Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
  1. Collapse Details

How about Fred dials 732-674-2946

2. Collapse Details

Sorry guys i have been lurking on this thread and what an interesting twist this thread has offered , kinda like PIMP my ride .

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    I would have to say SKATER & OL are very close in build quality..

But I still can't help but think the guys that build the America's Cup boats are so much further advanced considering their budgets they get to work with.

I do recall OL picking up many of the lamination guys from a local sailboat company as well. Very smart move if you ask me !
    Yes they did! Agreed Skater's and OL's are the ones to beat in both vee and cats.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Don't sweat it dude, there may be some people on the internet that claim they know-it-all but in reality they're just like "Big Scotty"!

I say f'em and keep truckin!
    Bingo Frank! We'll have to get together this summer. We'll be dwon for the AC run in June.

5. Collapse Details

On safety of an Outerlimits just look at the former P1 Lucas oil boat. That boat impacted the water at speeds well over 100 and and Joe and Nigel came out unscathed. So if you think OL doesnt build a safe boat your on drungs!!

6. Collapse Details

TT,

Read post 204 - it is in bold print, third paragraph. I agree on build and duty to warn.

I am not on drungs as you wrote, just kidding
    Last edited by Smarty; 02-09-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: drungs?

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nthdegree View Post
    And absolutely the hardest boat on the planet to get insurance on!!!!

Why do you think that is???? Safety???

Spectre has been the toughest to insure for years, from my own experience a few years ago, and MANY of my friends looking to get into an entry level cat.

Most of the cats can be insured, as long as you stay within the insurer's range on power vs length. To get into what they call their "ultra high performance tier (120+)", you have to not only have a clean driving record & insurance history, but once you're past that, most need to go ahead & do the Tres Martin course as well.

Basically, you need to show the insurer that you're not only able to drive the boat, but that you have the knowledge & ability to pull the sticks back, if the situation call for it. They aren't looking for the guy with the most expensive, or the fastest boat out there. They are looking for the guy they only need to hear from, or about, once a year for renewal.

8. Collapse Details

Driving record and Credit is the best it can be! We have gotten insurance for Skaters we were interested in before, just quite a large chunk of change. Keep this thread about the new to come Outerlimits SV28.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    Driving record and Credit is the best it can be!

We have gotten insurance for Skaters we were interested in before, just quite a large chunk of change.
    That's completely understandable, but a big difference from not being able to insure a boat, and not wanting to pay what it may cost to insure it. ANY boat that's going to be stored in Florida, will add to the premium substantially, as well as any boat with more power than their "chart" allows for, will increase as well.

The process isn't always fun, but it's the price you pay to play the game, and the game is too fun to not be playing

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    Safety always needs to be priority number 1.

If I feel I can help in some way, I usually will make my best effort.

Example:
    St Clair Race when the Loan Shark boat flipped and the canopy failed, I documented every angle I could and forwarded the images to manufacturers such as OUTERLIMITS in hope that they may learn something from it and build a stronger safer canopy.

They appreciated it...

I offered the same to SKATER when the accident with the TnT boat in Ocean City happened. But of course the boat was going right to the plant anyway so it was not going to make much of a difference. They had a 1st hand look anyway...
    So when the Skater failed did you forward that to other builders?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    The process isn't always fun, but it's the price you pay to play the game, and the game is too fun to not be playing
    I like that saying a lot and it's so tru and soooooo worth it

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Perf View Post
    I like that saying a lot and it's so tru and soooooo worth it
    Alot of people are unable to insure a Skater though especially with no cat experience which is them hard to get insurance on any cat. Its actually the banks right now who dont like cats very much..........but back to the OL. This new 28 and 36 will fill the gap for people looking to buy an Outerlimits but not wanting a 40+ft boat.

13. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    So when the Skater failed did you forward that to other builders?
    They were made available to the Organization and I recommeded they be passed along to the Manufacturers. To my knowledge conference calls were being made around the globe to see where improvements could be made. I am not sure if the pics were used or not. Another person of a Safety Crew was also there with his point and shoot pocket camera and had actually asked me to leave the hanger for where the boat was being stored, telling me there was not to be any photos taken... That was not his call to make.
    I received authorization from the Pres of the Org to proceed and to make sure I documented as much as possible. Of course with my word that they did not end up in public or on the Internet Forums.

14. Collapse Details

Bingo Frank! We'll have to get together this summer. We'll be dwon for the AC run in June.
    Sounds like a plan, keep in touch!!!

15. Collapse Details

Alot of people are unable to insure a Skater though especially with no cat experience which is them hard to get insurance on any cat. Its actually the banks right now who dont like cats very much..........but back to the OL. This new 28 and 36 will fill the gap for people looking to buy an Outerlimits but not wanting a 40+ft boat.
    I have experience with a cat he was in my garbage I threw a rock at him!