Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1668
  1. Collapse Details

We got a visit from the Boss he liked the boat.The cutting table had every glass pattern needed to build this Cat.

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-10-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

2. Collapse Details

There is in the far corner a large vacuum gauge on the wall the regulator and there is a vacuum drop every 20 feet going around this shop,Through the door is a complete carpenter shop and up the stairs is the glass cutting loft. a couple 13 Meter cats one in the mold and one on the floor.

Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Here we were doing a sport deck for the 43 falcon.It had a hatch between the engines (Yammars) the owner wanted to carry a jet ski.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    On ester resins never more than 3 HG it will get spotty after that. The epoxies I start @ 5 HG and and then ramp up ,Infusion 27-28 or do not open the resin valve.
    thanks, what kind of regulator do you use and where are they available. I just picked up a new pump this week for some bigger jobs and the regulator i use on my smaller system wont work with this baby. I've named it Pumpzilla
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vac4.jpg  
    Last edited by glassdave; 04-11-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    thanks, what kind of regulator do you use and where are they available. I just picked up a new pump this week for some bigger jobs and the regulator i use on my smaller system wont work with this baby. I've named it Pumpzilla
    I make my own they do not sell anything close to what I need.

6. Collapse Details

Here is one I made connected to the vacuum pipe,This was part of our "Quick bag" system.

7. Collapse Details

thats kinda what i did on the smaller pump. I just use a bleeder valve and adjust it on the fly to what i want. I didnt know if there was anything available or if i could just bleed off excess on a bigger system.

8. Collapse Details

thats kinda what i did on the smaller pump. I just use a bleeder valve and adjust it on the fly to what i want. I didnt know if there was anything available or if i could just bleed off excess on a bigger system.
    That is self regulating and I had a 10 HP pump in that shop,setup was I added weights to increase the vacuum level.

9. Collapse Details

43 Falcon? OK now we got something way new here, what is that?
    Looks like a V-bottom deck.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    43 Falcon? OK now we got something way new here, what is that?
    Looks like a V-bottom deck.

It goes on the Big cats we did they had a full deck and did not have a pickle fork,the emphasis was on cabin space it had a full berth going across the tunnel to the side of the boat a galley and head.

11. Collapse Details

You have to throttle never choke the pump I have used the store bought with springs they do not give me close to what I wanted so I use a system we make that uses
    weights, silky smooth bullet proof never drifts.

12. Collapse Details

Interesting, any chance i can get some sort of a schematic or instructions on making one? I cant picture what you mean with weights. Thanks

Other then fluctuation in pressure what is the down side to choking?

13. Collapse Details

Interesting, any chance i can get some sort of a schematic or instructions on making one? I cant picture what you mean with weights. Thanks

Other then fluctuation in pressure what is the down side to choking?
    Electric bill and strain on the now hot pump. I will go out back there may be one around I can photograph.

14. Collapse Details

gotcha . . . . so you want to maintain a good volume of air going through the pump and regulate the pressure drawing only what you need from the flow.

15. Collapse Details

It goes on the Big cats we did they had a full deck and did not have a pickle fork,the emphasis was on cabin space it had a full berth going across the tunnel to the side of the boat a galley and head.
    Now thats cool, I do hope you have pics of that finished and what the cabin looked like. Great stuff Steve.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Now thats cool, I do hope you have pics of that finished and what the cabin looked like. Great stuff Steve.
    I will see what is left hurricane Wilma took the roof off the joint and everything got soaked.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Almost looks like a PP !!!! LOL
    NICE !!!!!!!
    Yes I like that So Florida look that deck was done on Autocad 12 on a friday (arabian sunday) and started saturday I had a good crew.

18. Collapse Details

gotcha . . . . so you want to maintain a good volume of air going through the pump and regulate the pressure drawing only what you need from the flow.
    Found a old one.

19. Collapse Details

Dave nice pump and movin on up .............

20. Collapse Details

Here we were doing a sport deck for the 43 falcon.It had a hatch between the engines (Yammars) the owner wanted to carry a jet ski.

Steve 1 just curious how did you work that into the whole plan of the deck as far as getting the jet ski off and on ?