Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    and she'd listen??
    I listen some of the time

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I LOVE this. When Chris and I started talking about getting me a signon I told him I wanted my picture (which I now know is an Avatar) to be Hello Kitty. He said no way. Funny how things turn out.

Hey CigDaze - What do you mean by that?
    Good morning. The avatar looks good on you.

I presume you refer to this little tidbit:
    Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    Poor guy. We'll make up for it in Miami this weekend.
    Having been married for a little over 10 years now, I know full well what it's like being subjected (tortured with) such movie as the ones which you have mentioned, he will most certainly need a couple days of Tim Taylor-style grunting "more power" whilst gleaning the vast display of bad-azz boats in Miami.

3. Collapse Details

Go ahead - "ChiefApache" has my back and will get me right back on.
    You tell 'em Felicai!

I LOVE this. When Chris and I started talking about getting me a signon I told him I wanted my picture (which I now know is an Avatar) to be Hello Kitty. He said no way. Funny how things turn out.

Hey CigDaze - What do you mean by that?
    When I saw that yesterday I had to copy it and get it on here for you. Figured between Nick or Chris they would be able to help you out!
    Queen of Bammin'

4. Collapse Details

Hurt Locker tomorrow via Netflix.
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

We were having a discussion about this the other night and I kind of had a revelation, especially since there is a controversy around it now. I think the whole premise behind the movie is as an anti-war flick. It develops the characters and generally makes the soldiers look good and just, but then shows a war that is basically futile, un-winnable, dangerous, and unnecessary. This is in line with the left's now-normal anti-war rhetoric that they learned after Viet Nam. Say that you are for the troops, but against the war. It didn't dawn on me while I watched it, but when a buddy said he didn't understand any of the movie it made me think more about it.

6. Collapse Details

Good movie but not a movie like Full Metal Jacket that you could watch 10+ times.... Main character seemed to be having "A Beautiful Mind" moments towards the end!

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    We were having a discussion about this the other night and I kind of had a revelation, especially since there is a controversy around it now. I think the whole premise behind the movie is as an anti-war flick. It develops the characters and generally makes the soldiers look good and just, but then shows a war that is basically futile, un-winnable, dangerous, and unnecessary. This is in line with the left's now-normal anti-war rhetoric that they learned after Viet Nam. Say that you are for the troops, but against the war. It didn't dawn on me while I watched it, but when a buddy said he didn't understand any of the movie it made me think more about it.
    Didn't get that impression.

8. Collapse Details

Good flick. Loved the scene with the Barrett.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Good flick. Loved the scene with the Barrett.
    I suspect the dust would have killed their vision. Everytime the gun fired the dust blowback would have S U C K E D! I would have rather been the guys in the house/hut.......until the end, you know the very end......