Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Great Job! Looks great. Those Flatdeck 38's sure do eat up rough water!

Did you change anything with the engines/drives? I have 3 buddies with 38 Flatdecks i boat with. One of them we are repowering with some 800HP mills coupled to 3A drives. Should be a 80+mph wave crusher.

2. Collapse Details

VERY nice job on the CIG

3. Collapse Details

Looks awesome we did quite a few Poker runs with Bill and the Dirty Baby on Lake Michigan in the past. Good luck to your buddy and you should of kept it. LOL

Mark

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    and the finished product,what an awsome ride this thing has, lake of the ozarks has some of the worst water around, this thing crushes 5 footers like they arent there. love the ride, and love the look, my friend blake ended up buying the boat before i was done with it, its hard to pull into a bar or resturant without someone comin over to look it over. still kickin myself for sellin it sometimes!!!! lol
    If you enjoyed the ride thru the loto chop, you should bring that baby up to Chicago when we get a nice north wind and really let it eat.

Been in a few fast v-bottoms. My favorite boat ride is still riding in my buddies 38 flatdeck along the western shores of michigan in some real 4-6's. Running with a couple 35 Fountains, a 42 Fountain, and a 36 outlaw. My buddy cruised along side with them around probably 50mph or so for about 10 miles. Then he let it rip and really let the heavy old cig do its thing. Running thru that $hit at 65-70mph in that boat put a huge smile on my face. Its days like that you are happy you have IIIA drives in that boat with blower motors in front of them. Needless to say, we arrived first to our destination that day.

5. Collapse Details

very nice
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

6. Collapse Details

Very sweet. Hopefully my "project" that took too much money and time this last summer, will return enough that I'll be able to swing something simular this spring! Thanks for sharing!!!

7. Collapse Details

The motors were mildly built 468's around 500 hp. Turning tts drives which were replaced with remans, boat ran great all summer. Would love to run Chicago someday, hear it's great boatin!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    If you enjoyed the ride thru the loto chop, you should bring that baby up to Chicago when we get a nice north wind and really let it eat.

Been in a few fast v-bottoms. My favorite boat ride is still riding in my buddies 38 flatdeck along the western shores of michigan in some real 4-6's. Running with a couple 35 Fountains, a 42 Fountain, and a 36 outlaw. My buddy cruised along side with them around probably 50mph or so for about 10 miles. Then he let it rip and really let the heavy old cig do its thing. Running thru that $hit at 65-70mph in that boat put a huge smile on my face. Its days like that you are happy you have IIIA drives in that boat with blower motors in front of them. Needless to say, we arrived first to our destination that day.
    Only cuz I let you! Remember...Leo and I were beating the pants off you guys before we had to stop while the others collected pieces of their boats...

Ryan better have those bigger blowers next year to stay out front of the red hot sommer...

9. Collapse Details

Very impressive indeed. Paint looks glass smooth in a couple of those pictures, and I love the blue/lime green. Awesome job.

10. Collapse Details

I like the changes you made. The work on the logo is incredible. What did you do to the interior,how about some pix.

11. Collapse Details

i dont have any interior pics, the interior was redone in mainly all white reusing the original seats , cabin was done all white as well. the dash was in pretty bad shape, gauges, trim etc, so that is a winter project, im making custom dash panels out of aluminum that will be ground and painted with transparent candy blue to look anodized with new gauges, wheel etc. attached is a pic of one of my aluminum jet boats that i painted this way, the dash will look like the blue in this picture...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 089.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    i dont have any interior pics, the interior was redone in mainly all white reusing the original seats , cabin was done all white as well. the dash was in pretty bad shape, gauges, trim etc, so that is a winter project, im making custom dash panels out of aluminum that will be ground and painted with transparent candy blue to look anodized with new gauges, wheel etc. attached is a pic of one of my aluminum jet boats that i painted this way, the dash will look like the blue in this picture...
    Is that the one with the v6 vortec?

Did you polish it before you painted it?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Is that the one with the v6 vortec?

Did you polish it before you painted it?
    Lol, nope, that one had a 500hp 400 small block with a 300 hp shot of nitrous. Fun little offshore Jon boat!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Only cuz I let you! Remember...Leo and I were beating the pants off you guys before we had to stop while the others collected pieces of their boats...

Ryan better have those bigger blowers next year to stay out front of the red hot sommer...
    Were you sippin on some sailor jerry that day?? I remember us leaving last in the 38 Cig from south haven, due to us having to load all the coolers (andy...) and we had to play catch up for several miles...then we proceeded to humor you guys for a while....then once Ryan got tired of pu$$yfootin around, he laid in it. Then we took a sweet lead..Now this is coming from a Fountain owner!

It was one of those RARE days where a cig can outrun a Fontane!

15. Collapse Details

I LET him go...my crew was scared enough as it was. Next year...no mercy.

Oh...and give the old man a call..he's been trying to reach ya...

16. Collapse Details

I sure hope next year the driver isnt the scared one on the boat! Its gonna get interesting next year with the new 14-71 intercooled 605CI mills going into the Flatdeck..

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post

One of the best boat rides ever. Even running hard the drives hardly came out of the water!!!

18. Collapse Details

Come on Mike, lets not talk crazy. That Cig eats up the rough water. I drank beer the whole was there in 4-6's and never spilled a drop. Your boat is going to be fast next year but nothing like a flat deck Cig is big water. I bet the next story your going to tell is that you can pass me on a snowmobile trail

19. Collapse Details

WOW, love the paint!!!!!! Nice job wreckdoctor!!!!!!!