Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Running perfect...it has not missed a beat....Funny thing was telling Ian the dam boat is to fast....the accelaration was sick compared to the Merc 525...Never had to ask a engine builder how the hell can I can slow this thing down...
    A great team and great support....

Nick..sorry we missed KW.....
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

2. Collapse Details

Congrats to ILMOR and thier relationship with MasterCraft as well.

3. Collapse Details

I love my Ilmor and wouldnt want anything else,50 hours and no problems and remarkably good on fuel(sorry gas)lol 87mph with two fat blokes and 85 US gallons of fuel,92mph with the Hydromotive one person and 10 gallons(94mph with a herring and same fuel)Love the sound and the enthusiastic support from Ian hawkins and the boys at Ilmor,nothing is too much trouble no matter how trivial.Boat is a Revenger 29 rib.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 063.jpg   my 625 Ilmor.jpg   wp9982a750_0f.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

I had an absolutely fabulous ride this Summer with Tim MacDonald @ OCM here in Portland. We took out a 32 Spectre with the 710's and Indy drives. We were seemingly idling along at 111 mph. When Timmy punched it we roared effortlessly up to 134 before we ran out of river and were well under top speed. The Ilmor's are a very nice package indeed.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbare View Post
    Congrats to ILMOR and thier relationship with MasterCraft as well.

Are the 8's exclusive to MasterCraft or other builders will get them, etcetera? Be nice to have as a drop in replacement option!

Two things I'm hoping to see. Rumor has it that Teague is building an Eliminator 28 with their TCM800EFI engines and Indy drives. Should be a good test for those drives.............

The Outerlimits is sweet all white--but Id also like to see Fountain, Donzi, or even a Top Gun powered by Ilmor and see a direct compare with Mercs 700 package.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post

Are the 8's exclusive to MasterCraft or other builders will get them, etcetera? Be nice to have as a drop in replacement option!

Two things I'm hoping to see. Rumor has it that Teague is building an Eliminator 28 with their TCM800EFI engines and Indy drives. Should be a good test for those drives.............

The Outerlimits is sweet all white--but Id also like to see Fountain, Donzi, or even a Top Gun powered by Ilmor and see a direct compare with Mercs 700 package.
    Teague is building that boat and its almost done. Donzi has built a couple Ilmore boats and I highly doubt you will ever see a Cigarette with them. Hustler has built both packages and the Ilmore Indy's performed a couple mph faster.

7. Collapse Details

Registered

Are the 8's exclusive to MasterCraft

As in the ski boat people!?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nxfirebird View Post
    As in the ski boat people!?
    Yep..... http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2010...gines-in-2012/

The MV8 looks like a sweet engine package: http://mastercraftblog.com/?p=7322 why I'm wondering if they'll be exclusive to Mastercraft or other makers and general public.

9. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar

Should hear some news regarding all of these..............soon............
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

10. Collapse Details
    Unsure...
    Looking to upgrade power at the moment and have a few ideas....

I have a good line on a Ilmor 625 but have a few questions about it...

1) Will it fit in my boat length wise? How much longer is this engine compared to a 496HO?

2) What mods need to be done to change wiring harness from a merc 496HO to an Ilmor?

3) I live in MI, who can service or repair one of these? I can only imagine the cost difference compared to a merc machanic.

Thanks, Wayne

11. Collapse Details

Wayne, pm me.
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

12. Collapse Details

Sunsation had an F4 down in Key West w/ the Ilmors & they have a few 700 boats float'n round 2 compare w/!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Sunsation had an F4 down in Key West w/ the Ilmors & they have a few 700 boats float'n round 2 compare w/!!!!
    With most builders having Ilmors now. It would be nice to get that compare vs it can be done.

14. Collapse Details

I was told Cig WILL NOT put in Ilmors!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    I was told Cig WILL NOT put in Ilmors!
    Think they have a relationship with Mer. Would be a good test because 39 guns with Merc 700 SCI with NXT drives are a popular combo. Cigs also are very popular for magazines tests. Maker and model very familiar with Powerboat as an example--so it would be an awesome compare!

16. Collapse Details

Someone will just have to step up and dare to be different. If you build it they will come!!