Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Given the economy, I think it's good to offer smaller boats and more choices for the less fortunate.
    I definitely like to see them making an attempt at the 30 & under market, but what EVER the price for one of these new 28's ends up being, there will still be tons of nice bigger boats on the used market, for as much or less. Other than Pantera style 28ft boats, the under 30ft market is almost impossible to ignite for the custom guys like OL & Cigarette, for that reason.

Hell, even if you could buy the brand new 28 OL for $150k, that leaves quite a few Twin Step 38 Cigarettes, or similar, out there to consider. More importantly, no matter how great that 28 rides, it can't compensate for the extra 10ft you'd be getting with the 38. As you obviously know better than most, a 28 Brave just can't hang when you compare it to the 36 Warrior.

2. Collapse Details

I hear ya Brandon!

3. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by general lee View Post
    i definitely like to see them making an attempt at the 30 & under market, but what ever the price for one of these new 28's ends up being, there will still be tons of nice bigger boats on the used market, for as much or less. Other than pantera style 28ft boats, the under 30ft market is almost impossible to ignite for the custom guys like ol & cigarette, for that reason.

Hell, even if you could buy the brand new 28 ol for $150k, that leaves quite a few twin step 38 cigarettes, or similar, out there to consider. More importantly, no matter how great that 28 rides, it can't compensate for the extra 10ft you'd be getting with the 38. As you obviously know better than most, a 28 brave just can't hang when you compare it to the 36 warrior.
    bingo

4. Collapse Details

28 looks like a nice SVL boat!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    I definitely like to see them making an attempt at the 30 & under market, but what EVER the price for one of these new 28's ends up being, there will still be tons of nice bigger boats on the used market, for as much or less. Other than Pantera style 28ft boats, the under 30ft market is almost impossible to ignite for the custom guys like OL & Cigarette, for that reason.

Hell, even if you could buy the brand new 28 OL for $150k, that leaves quite a few Twin Step 38 Cigarettes, or similar, out there to consider. More importantly, no matter how great that 28 rides, it can't compensate for the extra 10ft you'd be getting with the 38. As you obviously know better than most, a 28 Brave just can't hang when you compare it to the 36 Warrior.
    Maybe not, but now compare it to a "35" fountain, and let's just say there are waves that day.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Maybe not, but now compare it to a "35" fountain, and let's just say there are waves that day.
    Absolutely, but with $150k on the used market, you could probably buy a 47 Fountain that's still under warranty.

7. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Absolutely, but with $150k on the used market, you could probably buy a 47 Fountain that's still under warranty.
    thats true. The deals are out there

8. Collapse Details

Nice concept, but it could very well be a tough sell. However, great looking boat and good luck to OL.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I like it....hopefully they do well and sell a few. That way in about ten years (when I could afford a used one) there will be some around to pick from.

10. Collapse Details

Question: Hustler is unveiling their 29' Rockit at the Miami boat show, apparently it is built. The information on the Hustler website says "This is a concept drawing, final product may vary." Since that picture of the 29' Hustler bottom design is not identical to an OL 28' drawing on the OL website (nor is the rest of the boat) it appears that the two boats are completely different and not realted in any design sharing, but a finished manufactured product might reflect otherwise. I do not have any idea, but was just wondering.

Now with that information, is the Hustler 29' and soon to be OL 28' related, same designer(s), with subtle changes? Or are the two boats completely separate boats (no design sharing at all) being introduced to the public at a similar time? Is there an insider on here who knows?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Question: Hustler is unveiling their 29' Rockit at the Miami boat show, apparently it is built. The information on the Hustler website says "This is a concept drawing, final product may vary." Since that picture of the 29' Hustler bottom design is not identical to an OL 28' drawing on the OL website (nor is the rest of the boat) it appears that the two boats are completely different and not realted in any design sharing, but a finished manufactured product might reflect otherwise. I do not have any idea, but was just wondering.

Now with that information, is the Hustler 29' and soon to be OL 28' related, same designer(s), with subtle changes? Or are the two boats completely separate boats (no design sharing at all) being introduced to the public at a similar time? Is there an insider on here who knows?
    The boats are not related in anyway!!! The OL will be introduced later than the Hustler!!!

12. Collapse Details

Maybe there just making it as a cool yacht tender? Those guys would buy it.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nthdegree View Post
    The boats are not related in anyway!!! The OL will be introduced later than the Hustler!!!
    Understood. The OL supporter(s) are a sensitive-defensive bunch (six exclamation-points in two sentences), forgive me for asking, but it is a valid question.

14. Collapse Details

This is the case for all new boats though right? You can buy a new top gun with mild power, or used with big power, or a used 46 Skater, etc. Some guys just have to have new, and have the dough to do it at any size. Price some of those small Schiada's out West and you'll see people dropping 150K on a 21 or 24!

I'm guessing these won't be selling to first time boat buyers, or even guys with only one boat. This will be the family run about or the like.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Understood. The OL supporter(s) are a sensitive-defensive bunch (six exclamation-points in two sentences), forgive me for asking, but it is a valid question.
    Smarty, i think the rockit has the lines of a phantom.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
    Smarty, i think the rockit has the lines of a phantom.
    Maybe the lines of a Phantom-Pantera hybrid.

17. Collapse Details

There is no relation to Hustler. The 28 that OL is building will be unique and unlike any boat of it's size.

18. Collapse Details

Somewhere the number of 150K got injected into this.
    Is that # speculation or does somebody have actual marketing knowledge?

That is "about" the right amount of money for a new 28 providing it has top of the line single engine power (700+) and is loaded with features and conveniences.

Uncle Dave
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 02-03-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by animalhouse View Post
    There is no relation to Hustler. The 28 that OL is building will be unique and unlike any boat of it's size.
    I like what he said! Not every person out there wants or needs a 38 Top Gun, for example, where they boat or to satisfy their boating needs. I think there is a certain taget market that this boat will appeal to. The new 28 will be every bit as impressive as it's big brothers.

20. Collapse Details

A 28'? maybe those big fancy yacht guys over in the middle east want 'small' tenders??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership