Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Funds Brave restore thread
    Get to work you goofy bastage
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

2. Collapse Details

Lmaorofl.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

3. Collapse Details

I spent yesterday with the boat. Cleaning up from the balancer ejection, cleaning the road dirt off, drying out the cabin.

Diagnosed the hatch: Leaked all summer because instead of fix it, the body shop guys shot white paint over a bad gasket. Bad design, no repair: still a bad hatch. It's on the list to replace.

Nav lights: We have this little thing around these parts called: green on one side and red on t'other. Had a 360 degree mooring light for a nav light stem.

Couple pumps run, couple don't.

Getting ready for the engines pull.

When they are out I will adress the bilge.

The hull is friggin unbelieveable. A gem.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

4. Collapse Details

I thought Bill did the bilge when he had the engines out. By thr by did anyone invite him?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I thought Bill did the bilge when he had the engines out. By thr by did anyone invite him?
    I can't testify in court, but I believe that they were never out since the day the balancer blew off of the one. They were in place, whacked... just as they would have been. A mess.
    Sounds like the timing chain is broken on SB and P sounds like a ball peen hammer in a dryer. Both turn with the starters.

6. Collapse Details

I have been light on inviting, trying hard to wait for the true opening. There are many nice people like Bill that I haven't talked to about the site yet, personally speaking. It's tough not to spill it, but the floodgates would probably burst.

Lots to do on the boat. Mainly engines and making it marine legal again. (Lights, horn, blower hoses, stuff like that.) I need to look at some and see where the SB and P colored running lights should be.

7. Collapse Details

go with pop up led's
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I can't testify in court, but I believe that they were never out since the day the balancer blew off of the one. They were in place, whacked... just as they would have been. A mess.
    Sounds like the timing chain is broken on SB and P sounds like a ball peen hammer in a dryer. Both turn with the starters.
    I will have to go back to his thread but I thought he had'em out when it was at the body shop. Thought I saw pics I could be wrong. ....I know what ya meen about keeping it quiet its tuff when you are excited about it.

9. Collapse Details

They have some plastic ones at West Marine that are cheap.

I need to see some apaches and some sabers to see how they address a couple of things. Including VHF mast. I could go hand held, but I am superstitious about no working VHF on a big lake. I have solved the GPS problem (I have one that I like and has the update for my part of the world....).

One sticky trim indicator "ram."

One stuck outdrive trim. Both sides... doesn't sound right.... pump check time.

It has a built in holder in a locker in the cabin for two scuba tanks. They will make great fender holders.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I will have to go back to his thread but I thought he had'em out when it was at the body shop. Thought I saw pics I could be wrong. ....I know what ya meen about keeping it quiet its tuff when you are excited about it.
    You saw pics of one of the "what might be" moments. I think. These are as he rigged them last, with his ignition system and everything in place. If he was in the position to do R and Rs himself.... he wouldn't have sold the boat. These are it. Still in place.

11. Collapse Details

I checked and verified or failed everything that you can check without having a running boat. All electric and hydraulic was in place.

12. Collapse Details

The condition of the hull and the deck is off the fricking chain.

Cabin is musty and old.

Cockpit is pretty good. Good floor. Good bolsters. Good rear seat. Good sunpad. No tears in any. A little dirty.

Needs some detail work on the helm and needs new control cables. These are kinda cheap and sticky. I think that the boat sat for a long time in Miami. I think that the engines should have been freshened up after a long florida nap. I am thinking flat out rusty stuff run after an oil change.
    Who knows what lurks in the engines, but I needed to clean that dam mess up before I did anything or let anybody get in there and slip.

13. Collapse Details

But that was just the first day I had it. It was stored at a friend's until I could get it the final leg home. That was yesterday morning. I had to work today and then it rained.

14. Collapse Details

I've said too much.

I should just pull a cover off of it one day.... one choppy beak buster of a day... and then we will know what became of it.

It will be right when it hits the water.

15. Collapse Details

I have several bow lights in the garage if your not picky, think a few of them are actually new even....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    You saw pics of one of the "what might be" moments. I think. These are as he rigged them last, with his ignition system and everything in place. If he was in the position to do R and Rs himself.... he wouldn't have sold the boat. These are it. Still in place.
    Yup I just went over THERE and looked thru it, I was wrong the drives were off not the engines out. sorry. I did ask him why he didn't pull'em and do the bilge.

17. Collapse Details

By looking at the steering knuckle on top of the drives.... it looks like the drives were put back on different sides than original. The scored side is outboard on each drive rather than inboard. The inboard side is virgin under the bolt heads.

Just one of many things that made me go hmmmmm.

This is my third rescue mission.
    First real offshore.

Save the classic offshores.

18. Collapse Details

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you.Good luck and kepp us posted.
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

19. Collapse Details

:Thats what we haven't talked about, A restoration section. To the board room!

20. Collapse Details

Fund, go to home depot and pick up a couple of dehydrater buckets. stick em in th ecabin for a week or two and let then dry her out.