Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    I would say you have a erratic tach. I have the faria gages also, sometimes I get a high reading and I can tap on the dash and it drops back to normal. I would try the 25p Mirage you already have. See what that does then bring the thread back up and post your results. A 23p Mirage may be better to get you in the 54-5500 RPM range. I would look for consistant speeds of 68 to 69 with normal conditions, on a lucky day you may see 70 or 71. Now all we need is some good weather.
    Yes we do
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    the drive is for sure a 1.36 and the prop is a 23. The bravo1 likes to lie to us. And like jeff said i may have a bad tach but i doubt it. And it will be hard to decifer 1.36 of a turn to a 1.5 of a turn. I know it is incorrect. Brett at bblades reccomended me a 25-27 pitch prop last year and i told him i had a 1.36 he said the b1 24 would work. I own a 25 mirage and it was awful on the 1.36. I am 100% certain that it is a 1.36 the boat hit a little over 70 with a bravo1 24p on it and it was for sure turning over 5k rpms. 1/8 tank of fuel no passengers no cuddy no proti potti no stereo so cushions just ropes, fenders, saftey equipment, garmin and me in a vest. My boat is like a poker run edition i stripped the cuddy to help the bow lift
    well i guess you should get a new tack . This is the most importane thing you need to prop your boat. Good luck

3. Collapse Details

Thanks guys! I will keep you posted.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    And if they are one less on the B1 models wouldnt i want a 25p mirage plus then?
    No, when going from a Mirage Plus to Bravo 1, you need to drop down one pitch because of the increased blade. Actually, I'm surprised you get a lot of porpoise with a Bravo 1 on a 24 Outlaw. A Mirage Plus will cause even more porpoise. I had a 24 Outlaw and ran a 23 Mirage Plus, but did try a Bravo 1 and it 90% of my porpoise was gone. It cost me about 3 mph though.

5. Collapse Details

Griff, what power were you running and what drive. You are fimiliar with my build and now i got a 1.50 drive. I was turning that 24b1 and it was good for the 1.36

also i finally got the v8-hp module. Ity is on a bracket though. Can i just drill out the rivets and install it on my distributor?