Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1668
  1. Collapse Details

a few more...so, when people wondered why it was taking so long, its because we started with something that had really a lot of work to get it to something that was workable!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01528.JPG   DSC01581.JPG   DSC01586.JPG  

DSC01731.JPG   DSC01761.JPG   DSC01762.JPG  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Where is Mike Kocell these days?
    He hauled azz outta FLA because of all the bullship and moved to like Tennessee or something. He still stops by on occasion.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2 View Post
    there is no way to even describe what this plug looked like when we received it...the company that did the original work (so-called work) screwed it up so bad that is would have made more sense to start from scratch - can you even imagine calling your boss and telling him that he just wasted about $25k? I should have posted these first, they show some of the issues and the rippled, wavy bottom. I mean the strakes aren't even close to straight or symmetrical!!!
    Hell, that looks like a few BRAND NEW Profiles (Randy Shultz now Liquid Glass) that I have seen they were still wave'n at ya from 50' away

Anyway, the 38 PP is a work of art, now I know why Jass wants to bring'em back. The only one I have ever seen is the one Pat(A.T.) had and that was a bare hull then.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2 View Post
    While admiring all this beautiful finish work, it reminded me of the endless hours and the push for perfection from Steve1 and crew...i am attaching a few pics that show how far off the bottom was on the original plug work, and how much and how far Steve brought it - i challenge anyone to find a ripple or wave in the "almost" finished 41 plug - he had to raise it about 3" if i remember, maybe Steve will chime in and give us some of his input - this would have/could have/should have been the straightest, most flawless boat on the water - and ONLY a few people ever got to see this stuff up close.
    Steve 2 !! .............. PLEASE .............and with that in mind and not to be rude and start any arguments , i would like to mention that every Skater that has ever been produced along with all the long man hours involved on every custom deck and hull including plugs / molds are probably some of the straightest ever produced in the industry and every strake is razor sharp along with modifications that were made if the performance of the hull was not at its peek to achieve the most out of every boat and not to mention that i am one of the only few people ever to see this stuff considering i assisted in the build of the 28 , 36 , 40 , 46 .

5. Collapse Details

Here is what we were faced with coming in the door so to speak,This plug lead to a lot of big time friction starting when I called the company and told them that is NOT the way I wanted it built,this back when they started on the project ,Reply this is the way we do it!! You can see a frame right there.

Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Here is what we were faced with coming in the door so to speak,This plug lead to a lot of big time friction starting when I called the company and told them that is NOT the way I wanted it built,this back when they started on the project ,Reply this is the way we do it!! You can see a frame right there.

Steve 1 , i can almost bet that there was a whole lot of cussing going on and to tell you the truth you were not the only company in the industry facing the same problem and talk about bull$hit . Hey

7. Collapse Details

Defy'n Gravity Gelcoat .

Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

8. Collapse Details

I am in the process of doing this exact same project right now on a thirty footer. I aquired a mold I intended to use for production and pulled hull number one. I honestly could not believe how far off the bottom was. Funny thing is that I already have a hull in my shop (different brand than the mold) that I used to fabricate the new deck. This hull fits into that mold like a glove. Both boats are now on their back and have the exact same imperfections. It's been near six steady weeks now straightening out what will be the plug for the new mold and you're right, it probably is easier to start from scratch. The good news is that it's nearly there and used this oppertunity to reconfigure and update the bottom. The sad news is that this is a very popular hull and many manufacturers have boats out there with the same jacked up bottom. My customers walk in my shop and are astounded by what it takes to get a boat from paper to finished product using filler and elbow grease. I'll post some pics if ok with Steve1. Don't want to hijack his thread. Better yet, Steve1, if you want to visit I'm right down the street in Pembroke Park. Could always use some advise/constructive critiscism.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    I am in the process of doing this exact same project right now on a thirty footer. I aquired a mold I intended to use for production and pulled hull number one. I honestly could not believe how far off the bottom was. Funny thing is that I already have a hull in my shop (different brand than the mold) that I used to fabricate the new deck. This hull fits into that mold like a glove. Both boats are now on their back and have the exact same imperfections. It's been near six steady weeks now straightening out what will be the plug for the new mold and you're right, it probably is easier to start from scratch. The good news is that it's nearly there and used this oppertunity to reconfigure and update the bottom. The sad news is that this is a very popular hull and many manufacturers have boats out there with the same jacked up bottom. My customers walk in my shop and are astounded by what it takes to get a boat from paper to finished product using filler and elbow grease. I'll post some pics if ok with Steve1. Don't want to hijack his thread. Better yet, Steve1, if you want to visit I'm right down the street in Pembroke Park. Could always use some advise/constructive critiscism.
    When I am down that way I sure will stop by, Regards.

10. Collapse Details

Here getting close.

11. Collapse Details

Motors for the Diesel PP

12. Collapse Details

Open Fisherman nice boat ready to go.

13. Collapse Details

Danny's "S" Cat Key West 1983

14. Collapse Details

Cockpit

15. Collapse Details

PP Hotboat with the Man himself

16. Collapse Details

Grey Interior

17. Collapse Details

A Class Boat 28 PP

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Danny's "S" Cat Key West 1983

Cool, I was the person who jumped in the water to feed the straps under so we could lift it.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    Cool, I was the person who jumped in the water to feed the straps under so we could lift it.
    The boat was rebuilt and sold to a doctor.

20. Collapse Details

Here is a nice 33 Open fish, We did that raised hull mold in 94

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-28-2010 at 12:34 AM.