Thread: Best friends.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Best friends.
    Registered
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Maybe this will explain why some Canadians on here have such an interest in the well being of our great neighbour.

2. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Wow, I had no idea that 90% of all Canadians lived within 100 miles of the US border. Lots of interesting facts.
    ________

3. Collapse Details

registered
    Quebec aside, those Canucks are alright.

4. Collapse Details

pretty good vid.....one of the shots of the Highway of Heroes with the Canadian flags draped all over was a bridge here in town.....were up to what, 146 lost in Afghanistan now and it seems more people assemble on those bridges every time....

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Maybe this will explain why some Canadians on here have such an interest in the well being of our great neighbour.
    Talk'n 2 Terry SLobo the other day, he said NT loves our Canadian boat buyers!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    10-4 on that, worst financial screwing of my life came thanks to a company from Quebec and their fvcked up legal system.

100k Lesson learnt
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quebec is an embarrassment to the good people of this country.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Talk'n 2 Terry SLobo the other day, he said NT loves our Canadian boat buyers!!!!
    Might have something to do with NT being represented by the hardest working boat agency around in DOUBLE R PERFORMANCE.

( It comes easier when they are representing a great product and great people behind them)

Terry's and RR successes are very much well deserved.

9. Collapse Details

Great video.
    Thanks for posting it.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    hey that was pretty cool, thanks for posting it.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that 90% of all Canadians lived within 100 miles of the US border. Lots of interesting facts.
    Have you seen whats north of the 50th parallel?

Housing

Grocery shopping

Traffic congestion

I mean, who the heck would want to live in Canada anyways ?

12. Collapse Details

Might have something to do with NT being represented by the hardest working boat agency around in DOUBLE R PERFORMANCE.

( It comes easier when they are representing a great product and great people behind them)

Terry's and RR successes are very much well deserved.
    Have a friend Alec that bought the 53 foot Airborne "ICEMAN" from them up on Lake Charlevoix & has just had an awesome relationship w/ Peter & Raymond!!!

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Have a friend Alec that bought the 53 foot Airborne "ICEMAN" from them up on Lake Charlevoix & has just had an awesome relationship w/ Peter & Raymond!!!
    Watch them in 2010 and see where hard work and honesty in deal making get you.

Iceman was a Hotel on water!

There was a PRA run on Lake Ontario on a very rough day a few years back.

One boat stayed out in it.

ICEMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Watch them in 2010 and see where hard work and honesty in deal making get you.

Iceman was a Hotel on water!

There was a PRA run on Lake Ontario on a very rough day a few years back.

One boat stayed out in it.

ICEMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last 2 years at Boyne Thunder it has been rough & the Iceman has just powered right thru the nasty crap!!! comes back dry every X!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quebec is an embarrassment to the good people of this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    wow... I like how you put everyone from Quebec in the same boat

edit : sorry, I wanted to go see Rochette skating, and because i do not want this thread to change from its original subject, I tried to keep everything in the same post. Do people really hate us that much? I know there is a minority of people from quebec that want to separate... but on two different votes they lost. There must be a lot more than this to embarass all the other good canadians... I'm sure you have more experience than I do to be able to tell this, and you're probably 2/2,5 times older than me, so it must count. I just wanted to say, I was a bit shocked to see this tonight, and didn't know we were that bad.

p.s. sorry if my english is a bit hard to understand sometimes, I'm one of the embarassment and French is what we talk at home.

Bonne nuit les amis (have a good night)
    Last edited by Dominic; 02-26-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: had some figure skating to look at :P

16. Collapse Details

Im not sure which is worse......a political party started (in Quebec) in which its sole purpose is to break up the country OR a country so effed up it actually allows such a party to exist......do you think a party like this would be allowed in the States????.....if some State wanted to separate from the US the ringleaders would be probably charged with treason and be thrown in jail and or assassinated......

and the separatists lost on two votes to separate.....until when????......the next vote?......are we just going to keep having votes until they win???.....how many votes do you get????.....and for a "minority" the Party Quebecois sure holds a lot of seats.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    wow... I like how you put everyone from Quebec in the same boat

edit : sorry, I wanted to go see Rochette skating, and because i do not want this thread to change from its original subject, I tried to keep everything in the same post. Do people really hate us that much? I know there is a minority of people from quebec that want to separate... but on two different votes they lost. There must be a lot more than this to embarass all the other good canadians... I'm sure you have more experience than I do to be able to tell this, and you're probably 2/2,5 times older than me, so it must count. I just wanted to say, I was a bit shocked to see this tonight, and didn't know we were that bad.

p.s. sorry if my english is a bit hard to understand sometimes, I'm one of the embarassment and French is what we talk at home.

Bonne nuit les amis (have a good night)
    I know that Nick and Alec meant no disrespect. I am sorry that you were made to feel bad. Like any stereotype, I understand when you say it doesn't fit all.
    I think that the guy from Ontario and the guy from Florida were just playing. Alec had done some smack talk about the US/Canada game, and I think that the Quebec jokes were a diffusion from the smack talk. Common "enemy" and all that. I know that they would not have wanted to offend anyone.

I think that the stereotype of a French speaking, elitest, separatist Quebec is fairly prevalent in the US. Probably not any more so than the stereotype of the "ugly american" english speaking idiot in Quebec.

When I hear how my countrymen are sometimes perceived it bothers me. I am sure that these Quebec comments upset you and I hope that you understand that we are not an anti-Quebec place and people will take your feelings to heart.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
    im not sure which is worse......a political party started (in quebec) in which its sole purpose is to break up the country or a country so effed up it actually allows such a party to exist......do you think a party like this would be allowed in the states????.....if some state wanted to separate from the us the ringleaders would be probably charged with treason and be thrown in jail and or assassinated......

And the separatists lost on two votes to separate.....until when????......the next vote?......are we just going to keep having votes until they win???.....how many votes do you get????.....and for a "minority" the party quebecois sure holds a lot of seats.
    exactly what i meant.....thank you

19. Collapse Details

How about that Rochette story. Having recenty lost my mom that really choked me up. Congrats on her bronze and may her mom rest in peace.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I know that Nick and Alec meant no disrespect. I am sorry that you were made to feel bad. Like any stereotype, I understand when you say it doesn't fit all.
    I think that the guy from Ontario and the guy from Florida were just playing. Alec had done some smack talk about the US/Canada game, and I think that the Quebec jokes were a diffusion from the smack talk. Common "enemy" and all that. I know that they would not have wanted to offend anyone.

I think that the stereotype of a French speaking, elitest, separatist Quebec is fairly prevalent in the US. Probably not any more so than the stereotype of the "ugly american" english speaking idiot in Quebec.

When I hear how my countrymen are sometimes perceived it bothers me. I am sure that these Quebec comments upset you and I hope that you understand that we are not an anti-Quebec place and people will take your feelings to heart.

John

My comments arent directed at individual people , of course.
    And my pure hate of what we Canadians put up with is as much directed at our federal government as much as Quebec itself for even ALLOWING a province to have a vote to secceed this country.

The good people of the USA would put up with this situation for one millisecond and riot in the streets.
    To have a leader of a province stand up and berate a country that feeds them cherries to keep their mouths shut makes me puke.

I cant imagine how the USA would put up with having to listen to a foreign language everytime a formal announcement was made.
    With french spoken first.

You know how much I get upset with the polarization of Democrat / Republican comments on here.
    Well pretend EVERYONE in Quebec was a DEMOCRAT and voted and acted like Nancy Pelosi.
    Have you got that vision in your mind ??????????

I despise their existence.