Thread: Where are they

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    ???

One should try installing the #6's. Way more work, way more cost as the price of the Arneson's new include a transmission, the #6's used or new do not include these along with the necessary bell housing and drive plate and such that will be needed. One has to move the engines forward about 18" with the Merc #6's also, not the same with the Arnesons. The price will keep escalating with them once you factor in all that you will need. List on the Arneson kit is only 23K.

Our standoff box covers the Bravo cutout so there is no glassing required.
    Thanks for clearing up that info. In no way was I trying to "slam" Arneson as I really like your product. Should have put asd8's on our boat and not had to worry about blowing 6's (the #6 follows the principle of how many right angle gears can you cram into a drive? )..... Also, is your bravo conversion an asd6 or 7? And what's the big difference between the 6 and the 7? I was under the impression that the 7 just has a longer skeg and the same hp rating?......
    Last edited by Coolerman; 03-04-2010 at 12:34 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    Thanks for clearing up that info. In no way was I trying to "slam" Arneson as I really like your product. Should have put asd8's on our boat and not had to worry about blowing 6's (the #6 follows the principle of how many right angle gears can you cram into a drive? )..... Also, is your bravo conversion an asd6 or 7? And what's the big difference between the 6 and the 7? I was under the impression that the 7 just has a longer skeg and the same hp rating?......
    Everything is similar between the #6 and the #7M but different ranging from the steering geometry, rudder sizes, power ratings etc.. The #7M replaced the #6 Arneson.

3. Collapse Details

Are there any BTs with Arnesons? I saw 1 with a pulse drive 4 sale a while back.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
    Are there any BTs with Arnesons? I saw 1 with a pulse drive 4 sale a while back.
    None that I know of. I've spoken with them several times and nothing ever came of it.

The one that had the Pulse Drives was not so good. Terry Sobo took it in trade at Nortec for a Nortec no less. I am not certain if Terry sold the gentlemen the BT originally when he worked there?

5. Collapse Details

Any other 46's out there for sale that arent listed?