1. Collapse Details
    No longer available parts?
    Guys,
    I figured we should have a thread for parts that are no longer available from Mercury for their production engines, and also what replacement options are available. I think this can add to the value of the site, and also might really save many boaters when they are in need. I have 575Sci's and know that the head gaskets and also the injectors are no longer available from Mercury. I have been told that the head gaskets are the same as a GM 454 truck from the 1990's. Any idea on the exact part # or one for the injectors, or any other 575 part that is not available? Also, feel free to use this thread for other GM engines as well.

2. Collapse Details

you can just go to mercruiserparts.com and look up whatever you need. They will tell you what is available and is NLA.

3. Collapse Details

They are showing the head gaskets still available for your 575SCI

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...d+Rocker+Cover

4. Collapse Details

I was looking on BAM's site the other day and got this idea. I think the main problem is the fact that if the part is NLA, what are you supposed to do/are there any replacements out there etc.

Thanks for the link!

5. Collapse Details

There are much better head gaskets that can be used. They are definately not the same as 90's truck ones. No truck had a 502ci. Use Felpro Marines or Cometics.

6. Collapse Details

Waterford Mi., Lk. St. Clair and Lk. Erie
    Do not use any gasket from a 454. The 502 bores are larger and the 454 gasket will overhang with disasterous results. There was another thread about 575 injecters recently. Do a search, someone has them.
    Big boats rule!