Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Steve 1 can you drop me a PM with an e-mail address, I have a few pictures i would like you to take a look at... thanks

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Steve 1 can you drop me a PM with an e-mail address, I have a few pictures i would like you to take a look at... thanks
    Sent!
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    NICE !!!!!!!
    That was the real job there to supply those.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    No LOL the boat is exactly symmetrically that is black Paint on the inside of the sponson's, the Arabians painted the bows of the old Dhows in that fashion there was a famous one called the Kuwait boom the Iraqis burned when they were there.
    I kinda figured something like that but if you look at the pic the black lines up perfectly with the door or window in the back ground and that is what made it look odd.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I kinda figured something like that but if you look at the pic the black lines up perfectly with the door or window in the back ground and that is what made it look odd.
    Yes saw that when I looked again at the photo, It is unusual so I can understand the comment.

6. Collapse Details

Driving home from the plant oop's not in Lauderdale anymore.

7. Collapse Details

More pictures, we rigged this one with 225's I had three speedometers in it for demo ,MPH, Knots, and Kilos. Plus hand held GPS which was not trusted in those days for some reason.Ran good turned like a Porshe, solid boat, self bailing and a lot of storage.

8. Collapse Details

Getting it ready to go south all the Big Kuwaiti's have places on the water down near the Saudi Border. those are the fuel fills on the side of the console.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    How did you hook up the steering on the recreational boats?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    How did you hook up the steering on the recreational boats?
    Dual Hynautic Cylinders and a large tie bar.we were a stocking supplier in those days thanks for asking

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Did you connect the tie bar to include any ackerman angle?

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That thing is sweet Steve. Really sweet......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    Did you connect the tie bar to include any ackerman angle?
    Came straight off the tiller arm to the tie bar system,there was no compensation added, we had a heavy large OD SS Military tie bar that was made in house so it was easy to get the custom lengths for the fishing boats.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    That thing is sweet Steve. Really sweet......
    Thank you BTW I hate the old shoebox Hull/Deck type fit so I went this route which gave me a lot of freedom to shape plus a boat that was solid as a rock.
    Last edited by Steve 1; 04-10-2010 at 11:53 AM.

15. Collapse Details

Catch up on some pictures here,Dave off to the right of those vacuum pipes there is a rack of Sanding tools,The way we worked here is the Vacuum level was set by myself and There was a high capicity throttling type regulator built in the system as well ,the crew is doing something as a pipe has been run out.

16. Collapse Details

This holding fixture was built at the time of Prototype, here we are getting ready to do the splash well.

17. Collapse Details

The parts going in the Cat had to be cut very close as there was no room for error,This pneumatic clamping jig was built and the patterns were held down and Frames or whatever were cut out on this table which allowed both hands on the machine and quick setup..

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Catch up on some pictures here,Dave off to the right of those vacuum pipes there is a rack of Sanding tools,The way we worked here is the Vacuum level was set by myself and There was a high capicity throttling type regulator built in the system as well ,the crew is doing something as a pipe has been run out.

so you had one vacuum system plumbed throughout rather then a mobile type unit on a cart or something? Thats cool. I started using regulators on a vac system over the last few years as i got bigger/stronger pumps and i started using more epoxies. With the long cure times i realized if you were not careful you could drag just about all the resin out of a laminate. What is the max setting you would use?

i really those pneumatic clamps . . . . no chance of finding those at Harbor Freight huh?

Hey in the other thread with the poll about a new cat i vote to bring this baby back
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    so you had one vacuum system plumbed throughout rather then a mobile type unit on a cart or something? Thats cool. I started using regulators on a vac system over the last few years as i got bigger/stronger pumps and i started using more epoxies. With the long cure times i realized if you were not careful you could drag just about all the resin out of a laminate. What is the max setting you would use?

Hey in the other thread with the poll about a new cat i vote to bring this baby back
    On ester resins never more than 3 HG it will get spotty after that. The epoxies I start @ 5 HG and and then ramp up ,Infusion 27-28 or do not open the resin valve.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post

i really those pneumatic clamps . . . . no chance of finding those at Harbor Freight huh?

The Ten meter 8 Model or the 36?