Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

We have the head mechanic, Nick Miller, up here building steam engines with Harry Schoell and me.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    We have the head mechanic, Nick Miller, up here building steam engines with Harry Schoell and me.
    Really? Tell Nick I said Hey Coolest MF'r Ever (Beside Brownie).

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    MidOcean, was Mr. Garbrecht a founder of Aronow Powerboats? Here is an ad from the July, 1989 issue of "Boating".
    No, Gary did not found Aronow Powerboats. A group of investors took the company over and, along with Gary ran it as Aronow Powerboats. Here is the raw data and all the names involved.

Foreign Profit Corporation
    ARONOW POWERBOATS INC.
    Filing Information
    Document Number P16601
    FEI/EIN Number 650011818
    Date Filed 10/29/1987
    State DE
    Status INACTIVE
    Last Event ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT
    Event Date Filed 10/09/1992
    Event Effective Date NONE
    Principal Address
    500 SILVER LAKE RD
    SANFORD FL 32773
    Changed 05/13/1991
    Mailing Address
    500 SILVER LAKE RD
    SANFORD FL 32773
    Changed 05/13/1991
    Registered Agent Name & Address
    CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
    1201 HAYS STREET
    TALLAHASSEE FL 32301
    Name Changed: 04/13/1992
    Address Changed: 04/13/1992
    Officer/Director Detail
    Name & Address
    Title PD
    WILLIAMS, JOHN
    500 SILVER LAKE RD
    SANFORD FL
    Title VST
    DIAMOND, DOUG
    500 SILVER LAKE RD
    SANFORD FL
    Title V
    VERTIN, THOMAS
    500 SILVER LAKE RD
    SANFORD FL
    Title V
    GERAGHTY, KERRY
    500 SILVER LAKE RD
    SANFORD FL
    Annual Reports
    Report Year Filed Date
    1989 03/02/1989
    1990 09/04/1990
    1991 05/13/1991

4. Collapse Details

Mr. MidOcean, you sure know a lot of stuff! I appreciate your input. Also, I read the book. Excellent reading!
    Thank You,
    Shawn

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Mr. MidOcean, you sure know a lot of stuff! I appreciate your input. Also, I read the book. Excellent reading!
    Thank You,
    Shawn
    Thanks Shawn. It means a lot. Best wishes.

6. Collapse Details

It IS good stuff. As a Donzi owner and admirer of Don Aronow I am interested in anything Aronow!

Hey Brownie, tell us a story!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    It didn't actually become Aronow Powerboats until after Don's death....It was USA racing team....The 45 was to be Don's new raceboat upon his return to racing that year or the following!!!

Garbrecht ran Aronow Powerboats until they shut it down in the 90's and the molds were sold to Magic EXCEPT for the 45 mold which had an insert to build a 42 as well as 2 deck molds which Garbrecht kept and sold at a later time.....
    Just wonder if these molds were his own to sell -or- in the behalf of others

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    It didn't actually become Aronow Powerboats until after Don's death....It was USA racing team....The 45 was to be Don's new raceboat upon his return to racing that year or the following!!!

Garbrecht ran Aronow Powerboats until they shut it down in the 90's and the molds were sold to Magic EXCEPT for the 45 mold which had an insert to build a 42 as well as 2 deck molds which Garbrecht kept and sold at a later time.....
    Not sure when this 4-sale went out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aronow-molds-for-sale.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Harbor 1 was a dealer for Aronow Powerboats. Keith Hazell and I were involved in the Gucci Aronow for some people from the Middle East if I remember. Everything on the boat was gold plated, and I mean everything. What a cluster ____!! Had 572's and 3's if I'm not mistaken.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    863 wasn't a S FLA area code. Was Gary involved with the Propeller shop in Lake Hamilton? Think it was Mach Propellers. Think that was thier old number.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-19-2010 at 02:56 AM.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sheer View Post
    Harbor 1 was a dealer for Aronow Powerboats. Keith Hazell and I were involved in the Gucci Aronow for some people from the Middle East if I remember. Everything on the boat was gold plated, and I mean everything. What a cluster ____!! Had 572's and 3's if I'm not mistaken.

12. Collapse Details

No disrespect intended for Gary Garbrecht, who is no longer with us, but how could those have been called "Don Aronow molds"? My understanding is that Don only had a hand in designing the one original model; The 37 I believe. It sure looks like an attempt to profit from Don's name. Especially if he had nothing to do with those boats which molds were for sale.

13. Collapse Details

The money behind Aronow Powerboats was already there at the time of his demise. The company was formed to get some of it back. Investors were middle east.

14. Collapse Details

I remember the Gucci boat. Absolutely unbelievable. And all the promo & boat show booth stuff to along with it. You won't ever see one like that again.

15. Collapse Details

No disrespect intended for Gary Garbrecht, who is no longer with us, but how could those have been called "Don Aronow molds"? My understanding is that Don only had a hand in designing the one original model; The 37 I believe. It sure looks like an attempt to profit from Don's name. Especially if he had nothing to do with those boats which molds were for sale.
    His no compete clause was about to expire a month after his murder. He was working on getting ready to get back in building V bottom boats again. Even talk about getting back in a race boat. His wife and son kept the project going in the beginning.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    863 wasn't a S FLA area code. Was Gary involved with the Propeller shop in Lake Hamilton? Think it was Mach Propellers. Think that was thier old number.
    Sanford, Fl... Not s. fla. Second Effort/ Mach.. same thing, right?
    Last edited by MidOcean; 02-19-2010 at 01:13 PM.

17. Collapse Details

Truth be known, Don didn't "design" a whole lot of anything... Sure he was the force behind the ventures, had the conceptual ideas, but without guys like Brownie, Jean Claude, Jim Wynn and many others there would be no Cigarette, Donzi, Formula...etc.

18. Collapse Details

Eric Froberg, a former partner of mine, rigged the boat. He told me once that you guys bought some tools and dipped them all in liquid rubber to protect the gold.. cool stuff

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MidOcean View Post
    Sanford, Fl... Not s. fla. Second Effort/ Mach.. same thing, right?
    Sanford was a 407 area code. 863 was a Lake Hamiltion area code. That's what made me wonder. We used to go done there for prop testing. They would let you buy a prop and if it didn't work good for your application they would take it back and give you a different design.

My freinds brother relocted with Aronow Powerboats from S Fl to Sanford. So we spent alot of time there.

Just seemed strange that the ad posted had a 863 area code.

20. Collapse Details

Second effort handled the arneson equipment also.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.