Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Dean and Float I have another thread coming up on my race stuff where I will go into Lofting and some of the fine points ..Thanks guys for the nice words this means a lot to me.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

2. Collapse Details

Steve, I am so glad you started this thread up. You just dont get this type of detailed info on the behind the scenes process of boat building.

One question, I know a lot of what you have documented here was working on the boat/plug for the T-4. The other boat, the straight bottomed one that was used to create the molds that Pantera ended up with, was that boat a completely new design? Or was it based on the old 41' Apache? I thought I remember reading one of your posts on Scream and Fly that it was based on the old design, but I cannot seem to find it now. I know the deck was a completely new and unique design, Im curious about the hull though...

(Although with as much rework as you did on that plug to fix it, I guess it was totally new and unique at that point haha!)

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
    Steve, I am so glad you started this thread up. You just dont get this type of detailed info on the behind the scenes process of boat building.

One question, I know a lot of what you have documented here was working on the boat/plug for the T-4. The other boat, the straight bottomed one that was used to create the molds that Pantera ended up with, was that boat a completely new design? Or was it based on the old 41' Apache? I thought I remember reading one of your posts on Scream and Fly that it was based on the old design, but I cannot seem to find it now. I know the deck was a completely new and unique design, Im curious about the hull though...

(Although with as much rework as you did on that plug to fix it, I guess it was totally new and unique at that point haha!)
    There is a link in the 2 post that has a lot of the info as well.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Anyway Powerboat Magazine was coming for a photo shoot so I placed the Strake Cores up on it for show and pictures.

I have thought many times about a step configuration such as this. Are Jo and Pepe building the 41 with the same configuration and strakes running thru un-interupted?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scarabman View Post
    I have thought many times about a step configuration such as this. Are Jo and Pepe building the 41 with the same configuration and strakes running thru un-interupted?
    Pepe and Jo have a real good Bottom Guy they work with the boat will be a head turner and I am so happy this is coming about with them doing it.

6. Collapse Details

Thanks Steve. Great thread

7. Collapse Details

Scarabman thank you for looking at the thread regards.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    Thanks Steve. Great thread
    and I thank you for the nice comment regards

9. Collapse Details

Great Thread Steve.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Great Thread Steve.
    Hey Thank you.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoying this, as am I.
    Thank you. Very interesting reading all this, as I followed this very closely back in '03/'04.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BAD ASS TA WS6 View Post
    Thank you. Very interesting reading all this, as I followed this very closely back in '03/'04.
    Same here

13. Collapse Details

Nice thread, wow do those pics look familiar!

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2 View Post
    You must be Steve Wilson if these look familiar!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

LOL you took them how are you Steve?

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Speaking of pictures.....would you happen to have all the ones I donated to you along with the Apache brochures????
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Welcome to SOS Steve2

18. Collapse Details

Yes welcome Steve.

19. Collapse Details

I am finding some cut offs here is a piece from the stringer This is 1" Corecell A-600 with 8-1808's Infused with the Ampreg 22 Epoxy laminating Resin,There is a viscosity problem using this in place of a low viscosity Infusion Epoxy but testing told me I could flow the resin front 14+ inches in 18 minutes. and I had a well trained Bag crew.

20. Collapse Details

The Avatars are what Steve 2 Did when we were doing another big thread on the Cats.