Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    I agree. You got the motor out so remove that transom assembly and inspect the opening.

I disagree. He might not like what he might find. No looky=no issues.

Baja skimped when it came to sealing exposed wood.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by US1Fountain View Post
    I disagree. He might not like what he might find. No looky=no issues.

Baja skimped when it came to sealing exposed wood.
    Good point.

3. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    I hope to find nothing.... I am a little dissapointed in the construction of my boat. Or it was built on a monday morning or a friday afternoon. But you get what you pay for.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    I hope to find nothing.... I am a little dissapointed in the construction of my boat. Or it was built on a monday morning or a friday afternoon. But you get what you pay for.
    I see your point, and as I had to take my 240 down to the hull and still rebuilding everything due to rot, feel your pain.

But a point to consider, your boat is 17 years old (mine is 22), honestly how long did Baja really plan on them being around? How many of us are driving cars that old? Granted during the demo phase on mine, it was obvious that just a little bit more attention to detail would have prevented the whole mess. However I'm guessing trying to get some dude getting paid as little as possible to lay-up boats all day, to give a crap...is a tall order...

5. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    I see your point, and as I had to take my 240 down to the hull and still rebuilding everything due to rot, feel your pain.

But a point to consider, your boat is 17 years old (mine is 22), honestly how long did Baja really plan on them being around? How many of us are driving cars that old? Granted during the demo phase on mine, it was obvious that just a little bit more attention to detail would have prevented the whole mess. However I'm guessing trying to get some dude getting paid as little as possible to lay-up boats all day, to give a crap...is a tall order...
    I have not looked at it in that sense. I hope to find no rot in the transom. I know why the stingers were rotten... There were no drains and when the water would spill over into the bildge it would enter the lag bolt holes in the engine stringers. It was neat watching my drains working when i was washing the bildge down. I will let you guys know what i see when i remove the transom assy. hopefully i can get the camera for that.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.