Thread: Hustler

1. Collapse Details
    Hustler
    SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    My buddys 388 with wesco 700s and an awesome paint job! Ran 99 Mph 4th of July 6 people and gear and a good ammount of gas.

Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

2. Collapse Details

Cool Boat! Dave W builds some sick power plants!

3. Collapse Details

That is a nice looking boat, i see him quite often in the Clinton/Princeton area. I saw that boat at the tug fest and it had a bunch of young guys in it, maybe a son??

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkdevil View Post
    That is a nice looking boat, i see him quite often in the Clinton/Princeton area. I saw that boat at the tug fest and it had a bunch of young guys in it, maybe a son??
    Do you have that baja pace boat with the tripples?

5. Collapse Details

That boat used to be out this way in MA and LI. I beleive it had some big power in it at one time. The Slingshots are still one of my favorite boats out there!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    Do you have that baja pace boat with the tripples?

No that is Mike Ohrt, he lives in Albany Ill.

I have a 40 Outlaw from Clinton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11-3-2008 001.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    That boat used to be out this way in MA and LI. I beleive it had some big power in it at one time. The Slingshots are still one of my favorite boats out there!!
    Yeah, he bought it out of NY (i think) it has 525s in it. I guess the guy that owned it before him owned a high end bodyshop and he did all the custom paint. Now it has wesco 700s in it and she is pretty healthy. the one cool thing is the engine hatch is not a pad like most slingshots. It has two scoops in it and is glassed and painted. really makes it look cool. and functional. I am the only other person to pilot that boat since he has owned it. he likes to stand on the beach and hear it go by. Now we are dealing with a blown dirve so i gotta get it out of storage and get the drive off of it and see the damage. was runnin those bravo 1 performance drives.

and ozarkdevil, i dont think i have seen you out... Have you ever seen me? I would love to come and tie up to you and look at that sweet setup you have. My boat does not really stand out like yours and the slingshot or that pace boat. Am i correct in saying that there are only three of those pace boats? and one is in our pool? Just wish he would hammer on it once.

8. Collapse Details

You need a good beefed up set of XR's running behind that much power. I had one with Whippled 500efi's that ran mid 90's. There have been alot of other Slingshots with the fiberglass hatch just minus the scoops. Mine had the all flat padded hatch which was very rare. Only a few were built that way. This was mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HustlerSide.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

That is a clean looking sling shot. I wish I could get a sling shot in my price range but not going to happen.

You need a good beefed up set of XR's running behind that much power. I had one with Whippled 500efi's that ran mid 90's. There have been alot of other Slingshots with the fiberglass hatch just minus the scoops. Mine had the all flat padded hatch which was very rare. Only a few were built that way. This was mine.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    That is a clean looking sling shot. I wish I could get a sling shot in my price range but not going to happen.
    My old 388 is now for sale under 100K at performance boat brokerage. Check it out.

11. Collapse Details

and ozarkdevil, i dont think i have seen you out... Have you ever seen me? I would love to come and tie up to you and look at that sweet setup you have. My boat does not really stand out like yours and the slingshot or that pace boat. Am i correct in saying that there are only three of those pace boats? and one is in our pool? Just wish he would hammer on it once.

I have only had my 40 out a hand ull of times since I bought it two years ago. I had the motors worked on last year and what started out as a 2 month rebuild ended up taking 4 1/2 months. Not a happy camper, hind sight is 20/20.
    I just bought a new to me set of 34 bravo 1 props I need to try out when ever the river drops.
    I go to "Go Fish" or "Its On The River" & then hang out around Prinston Beach on most weekends, I'm sure I will see you out.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkdevil View Post
    I have only had my 40 out a hand ull of times since I bought it two years ago. I had the motors worked on last year and what started out as a 2 month rebuild ended up taking 4 1/2 months. Not a happy camper, hind sight is 20/20.
    I just bought a new to me set of 34 bravo 1 props I need to try out when ever the river drops.
    I go to "Go Fish" or "Its On The River" & then hang out around Prinston Beach on most weekends, I'm sure I will see you out.
    Hmmm... Need a co-pilot?

13. Collapse Details

Yours is the 1999 correct? I like that 98 but if it was 10k less I might think about it. I was kind of thinking like 70ish-75ish for my spending range. I will probably stick with looking at Fountains.

My old 388 is now for sale under 100K at performance boat brokerage. Check it out.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    Yours is the 1999 correct? I like that 98 but if it was 10k less I might think about it. I was kind of thinking like 70ish-75ish for my spending range. I will probably stick with looking at Fountains.
    Yes the 99 Matthew has listed was ours. That 98 looks like a real clean boat as well!!

15. Collapse Details

Both are very nice and I hope the new owners take very good care of them. They just look so awesome.

Yes the 99 Matthew has listed was ours. That 98 looks like a real clean boat as well!!

16. Collapse Details

That hustler blew a drive end of last season. He just got his hands on pair of swepback bravo1x drives. just gotta cut back the inside of the wingplates for the steering. hopefully they will hang on a little longer than the bravo 1 performance drives he had. but his theroy was easy on plane and no jumping. they lasted 110 or so hours before he blew the floor out of one of the rh drive. i hope mine hangs on. bob madera said i was in the 560 to 570 range of horsepower. i am running a standard bravo1 rh. is there any diff in the performance version? and any tips to making her last. the drive is way newer than the boat. I traded a 4-wheeler for it. i have been out 4 times this year and no hiccups so i think i am ok so far.

17. Collapse Details

Mine is the stock bravo and my motor came off the dyno at 547. Drive has lasted so far two seasons.

That hustler blew a drive end of last season. He just got his hands on pair of swepback bravo1x drives. just gotta cut back the inside of the wingplates for the steering. hopefully they will hang on a little longer than the bravo 1 performance drives he had. but his theroy was easy on plane and no jumping. they lasted 110 or so hours before he blew the floor out of one of the rh drive. i hope mine hangs on. bob madera said i was in the 560 to 570 range of horsepower. i am running a standard bravo1 rh. is there any diff in the performance version? and any tips to making her last. the drive is way newer than the boat. I traded a 4-wheeler for it. i have been out 4 times this year and no hiccups so i think i am ok so far.

18. Collapse Details

I cannot believe you haven't grafted a 7.3t/d w/nitrous into.that Baja yet

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TUCK646 View Post
    I cannot believe you haven't grafted a 7.3t/d w/nitrous into.that Baja yet
    yeah, a low horsepower engine wouldnt be optimal in a sport boat. plenty of torque.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone put nitrous on a diesel in a boat?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!