Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Serious Offshore Blackberry & I phone Apps ???
    Any chance Serious Offshore will be adding Apps for Smartphones any time soon to this website???

For those not familar with Apps ,it is short for "applications" That are downloaded to your cell phone and steamlines and simplifies viewing this website .It also alerts you if someone were to PM you or respond to you thread or something you may have posted on another thread.

It would bring Serious Offshore to top of the food chain in performance boat websites .Just wondering cause all the cool kids are doing it ?

2. Collapse Details

Also just to see ,if this something your interested in post it here.

3. Collapse Details

My favorite Apps are potato skins and chicken wings...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

4. Collapse Details

I like the idea. I just retired a 6 yr old phone, and picked up an Iphone 2 weeks ago. Damn, it's a whole learning curve to operate this thing. But, I have to admit, anytime I'm at work and step out for a smoke, I'm also checking in here.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Cajun Seafood dip.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

6. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Blooming onion too
    ________

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Blooming onion too
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Cajun Seafood dip.
    How did I not see this coming ???

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE WIRE View Post
    How did I not see this coming ???
    Makes you wonder, doesn't it.....

I think only Chris can answer your question. There would probably have to be quite an interest in it.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    We still don't have a favicon. I'm sure an I-app is a ways down the road yet.
    ________

10. Collapse Details

Any chance Serious Offshore will be adding Apps for Smartphones any time soon to this website???

For those not familar with Apps ,it is short for "applications" That are downloaded to your cell phone and steamlines and simplifies viewing this website .It also alerts you if someone were to PM you or respond to you thread or something you may have posted on another thread.

It would bring Serious Offshore to top of the food chain in performance boat websites .Just wondering cause all the cool kids are doing it ?
    I have an Iphone and when I use the phone to go on SOS, it's just like using the computer, would an application make it different?
    Run until it sounds expensive

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    I have an Iphone and when I use the phone to go on SOS, it's just like using the computer, would an application make it different?
    Yes ... I'm not real sure how it works but it re formats the website to make it more user friendly and interactive with your cell phone. There are 1000's of applications out there alot of them are free like The Weather Channel , Local News , Facebook etc .Try down loading them ,you probally have a folder on your phone for applications .Then you'll see how they work

12. Collapse Details

Yes ... I'm not real sure how it works but it re formats the website to make it more user friendly and interactive with your cell phone. There are 1000's of applications out there alot of them are free like The Weather Channel , Local News , Facebook etc .Try down loading them ,you probally have a folder on your phone for applications .Then you'll see how they work
    Any apps you have that you really like?
    I've downloaded a few just to see what they do. The "level", weather, a chess game...

How do I delete apps off the phone? I've got a few now that are useless to me.

One thing I've found while surfing this site from the phone, I need to enlarge things to hit small buttons (such as the new posts, or 2nd page of a thread). I've also found that when I try to click on a thread, I often wind up clicking the member name that started the thread instead of the thread itself.

13. Collapse Details

Most of them are scaled down versions of large, graphically oriented websites. They basically cut out the fluff and resolution and make it easier for the phones to download the site. I use this site all the time on my Iphone and can use all the features. Since we have a fairly streamlined page load and dedicated servers the site works well without cutting anything out. Forums like this do not lend well to an app because it lines everything up in a fairly narrow line, which is difficult to read and navigate. If we can find a way to make a more user-friendly experience with an app or mobile site without losing any content we will do one up, as most people know that have been around a while, we do whatever it takes to keep this place the BEST on the net.

14. Collapse Details

Apes are hairy
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Any apps you have that you really like?
    I've downloaded a few just to see what they do. The "level", weather, a chess game...

How do I delete apps off the phone? I've got a few now that are useless to me.

One thing I've found while surfing this site from the phone, I need to enlarge things to hit small buttons (such as the new posts, or 2nd page of a thread). I've also found that when I try to click on a thread, I often wind up clicking the member name that started the thread instead of the thread itself.

You can delete Apps when you are hooked up to your computer in Itunes. You do need to enlarge and then shrink down the site to navigate, but once you get limbered up it's not bad. I found an App called Red Laser which reads the UPC of an item, tells you how much you can get it for both online and locally, pretty cool. Also look for an App called Tripod, has several features that makes the camera work better.

16. Collapse Details

Penguins have feathers
    The Penguin Cometh

17. Collapse Details

A Blackberry app would definitely be cool! The Miss Geico Iphone app is really cool, just wish there was a BB version.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    A Blackberry app would definitely be cool! The Miss Geico Iphone app is really cool, just wish there was a BB version.
    The Penguin Cometh

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    You can delete Apps when you are hooked up to your computer in Itunes. You do need to enlarge and then shrink down the site to navigate, but once you get limbered up it's not bad. I found an App called Red Laser which reads the UPC of an item, tells you how much you can get it for both online and locally, pretty cool. Also look for an App called Tripod, has several features that makes the camera work better.
    Thanks Ted.
    I'm gonna have to digest that tomorrow when I'm not sitting a few beers deep.
    Itunes has been a pain in the azz on my computer. I only signed up since I got the phone, but now it seems to want to take over my phone and computer any time I get on.

Cool apps - PANDORA is great! love getting the tunes.
    I also like the youtube app, but that came pre-loaded.

20. Collapse Details

iPhone- put your thumb on the icon of the app you want to delete. After a few seconds, all the icons will wiggle. Hit the X in the corner, confirm delete and done. While they all are wiggling, you can touch one and slide it around to rearrange its location on the screen or move it to a different page.