Thread: safety pods ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    I hope this does not sound to out there, but ,I noticed On the mystic,s how the canopy is much sleeker . it seems too draw out from front to back way more than others . would it help in a blow over to make that concept even more drawn out ? to kind of build a semi bottom on top is what I guess I,m asking to soften the ! SPLATT !

2. Collapse Details

Sean post 35 & Phragle post 37- thanks for the info!

Well thanks all for the info but that helped me understand some things!

3. Collapse Details

Phragle,

Some companies do it. This is victory design in italy (Brunello Ancampora) or flexitab.

pat W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b5.jpg   robbilboa.jpg  
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

4. Collapse Details

Here are some shots of Welmax and Maritimo's mods being done in Dubai.

pat W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well.jpg   mara.jpg   mara1.jpg  

Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

5. Collapse Details

I hope they ditch that hatch hardware, thats a joke.

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Has anyone ever done any FEA work on this, surely SP for someone could design a layup if you said I would like to drop my boat on its head at 150mph from 20 feet up?

Sort of like the chicken test I would have thought?
    Last edited by Powerabout; 02-26-2010 at 02:06 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    Has anyone ever done any FEA work on this, surely SP for someone could design a layup if you said I would like to drop my boat on its head at 150mph from 20 feet up?

Sort of like the chicken test I would have thought?
    DW deals with High Modulus out of Austalia, yes it could be done. its a matter of money and EGO. and of course you've got about 4 or so of the top boat builders saying their way is the best already. even the new crash bulkheads that are being built are basic flat panel that could be easily spec-ed out by someone like High Modulus and have testing done. from what i read and seen there's more of a concentration on weight(god forbid if they added too much weight) than strenght. but without scientific data and testing all these modifications will only get to be tested at the worst possible time - the first accident.

8. Collapse Details

Maybe this is the wrong time , but i have been approached in regards to building Saftey pods or canopies for other boats opposed to offshore . Thoughts please .

9. Collapse Details

Would it be doing what you enjoy? would there be intellectual property restraints?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    DW deals with High Modulus out of Austalia, yes it could be done. its a matter of money and EGO. and of course you've got about 4 or so of the top boat builders saying their way is the best already. even the new crash bulkheads that are being built are basic flat panel that could be easily spec-ed out by someone like High Modulus and have testing done. from what i read and seen there's more of a concentration on weight(god forbid if they added too much weight) than strenght. but without scientific data and testing all these modifications will only get to be tested at the worst possible time - the first accident.
    Its makes me smile that an equivalent sized racing yacht has more technology spent on it than a race boat and the yacht guys quite often bin the boat after each season as technolgy has moved forward so its no longer compedative.
    ( and they only do 10% of the speed and dont kill anyone?)
    Who own's 99% of the full size autoclaves....yacht builders