Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Build it and then go race these guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joker3.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    As the owner of multiple Apaches over the years, I can tell you that there's a great difference between what these manufacturers build. Not that the present manufacturer of Apaches build anything anyway. But if the Rebel 30 ever does eventually exist, it'll be an old-school hotrod. I'd have to suspect that this boat will be a reflection of the current OL lineup.
    Chris, i fully agree... just can't see how at being 'a reflection of the current OL lineup' that it will be priced at the 150 level. That would be in line w/ many of the other 28-29 singles rigged that way. The current OL lineup's pricing is not in line w/ any of those... are they?

I think this 28 will be extreme... and priced so too. (per time/labor/material OL puts into their stuff). I think it will be relative to the rest of their lineup.

3. Collapse Details

I suppose I'm assuming that they'll make the boat a junior version of what they build now and finish it with the same quality and materials. And if they do, and they can sell it for $150K, it'll be an amazing bargain. And I'm guessing the buck-fifty price disappears quick if you hit the options list pretty hard. But then again, isn't that the whole purpose of owning an OL? To have an ultra-premium boat?

4. Collapse Details

Will it be available with twin small blocks?

5. Collapse Details

From the pictures on the website, the 28 has a bussel, or so it looks to me. Can somone explain what effect a bussel has on a 28 foot V?

6. Collapse Details

Probably the same as on the larger boats- it looks cool.

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    When you read some of the comments when each of our builders comes out with a new model you'd think the posters on here had money invested in their businesses.
    They dont.

Given the economy that we are weathering , I give Kudos to all of them for having the parts to invest in new product.

I see Statement , OL, Nortech, Pantera as well as all the rest putting huge effort into new shapes and sizes.Good for them.

All the " SUPPLIERS" of our fun should be applauded.

8. Collapse Details

Good point. I'm glad someone is bullish on the performance boat market. They're seeing opportunity and investing in a plan to capitalize on it.

9. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
    From the pictures on the website, the 28 has a bussel, or so it looks to me. Can somone explain what effect a bussel has on a 28 foot V?
    Aerodynamically, quite a bit actually; even more so than on a larger boat.
    I just hope that the bustle isn't counted as part of the 28'.

I love the concept. I think it's great, and I'm glad that some of the elite performance boat manufacturers are finally targeting this size range. It's a highly sought-after segment of the market that is mostly un-tapped by the top-tier manufacturers.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    When you read some of the comments when each of our builders comes out with a new model you'd think the posters on here had money invested in their businesses.
    They dont.
    Or maybe owned one or even something like it.....better yet have a running rig... Lots of BS on the good ole internet!

Good luck to OL, I hope they have a hit!

11. Collapse Details

If it only had outboards....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    They dont.

Given the economy that we are weathering , I give Kudos to all of them for having the parts to invest in new product.

I see Statement , OL, Nortech, Pantera as well as all the rest putting huge effort into new shapes and sizes.Good for them.

All the " SUPPLIERS" of our fun should be applauded.

excellent point.. as usual... I take reading some of this stuff with a grain of salt...it's still winter time..

13. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=CigDaze;433449]I just hope that the bustle isn't counted as part of the 28'.

QUOTE]

I believe it is not.
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

14. Collapse Details

There is nothing wrong talking about a new model, how much $$ it will cost, how fast it is, and if it will sell. I am excited about it and also would like to see the 36 as well. At the start of this thread, there was alot of speculation, and now we have a clearer view of the new 28. I wish Ol the best of luck and look forward to viewing these new models.

15. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MahopacMarine View Post
    I believe it is not.
    Excellent. Thanks.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Or maybe owned one or even something like it.....better yet have a running rig... Lots of BS on the good ole internet!

Then there are those of us that DO own something like it and have invested a similar level of money and are eager to see what they do with the interior space, what level of trim you get..

what the real measurements and weights are,
    what the molded details vs the inserted details are etc.

UD

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

I agree. We need this sort of infusion for the sport/hobby.

18. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Geronimo36;433474]Or maybe owned one or even something like it.....better yet have a running rig... Lots of BS on the good ole internet! [QUOTE]

you talking to me?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Will it be available with twin small blocks?
    Great question. I really like the Gen IV SBC, especially the LSX and the LS7, I think two of those motors in EFI N/A configuration would be a great combination for that boat. That is my interest (twin SBC), as well.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stormrider View Post

you talking to me?
    Nah, you owned a boat!