Thread: prop slip 28%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak2030 View Post
    Great deal of info, all good. I have just come across a set of JT20 turbines 2100hp each and a set of ASD10's that I am thinking of putting in the 30' Velocity. The set up should make for a interested ride.
    Just make sure you ask DD how to rig it

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Just make sure you ask DD how to rig it
    My riiging is actually pretty good and nobody ever complained ...so i don't know what this means now ????

I CAN"T BUILD ENGINES ...THATS ALL...I HATE ME FOR THAT !!!! LOL

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It was a sarcastic remark. Lets not start taking cheap shots guys.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    My riiging is actually pretty good and nobody ever complained ...so i don't know what this means now ????

I CAN"T BUILD ENGINES ...THATS ALL...I HATE ME FOR THAT !!!! LOL

Just bustin' yer stones Buddy, yer prolly a better rigger than me, just had to do it

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleUp Props View Post
    So I want to make sure I understand this correctly. Your going to run 725-825 HP thru TRS Drives? If this is the case.....I am going to POTENTIALLY discourage you from running 5B or 6B props. They are surely not going to help your drives life span. We may need to think a little out of the box on this one. But I may have a few ideas we can kick around. If your going to change the drive let me know.

Julie
    I will give you a call tomorrow. I am going to get the boat from storage and mount one of the drives to get you an actual measurement of drive depth. I have found a set of 5 blade 32p Maximus blades but will hold off buying them till we talk. Thanks for your reply, Andy...

6. Collapse Details
    Smile
    I've been watching this thread too, it has some humor as well as interesting thoughts. Let me know how you progress and what you decide. I might have some test propellers for you to try. I like the thoughts of sticking to the 15/19 spline flo-torq configuration. This gives you a wide variety of stock as well as modifiable castings to work with. We carry Merc, Hydromotive, Turbo, Acme, Hering and 5 Axis as well as modify them all. 19 spline long hub cleavers are few and far between.

Brett
    Last edited by bbladesprops; 03-22-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling
    Brett Anderson / Owner BBLADES Professional Propellers
    920-295-4435 www.bblades.com

7. Collapse Details

What do you mean by 15/19 spline flo-torq configuration? I think that you are talking about Flo-torque hubs? If so that is the set up I have now with the Bravo 34p props. The props are as new never touched. The weather here has been crappy but tomorrow looks good. I will post my prop shaft depth. What other info will a prop designer/prop lab tech need?

8. Collapse Details

I have just mounted my drives, the distance from the bottom of the hull, folowing the hull with a 6' straight edge to the center of the prop shaft with the drive inline with the hull is exactly 5". What type of prop should I go to? I have a chance to purchase off ebay, Maximus 34p also 36p Bravo ones. Or should I tweek my 34p bravo ones? Just found out my tachs are 300rpm out instead of 5600 rpm I am at 5250 rpm @86mph

9. Collapse Details

Waterford Mi., Lk. St. Clair and Lk. Erie
    Years ago, when I had a Scarab with TRS, I put Hydromotive nose cones on them. The boat went the same speed, but they slowed the engine rpm's by about a hundred. I theorized that the props got a better bite in the smoother water flowing past. Also, I was only going about 60, at 90 mph, they would probably add some speed.
    Big boats rule!

10. Collapse Details

gottem already, thanx anyways...

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak2030 View Post
    I have just mounted my drives, the distance from the bottom of the hull, folowing the hull with a 6' straight edge to the center of the prop shaft with the drive inline with the hull is exactly 5". What type of prop should I go to? I have a chance to purchase off ebay, Maximus 34p also 36p Bravo ones. Or should I tweek my 34p bravo ones? Just found out my tachs are 300rpm out instead of 5600 rpm I am at 5250 rpm @86mph
    Where do your engines need to be WOT rpm wise is the question. I would think spinning a higher Rpm/less pitch, would be easier on those TRS. Say your engines make peak torque at 5000, and peak hp at 6000, i'd try to get as close to 6000 as you can wot, to keep from torque loading the drives. The motors would be happier too.

If 5600 is your goal, maybe the prop gods can rework your 34's. Or maybe even go to 32 bravos. I would stay away from the maximus props on your setup.