Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Congratz!.. I can't wait to see it out here on the bay. Psyco Customs on Huron Rd. (13) sand blasted and powder coated my swim platform.

QUOTE=hotjava66;446517]Just got back from the survey, looks pretty good. Hull is dry and solid, engines drives and rigging look good. Surveyor found a few little things like minor leaks, couple of bad clamps, and such but nothing I cant fix in short order. Looks like I will probably move forward with the deal. It does need some TLC and I could use some input from you guys on where to get stuff, how to go about it. Here is a list of what I need to do.

1. Get the gelcoat and paint cleaned up and shiny again, the hull sides arent too bad but the top deck and rails are pretty dull. What is the best way to get a good gloss and what products are good?
    2. Need new guages and indicators, they are just weathered and old, and I would like to put colored bezels on them. Any good sources?
    3. Good thorough cleaning of the vinyl, its pretty grungy. I will probably replace it eventually it is origional to the boat and about done, but I would like to get a couple more seasons first.
    4. Clean carpet and upholstery, I can handle this
    5. Swim platform paint is toast, need to sandblast or remove it, and repaint it. Any tips here, it is aluminum tube.

Long term I want to eventually upgrade the motors a bit, maybe to 500-550 per side with EFI I hope. Also need to run it and see what it does with the current props, it has 25P Mirage 3 blades on it, seems to me like not enough prop for 502's at 420HPish. Have to get it on the water and see first, then maybe I will try some updated or labbed props. What is everyone else running with a similar setup? Could also use some tips on trim and tab settings to save some learning time if anyone can help there. I will try to post some pics I took today, they arent that great because its indoors and not a lot of room.[/QUOTE]

2. Collapse Details

Congratz!.. I can't wait to see it out here on the bay. Psyco Customs on Huron Rd. (13) sand blasted and powder coated my swim platform.

Good idea, i never thought about Jerrod and John, i will have to give them a call

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post

Good idea, i never thought about Jerrod and John, i will have to give them a call
    Before you have them put a non skid surface talk to me. They did a good job, I see a better way for them to do the non skid

4. Collapse Details

Well, as of today I am officially a Saber owner, title is in my hand and deal is done. Now the weather just needs to warm up enough so I can bring her home and start giving her a makeover. I am now in full spring fever mode, need warm weather, and some work! Got a new trailer being built too, gonna sell the old one, too long for the boat. This is gonna be trouble, lol, I just dont know when to quit!

5. Collapse Details

the 16 Donzi in your pics is mine.
    The dually pickup truck in the shop where your boat is was mine I just sold it

You have bought a great boat, enjoy

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post
    Well, as of today I am officially a Saber owner, title is in my hand and deal is done. Now the weather just needs to warm up enough so I can bring her home and start giving her a makeover. I am now in full spring fever mode, need warm weather, and some work! Got a new trailer being built too, gonna sell the old one, too long for the boat. This is gonna be trouble, lol, I just dont know when to quit!
    AHHHH FICK..... IM so left out now. Dam. I need to pull the tirgger on something and quick. DAM job market.........

Congrats. Im sure you will love and bet you got a great deal on it.

7. Collapse Details

We always have something going on, but I'll know alot more as summer comes. We usually do a few runs between about 30 of us and a few pokerruns here and there...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed35cafe View Post
    Before you have them put a non skid surface talk to me. They did a good job, I see a better way for them to do the non skid
    I have talked to a few of the FL boys and they say that power coat dont stick to the plaftorms that great. and that paint holds up way better.