Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Here's the interesting part - Kenneth R. Kasten owns Sanibel Shell Service Station. They have or had ties to offshore racing as in they race or did race. They are/were also involved in the development of an experimental boat a couple years ago. Unless the station has been sold in the last couple years but wtf do I know? This could all be dated info having nothing to do with the current owner.

2. Collapse Details

If it is the same guy..

Was going to put a turbine in it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grandeur_magazine_seaphantom.pdf   bat.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tommymonza View Post
    How did they know this guy was going this fast one? And where he wrecked
    i can't imagine there being any real break in the traffic to open it up.
    Taddle Tale Livorsi GPS in the Center Counsel!

Possible that the guests concern was related to high speed wind noise, vibration, wheel pull, etc.
    He was on a service test drive. Making sure the vehicle was to mfg spec and to the guests expectations.
    Like she said, they are well "respected" lol

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
    Not that I give two chits about getting into a pizzing match with some computer commando like you.....

#1 Mosport has only one (only reasonably) hard braking section.....the rest of the lap is little dabs on the brake setting up for corners.....it posts one of if not THE highest avg speeds of any track the ALMS Series races on.....look it up!!!....if you intend to challenge my post and are basing your computer argument on brakes YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT!!!!

#2 Your assuming my brakes are stock.....

#3 Not running the car flat out.....what a joke!.....I could see little squats in the rear every time he shifted, the little wisps of greyish smoke out the pipes and the wiggles in the transitions......like me he was driving the chit out of that car!....and the blank look on the guys face in the pit when I told him it was a 305......."OH!...not a 350?....huh!!....."

#4 Were you there??? I was and I dont need to talk chit!

I know you guys think your cars are all that......sorry theyre not.
    With peeps like you around no wonder people hardly post anymore....enough.....
    You do know what IROC stands for right?

You were the one that stated a Boxster couldn't break 123 mph......I just noted they all can do it and the S model breaks 160.....

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    You do know what IROC stands for right? .
    do know what they call a BMW driver whose got nothing left and has to resort to calling people names.......????

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Just saw this thread and laughed. Kenny crashed down the street from me and I found the porsche tag bracket at the sceneand put it on my junk truck. My estimation is high 90's and speedo spun to wide open. His idea of test drives are to run it like it was stolen and burnouts etc..Sanibel is. is a goofy place to begin with not to mention sanibel shell. (He dumped the clutch in a customers saab so hard the motor dented the hood). He used to race with Mel Voss team magnum 27 when Mel was hurt. He would hold the thottles wide open and the engine would usually blow. Mel is a good guy that deservsed a better deal.He raced with Dr.Santiago (zero cavity, mcmanus baja style top gun)in a bat boat also. He is involved with the sea slug boat and that boat is rigged nice with a good motor exhaust and imco drive and box now, so when it goes up for auction, it would good to buy for the right price to strip. He worked on my custom dually way back when and snapped the started off the block with a jack ruining the long block, so I have some animosity towards that situation and sanibel shell. I'm sure he brags to his buddies that he was going that fast(163)but from where he crashed he would of been a hundred feet farther back in the mangroves bushes if that were the case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shell.jpeg   plate.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Not that I give two chits about getting into a pizzing match with some computer commando like you.....

#1 Mosport has only one (only reasonably) hard braking section.....the rest of the lap is little dabs on the brake setting up for corners.....it posts one of if not THE highest avg speeds of any track the ALMS Series races on.....look it up!!!....if you intend to challenge my post and are basing your computer argument on brakes YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT!!!!

#2 Your assuming my brakes are stock.....

#3 Not running the car flat out.....what a joke!.....I could see little squats in the rear every time he shifted, the little wisps of greyish smoke out the pipes and the wiggles in the transitions......like me he was driving the chit out of that car!....and the blank look on the guys face in the pit when I told him it was a 305......."OH!...not a 350?....huh!!....."

#4 Were you there??? I was and I dont need to talk chit!

