Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    Do you still keep in touch with anyone that has any of your tooling? Great stuff, thanks
    SLAP*#**++ AND GO TO SLEEP Dave , i will give you a call tomorrow..................and what about that 20 ?

2. Collapse Details

Do you still keep in touch with anyone that has any of your tooling? Great stuff, thanks

Yes we still talk they are like family, Hey thanks! BTW when I built that the Next one was in my head.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Steve, thanks for taking the time to scan all these pics and share a sick amount of knowledge. This thread will be a great reference for years to come. I'm really enjoying checking it each day to see what you've posted for us to see....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
    Steve, thanks for taking the time to scan all these pics and share a sick amount of knowledge. This thread will be a great reference for years to come. I'm really enjoying checking it each day to see what you've posted for us to see....
    Sir it is my pleasure and I thank you for the nice comments and you are very welcome.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

5. Collapse Details

Here is the Cheetahcat console base it required a multi piece mold, this picture was taken in one of our 43 foot cats.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Here is the Cheetahcat console base it required a multi piece mold, this picture was taken in one of our 43 foot cats.

Steve in your pics it looks like you are showing the botton side of the console and could you please show a topside view just to get a good picture of what the console really looks like ?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Steve in your pics it looks like you are showing the botton side of the console and could you please show a topside view just to get a good picture of what the console really looks like ?
    Coming up, the top was hinged and had a surface set for Raytheon electronics if that was called for Plus three could sit behind the windscreen on that.

8. Collapse Details

Filling in some pictures,Here is the foredeck getting finished for molding this version had a round hatch for a windless between the two small fairings ,there were a couple more variants planned these dropped in like a hatch would and then was glassed 360.

9. Collapse Details

I had sanding sticks for every piece of the job, This guy caught on very well,we sanded with silicon carbide paper and talcum powder instead of water.

10. Collapse Details

The Mold sides are off here and the Hatch Grid/Stringer system is going in, the liner sides are masked up for bonding work,There is a storage locker that goes up in the front behind the bulkhead. The plywood work walkway up the center is the exact size of the hatches and is a critical dimension,Every compartment was to get a finished liner.

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-06-2010 at 03:53 PM.

11. Collapse Details

The Bonding is done and the forward Locker is glassed in, this supports the floor hatches as well,The Fuel tanks have been placed and need bolted then some Foam again we made them round for long term survivability..

The mold had Two Axles as the center of gravity changes with the sides mounted and I wanted to keep this balanced so one man could turn it. Getting close, the floor hatches done now and are a no measure needed with the holes pre-located and even the countersink molded ,the rigger just needs a drill.

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    I had sanding sticks for every piece of the job, This guy caught on very well,we sanded with silicon carbide paper and talcum powder instead of water.

I have never used that technique with talcum powder. How does that work and what it the advantage? Was that used just for fairing/bulk sanding? Thats interesting . . . .

Hey have you ever kept epoxy tools (rollers, spreaders,etc) in vinegar? Heard it keeps epoxy from curing and makes cleanup easy. Never tried it myself just ran across that on another site.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

13. Collapse Details

I have never used that technique with talcum powder. How does that work and what it the advantage? Was that used just for fairing/bulk sanding? Thats interesting . . . .

Hey have you ever kept epoxy tools (rollers, spreaders,etc) in vinegar? Heard it keeps epoxy from curing and makes cleanup easy. Never tried it myself just ran across that on another site.
    I have kept epoxy tools for a year in a tight lid metal bucket (I had a lot of weird bent brushes and special rollers) in acetone ,I have never tried Vinegar but it makes sense when looking at the PH .the talcum powder provides like a lube and keeps the abrasive clean and free from getting packed ,we use a air hose to keep it clean. Gelcoat clean up on clothes try a spray of armor-all mag wheel cleaner then wash, I always get it all over when cleaning up the spray equipment with acetone,Thanks for the vinegar tip.

14. Collapse Details

We are pulling the cat today, wood is on for the upholstery guy and he has started on the seats and console,some cleanup and rig ,I will get a pair of Mercurys from their dealer here Al Boom, he was a good guy to deal with.

15. Collapse Details

Here is a picture of the fishing boat ,Everyone liked the cat and It even ran "S" class in one of the National races here.I will dig out more pictures of these.

16. Collapse Details

In that last pic it looks as though the tip of the right side is missing, is it or is it just the pic?

Very cool looking fish boat.

17. Collapse Details

OK,OK,...Port siide

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    OK,OK,...Port siide

No LOL the boat is exactly symmetrically that is black Paint on the inside of the sponson's, the Arabians painted the bows of the old Dhows in that fashion there was a famous one called the Kuwait boom the Iraqis burned when they were there.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I would say its the left side of the boat ?? but i guess thats where the 50 cal. maschine gun sticks out !!!!! LOL

Gray one in the back gets the .50 but being that came from my shop it sits on a polished stainless mount.

20. Collapse Details

This is the reason I painted the sponsons in that manner it was out of respect for my hosts.Here is what I was copying from their distant past and bringing forth ,look up on the bowsprit.

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-08-2010 at 05:09 PM.