Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1668
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    Steve what ever happened to Thad Allen anyway? Just curious really unless i missed something.

I do like that 40, DAMN good lookin boat
    Steve 2 got that new 40 cheetahcat looking real good.

Thad dropped out sight,Like off the Earth, I enjoyed working for him we need more people like him in the business, they like nice things and create jobs.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Adis View Post
    Steve,

Correct me if I am wrong, but you mean that the more steps you have, the "harder" the ride you have.

I mean you have more vertical accelerations/decelerations, more "sudden" response from the boat, and the overall behaviour is more "stiff", according to my knowledge or let's say, my "understanding" ......

Is there any rule of thumb which indicates what is the "optimum" number of steps to use according to the length of the boat? I.e. for up to 28" one step, from 28" to 40" or 43" two steps and above that, let's say three steps.....

If there is such rule, does it applies the same for Deep-Vee's as well as cat's?

Thanks in advance.
    Sir no I did not imply that!! Everything we do is worked out from bottom pressure gleaned from past projects and calculated tunnel lift.

I am not going to give up too much here but if you look at one of MY boats running you can see there was a lot of Math involved and no guess work would be present.

There can't be a rule of thumb as each boat has it's own set of parameters and is case specific that is why I would never own mold's for my custom boat line.

Exception would be the little 10 Meter diesel police cat.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Steve here is one of those side ducted tunnel Cheetahcats this one was a triple I pulled the photo off my video tape a while back, was still working on the core here and getting it ready for glass

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-16-2010 at 11:50 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Sir no I did not imply that!! Everything we do is worked out from bottom pressure gleaned from past projects and calculated tunnel lift.

I am not going to give up too much here but if you look at one of MY boats running you can see there was a lot of Math involved and no guess work would be present.

There can't be a rule of thumb as each boat has it's own set of parameters and is case specific that is why I would never own mold's for my custom boat line.

Exception would be the little 10 Meter diesel police cat.
    Thanks for the reply Steve.

May I ask if you use any specific program for these calculations, or you use the traditional way of formulas and pencil & paper? In the case you use a software, may I ask which one?

Thanks again in advance.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Steve here is one of those side ducted tunnel Cheetahcats this one was a triple I pulled the photo off my video tape a while back, was still working on the core here and getting it ready for glass

pretty wild lookin tunnel how did it perform? Kinda like what Statemant is doing now on their big cat.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    pretty wild lookin tunnel how did it perform? Kinda like what Statemant is doing now on their big cat.
    That was a lot of paper work and It did exactly what I wanted it to do but now I see another way ,Yes I heard it was just invented and you know someone was maybe using it before I did LOL there was a lot of smart people in this business.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Adis View Post
    Thanks for the reply Steve.

May I ask if you use any specific program for these calculations, or you use the traditional way of formulas and pencil & paper? In the case you use a software, may I ask which one?

Thanks again in advance.
    No in those days it was all by pencil and paper with a radio shack calculator ,the weight of water and air are known and my bottom geometry analyzed using using things like trig functions that were published in the back of every engineering manual,I had nothing else, there are a lot of real cool programs nowadays, there was nothing back Then to give me what I needed.
    Last edited by Steve 1; 04-17-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Typo and add text

8. Collapse Details

Here is a Pair of Cheetahcats sitting in the factory in Kuwait.

9. Collapse Details

No in those days it was all by pencil and paper with a radio shack calculator ,the weight of water and air are known and my bottom geometry analyzed using using things like trig functions that were published in the back of every engineering manual,I had nothing else, there are a lot of real cool programs nowadays, there was nothing back Then to give me what I needed.
    lol
    hey thanks for the link over hey show them the lofting wall you showed me

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    lol
    hey thanks for the link over hey show them the lofting wall you showed me
    I did early in the Cat thread Nice to see you here.

11. Collapse Details

Here is that area before,The Kuwaiti Guy who had it before we bought the place had a gray boat he was building for a customer,The Iraqis pulled up and said oh this is a military Boat and this factory is now part of Saddams military industrial complex, Then with the Iraqis and their trucks there It became a target I counted 28 large Shell holes in the roof which was no big deal in just the sheet metal but if they hit the bar joist then some damage was done and a wall got blown out.

12. Collapse Details

Shell hole, some corrugated metal slipped over the outside then we foamed the entire roof and the concrete work on repairing the blasted floor inside.

13. Collapse Details

Here is a 36 B, Which is same as the first Cheetahcat only with the Sheer line lowered and a little different rear profile we called these "B" models.

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-19-2010 at 12:10 AM.

14. Collapse Details

This has got to be the best thread I've ever read.
    I know I've thanked you many times in this Steve, but I hope you know that every time I have said Thank you, it is genuine.
    I am absolutely loving this!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    This has got to be the best thread I've ever read.
    I know I've thanked you many times in this Steve, but I hope you know that every time I have said Thank you, it is genuine.
    I am absolutely loving this!
    Hey Thank you Sir that means a lot!

16. Collapse Details

Here is a 36 B, Which is same as the first Cheetahcat only with the Sheer line lowered and a little different rear profile we called these "B" models.

I've seen pics of that boat in a magazine and they listed "Koss Aerospace" as manufacturer. Just a mistake or a story behind that?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olli View Post
    I've seen pics of that boat in a magazine and they listed "Koss Aerospace" as manufacturer. Just a mistake or a story behind that?
    That was the company that built them at that time. Thanks for asking.

18. Collapse Details

The 10 Meter "8" Model 3 1/2 years newer in design and construction. While I was building this boat the Cheetahcat 12 the 40 my first Inboard was being designed and drawn.

19. Collapse Details

Absolutely the most educational and entertaining thread i've seen on this website. No disrespect to the website. Thank you for the stories.

20. Collapse Details

Another Picture I had this thing like Vacuformed around the Tunnel in a effort to keep the volume and area low as I could, this also had the ballast down low and pushed outboard around the CG. It was funny to see it sitting with the rest of the boats in the waves, unique and very stable looking, The Italians liked the thing as well and wanted to buy one.