I know you guys think your cars are all that......sorry theyre not.
    With peeps like you around no wonder people hardly post anymore....enough.....
    I hardly post and it's actually posts like this that is why. The original argument was top speed and you were wrong and an S is capable of the speed in the article. You seem to be the computer commando here. Why so defensive and argumentative when it was the top speed that started this?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    I hardly post and it's actually posts like this that is why. The original argument was top speed and you were wrong and an S is capable of the speed in the article. You seem to be the computer commando here. Why so defensive and argumentative when it was the top speed that started this?
    Guy was stuck in the 80's with his IROC-Z with the "big 305 motor" and couldn't understand how some of the newer foreign cars can put down some serious numbers. I didn't take it personal and laughed it off.

I don't care for them but some of those Subaru WRX/Lancer Turbos are extremely fast and can dust off some big HP highline cars.

9. Collapse Details

So what is the story with the Sea Slug going up for auction ? What a waste of time and who ever gave this guy one dime for that to be built is crazy.

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    So what is the story with the Sea Slug going up for auction ? What a waste of time and who ever gave this guy one dime for that to be built is crazy.
    No just saying they got rid of the o/b and spent some money on it. You could rig a nice single with the hardware from it. Maybe if they make another XXX movie they could use as a stunt boat.

11. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bunnypancake.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Registered
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haDTyBS8xnU The sea slug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bat.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    I hardly post and it's actually posts like this that is why. The original argument was top speed and you were wrong and an S is capable of the speed in the article.
    OMG.....!!!....isnt this OVER!!
    re read the whole thread.....my argument was theres no way he could hit then wipe out at 163 and gave a REAL WORLD account of something that happened on a RACE TRACK where you start in second gear and run wide open for the better part of a MILE then only have to drop one gear at the end to make the turn and we still couldnt get anywhere near the supposed 163 stated in the artical and that was only in a S model which IMO it probably wasnt.....even if it was an S he would probably need the better part of 2 to 2.5 MILES to open it up , inch up to top speed then be able to come to a safe stop, and it didnt look like he was in Bonneville Utah or Montana......I still call BS!!!!

And the damage to the car.....more proof......look what happens to Nascars when they crash.....get sideways at 180 maybe scrub off 20 mph sliding then start crashing at.....160!......the blocks fly out the rearends dislodge....by the time theyre done theres nothing left of those cars and they have roll cages on roll cages.....and how do I know what the roll cages are like???......I happen to own one...... IM sorry but if you slide off the road at 160 in a production car.....your dead.

even an eyewitness to the crash calls BS...see post above yours
    Last edited by pullmytrigger; 03-19-2010 at 01:02 AM.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    with the "big 305 motor"
    where did I say that???.....you cant find anything so you just make something up eh?.....L

and for the record I expected to get really waxed by these guys, Im not afraid of being beat.....I raced for years and got beat all the time.

and I should have got beat.....I have FIVE G's into my car not SIXTY FIVE Gs like they do.....

15. Collapse Details

Quote here
    163 in a Boxter eh?.....Lap after lap I could pull one up Mosport's long back straight with my 305 tpi Iroc.....try 123

16. Collapse Details

Quote here
    ahhhhhh....what Im referring to is I didnt say "big 305 motor" like I think it is a "big" motor cube wise or has "big" power or think its a "big" deal or is a "big" badazz motor......get it???.....you guys nieghbours??? haha

17. Collapse Details

and how do I know what the roll cages are like???......I happen to own one......
    Sorry I didn't realize. I bow to your obvious greater knowledge. Please forgive me for ever doubting you. I am in absolute awe over your superiority. You are definately the only person here qualified to give an opinion. How dare anyone here question it.

18. Collapse Details

I was ready to leave it alone a month and a half ago......

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    You guys need to have sanibel shell test drive your cars to see how fast they actually are, and also how loud the stereos can play, how long a burnout it will do and how flips into the mangroves it can handle......................