, she would have sealed her fate of ever being promoted.
    Yes, we could have both stayed in our relative positions, but that was not what the Co. wanted to see in growth of it's employees.
    So, What is your opinion of this situation?
    I've never recv'd UI in my life, but a few months until I found a job in the new locale would have done wonders in meeting some of my financial obligations.

I think you got shafted but if your wife got a promotion (and probably a raise) then losing unemployment was the opportunity cost of the promotion.
    Catch 22 for sure. I am surprised that you couldn't have gotten a severance package from the company due to your UI ineligibility.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    You should have fired him for using the letter 'i' 15 times in that e-mail and not capitalizing it ONE TIME!!!!
    Very 1st thing I thought of!

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    So, What is your opinion of this situation?
    As much as I'd like to see you have gotten a few checks, I think the state did the right thing. The only thing your wifes job has to do with this situation at all is you couldn't transfer without causing a conflict of interest. If she moved and you woke up the following day and showed up to your office, you would have still had a job.

On a personal level I wish you would have had a few checks come in!

Now if we could get those same people that denied you to watch Jerry Springer and deny the bums smoking blunts all day getting checks we would be on to some thing.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    I think you got shafted but if your wife got a promotion (and probably a raise) then losing unemployment was the opportunity cost of the promotion.
    Catch 22 for sure. I am surprised that you couldn't have gotten a severance package from the company due to your UI ineligibility.
    That's where the issue came up. HR thought that I would get UI. They were wrong.
    Yeah, the promotion came at a cost, and we knew that going into it. She has much more potential in her position than the position I was in, so, I scrificed my position for the betterment of her, and our lives.
    But, my job right now is sucking pretty bad.
    In retrospect, I wouldn't change any of the decisions we made.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".