Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hockey? I guess the uncoordinated figure skaters have to go somewhere.

You know, if you wait until spring (summer) you guys could just ditch the sticks and play real soccer.
    Any neanderthal can run around on their own two feet and kick a ball around...strap on a pair of skates, and take that big ball and shrink it 100-fold and now you have a challenge.

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    25 seconds to go and they let them tie it up, nearly had a heart attack!
    Heart-attack?!...I about fell off my bar-stool and almost lost a drink. It was pretty exciting!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by detail toyz View Post
    And if the US basketball team even goes to OT with the Canada team or let alone loses to them.... I will jump off any bridge anyone wants me to jump off of.

They should have dominated and they barely won.

They still got the gold and congrats but...............come on!!

sounds like sour grapes to me!

At this high of a level the teams are all so good that anyone can win at any time. All it takes is a couple of bounces, a favourable call or 2 and maybe some goaltending.

Basketball..hmm....we didnt 'import' enough players 300 years ago. There is a reason you guys are good at Basketball and Cops isnt filmed in Canada. lol.

Dont forget, the best basketball player around is a white Canadian guy isnt he? I have never seen a game but I have heard that before.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hockey? I guess the uncoordinated figure skaters have to go somewhere.

You know, if you wait until spring (summer) you guys could just ditch the sticks and play real soccer.
    Soccer? A bunch of guys in knee socks running around on a grass field for an hour hoping that sometime during that hour, some one will score ONE goal. Now thats excitement.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come on. The Olympics ended with a tie. One game apiece. If they don't play the rubber match, doesn't count for crap. Just a "feel good" medal for the home team.......

Heck, the US tied or outscored them in every period except two of the seven played.......

I know they kiss their sisters up there (for warmth supposedly), but to say this is some big deal about which team was best?????? Come on...... Play two out of three like real men would.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Come on. The Olympics ended with a tie. One game apiece. If they don't play the rubber match, doesn't count for crap. Just a "feel good" medal for the home team.......

Heck, the US tied or outscored them in every period except two of the seven played.......

I know they kiss their sisters up there (for warmth supposedly), but to say this is some big deal about which team was best?????? Come on...... Play two out of three like real men would.....
    outdoors, too.

7. Collapse Details

Unfortunately they didn't have the talent when push came to shove. I do agree with you however that it should be best 2/3 or 3/5. I actually think us losing the first time to the USA and having to play the one extra game was beneficial to us winning. If you look at the Canadian team and the difference in how they played between their first game and last game it is night and day. It took a couple games for them to really come together and for the teamwork to really show.

8. Collapse Details

Double R Performance and Wherever We Need To Be

I used to lose the first few pool games every night until the real money came out. I think the old saying is "you got got."...
    Double R Performance

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    10 times the population to choose from and they came in second.

They should shoot themselves.

What an embarrassment.

Their superstar speedskater was lookin at the back of a Canadian also. GGEEEZZZ

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    10 times the population to choose from and they came in second.

They should shoot themselves.

What an embarrassment.

Their superstar speedskater was lookin at the back of a Canadian also. GGEEEZZZ

Yes, isn't that special, grow them in a perpetual ice rink and then send them south to get paid. And some of them were, dare I say it, FRENCH Canadians And I'm thinking all those medals that Apollo won were already were probably slowing him a little, and we won't talk about the Canadian

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Yes, isn't that special, grow them in a perpetual ice rink and then send them south to get paid. And some of them were, dare I say it, FRENCH Canadians And I'm thinking all those medals that Apollo won were already were probably slowing him a little, and we won't talk about the Canadian

The speedskater came from Quebec.................so I take that part back

12. Collapse Details

they may play hockey ok but lets put the french in a war and they run the other way.

13. Collapse Details

The French may run, but the VanDoo's don't......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_22e_R%C3%A9giment

All Quebec/Canada discussions aside, don't ever disrespect the fighting men and women of Canada again.