Thread: Interesting 36'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Interesting 36'
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32657-en.html

I haven't seen this one before. I have often thought that 700's and nxt's would be a good reliable set up for a 36'. Also has a head. Not big on the dash It would take me a while to get used to not having my old school guages.

2. Collapse Details

It's been out west for years, it went out there after being repo'ed in florida back around 2000. It used to have some pro charger motors that where about 700 hp.

3. Collapse Details

I agree on the gauges. It just doesn't look right without a dash full of gauges.

4. Collapse Details

I've run that boat...Before it had the new power in it. This dude bought it from a friend of mine to use in the Catalina Ski race. It ran in the mid to upper 70's with pro charged 500's. I don't think 150k investement was worth 10-15 mph!
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

5. Collapse Details

She was at National Liquidators in FL around 2001-02. Interior needed work then, and still looks that way now. I think that is a great engine package for that boat. I like the technology of Smartcraft/Northstar setup, but I too miss the "old school" look of gauges. I would prefer a combination both.

6. Collapse Details

Apaches = oldschool =..................

no other way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tonto dash.jpg   pale face dash.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I've run that boat...Before it had the new power in it. This dude bought it from a friend of mine to use in the Catalina Ski race. It ran in the mid to upper 70's with pro charged 500's. I don't think 150k investement was worth 10-15 mph!
    What did it have for drives when it was running the procharged 500's?

-J

8. Collapse Details

Must have been something wrong with the setup because I was running low 80's with 700 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykamp View Post
    It's been out west for years, it went out there after being repo'ed in florida back around 2000. It used to have some pro charger motors that where about 700 hp.
    I remember it well, I tried bidding on it didn't make the cut-off... When it went out west a broker had it listed for a LOT more than I could have gotten it for at the auction.

700 package in that boat should be nice!

9. Collapse Details

baywatch, It was originally a Bravo boat. Even on the Pro charger setup.

Geronimo36, I also would have thought the pro chargers would have pushed it faster. I had a '94 36' with 575 Eickerts, and it ran 77-78.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    I can see what you mean by "interesting".

That "might" be the most cash I've seen someone drop on power/drives, for a boat that doesn't really seem worth it? I have to think he got some crazy good deal on that 700/NXT combo.....

There are sooooo many nicer used boats out there, that would be perfect for that power?

Oh well, at least it's safe to assume it runs good!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post

That "might" be the most cash I've seen someone drop on power/drives, for a boat that doesn't really seem worth it? I have to think he got some crazy good deal on that 700/NXT combo.....

There are sooooo many nicer used boats out there, that would be perfect for that power?

From a resale perspective it's his loss and someone else' gain I suppose!

Is it me or does the X look a bit on the low side for a surface prop?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Is it me or does the X look a bit on the low side for a surface prop?
    It's not you....it does look low.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post

I agree!!! I love my old 36' and it is great family truckster with lots of cabin space for the kid but I can't imagine dumping that kind of jack for a repower.

If I could buy it for 85k swap engines with the 502's in mine and turn around and sell it for 70k I would take it LOL. I don't see that happening so I guess it will be another season of slow cruising between 50 and 60mph for me

I am curious to know how drives held up with the procharger set up that was on it before. I definately see the bravos as being the week link on a heavy boat once you do anything to the slow stock power.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hessdk View Post
    baywatch, It was originally a Bravo boat. Even on the Pro charger setup.

Geronimo36, I also would have thought the pro chargers would have pushed it faster. I had a '94 36' with 575 Eickerts, and it ran 77-78.
    My bad, my bad...The boat was putting out between 700-750 hp and ran right around 82 mph and best of 84 per the old owner.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

15. Collapse Details

For that kind of money, I would be looking at buying Kirk Smith's Drillin It 36 with 950's, 6's, and get to touch the century mark.

16. Collapse Details

I think John Pompi did some work to it years ago, they should have sent it back to him or TNT for the rerig.

17. Collapse Details

I agree!!

18. Collapse Details

I am sure that this one will be holding its place in the classifieds for some time. A guy has a lot of options in this soft market for that kind of money so I don't see it selling very quickly.

Also, which 36' was the raindance #6 drives boat before the redo http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26534-en.html ? That is another interesting one. Definately the paint on that one is a little "busier" than I prefer but I love the dual helm dash guage configuration etc..

19. Collapse Details

My bad, my bad...The boat was putting out between 700-750 hp and ran right around 82 mph and best of 84 per the old owner.
    Sounds just about right! I ran a best of 83 with Bravo's and a 1.5 gear ratio and 81 with Bmax and 1.30 gear ratio. I was at 720 hp back then but now I'm running 87 mph with 2" raised X and 800 hp and Bmax.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleCry View Post
    For that kind of money, I would be looking at buying Kirk Smith's Drillin It 36 with 950's, 6's, and get to touch the century mark.
    I think he still wants a lil too much but that is for sure one of the nicest 36's in my opinion. Only gripe I have is the shorter cockpit with the half stagger but from what Bob tells me that boat is a great runner!!!

Also, the 36' with 3a's out in Long Island is another great one but needs a little TLC but the price is right.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Also, which 36' was the raindance #6 drives boat before the redo http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26534-en.html ? That is another interesting one. Definately the paint on that one is a little "busier" than I prefer but I love the dual helm dash guage configuration etc..
    Raindance is the 36' that rolled in the NYC poker run in 2004.