1. Collapse Details
    Michigan City Offshore Races 2010
    Well it looks like no MISS GEICO this year due to the details released on the lawsuit. I wonder how many more teams are going to change their schedules due to no TV. It's really ashame that this had to happen as the event itself went really well ! I guess we may already be seeing an end in sight to the annual event .

2. Collapse Details

I don't think the end is in sight to the race in Michigan City or any other venue. Unfortunately the sponcer ship dollars or popularity will never be like nascar or other motorsports! Lets keep our fingers crossed that they will be back. As far as the Geico boat goes, I had a better time watching the V's run anyway. Good love the Crazy Chicken boat!

3. Collapse Details

I enjoyed the smaller boats as well but I wonder how many boats showed up to MC because of CBS? You have to admit that most racers will be more likely to go to an event if the bigger names like Aqua Mania, Miss Geico and WHM are going to be there. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    I enjoyed the smaller boats as well but I wonder how many boats showed up to MC because of CBS? You have to admit that most racers will be more likely to go to an event if the bigger names like Aqua Mania, Miss Geico and WHM are going to be there. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    I here that! If boat racing is ever on TV I will watch it. Don't see it happening, but of the advertising. Another thing I don't get is Geico sponcering a race boat, one of the fastest and they don't insure offshores???

Makes no sense to me????????

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    I here that! If boat racing is ever on TV I will watch it. Don't see it happening,

?????????????????
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    we will be there if we dont sell the skater. its our home state

7. Collapse Details

Don't sell the skater RACESDAD I'm counting on seeing you in MC plus a lot of other boats. I'm thinking they were counting on more boats last years to show up but for some reason they didn't and the turnout of people to watch was great so I hope the word got out how great it was to race in MC and more boats come this year.

8. Collapse Details

Im thinking you guys might want to hop on 94 and make a little roadtrip to St Claire this year. Without naming orgs, as I dont want to turn this thread into a pissing match... one org had boat counts larger than the others all last season, despite anothers attempt to lure boats with tv.. now the org wth the larger boat count has the tv. maybe MC should look towards 2011?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I certainly wouldn't jump to any conclusions this early in the year. With the orgs chatting with each other, good things can happen.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Well it looks like no MISS GEICO this year due to the details released on the lawsuit. I wonder how many more teams are going to change their schedules due to no TV. It's really ashame that this had to happen as the event itself went really well ! I guess we may already be seeing an end in sight to the annual event .
    I wish the race had better support from someone who lives in the same county; a local guy. I'm disappointed by your post, but I guess we can't please everyone.

11. Collapse Details

When is that race this year ?

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudsbud View Post
    When is that race this year ?
    AUGUST 6th-8th.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    AUGUST 6th-8th.
    Thanks DD. We've actually got parties beginning on Wednesday. You should get into town early.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jmill36 View Post
    I wish the race had better support from someone who lives in the same county; a local guy. I'm disappointed by your post, but I guess we can't please everyone.

We are disappointed that we live in a boating city that doesn't even have a launch that can handle boats larger than 25', but nobody in the county seems to care about that.
    I don't think sc288 was putting down the event as it was a great weekend. I think what he was saying is if some of the bid teams (geico) are not coming, how many of the little teams will go elsewhere due to exposure? We all hope the race weekend is as good or better than last year. It was a great weekend and a great event to be at.

15. Collapse Details

If you would read my post I stated that the event itself went very well and you deserve all of the credit for that. It just stinks that Miss Geico will not be back due to the lawsuit that is currently in progress. It is very clear that none of the races made it on CBS....I am not choosing sides as I do not know all of the details. The simple fact of the matter is that we may lose some boats due to this. My post has nothing to do with the people in charge of putting the event on or the location in which it took place.

16. Collapse Details

OK guys. I got it. This woke thing is just bothering me. Sorry to jump on you like that.

17. Collapse Details

OK guys. I got it. This woke thing is just bothering me. Sorry to jump on you like that.

Don't take our posts the wrong way. Like others have said the race was a blast last year and hopefully it will be for years to come. Nice to see racing
    come back to Lake Michigan.

18. Collapse Details

Thanks Magic. And again, sorry to fly off. I worry about my race, is all. I do feel, however, that even if half the boats hightail it to OPA just for the TV, that they'll make time to be here because the event was so great and will be even better this year.

19. Collapse Details

Thanks Magic. And again, sorry to fly off. I worry about my race, is all. I do feel, however, that even if half the boats hightail it to OPA just for the TV, that they'll make time to be here because the event was so great and will be even better this year.
    What TV station broadcast the OPA races. I haven't seen boat racing on TV for years, since American Powerboat TV days! No worries

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    What TV station broadcast the OPA races. I haven't seen boat racing on TV for years, since American Powerboat TV days! No worries
    OPA, Geico, & all parties involved, are working out the specifics of the deal. Broadcasting will occur on Versus Network, which is owned by Comcast, so the broadcasting reach should be rather extensive.