Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

no worries...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    Does anyone know which side the red light goes on??
    You know I have mob friends.....no really, I do...........
    Queen of Bammin'

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Thanks inbetween. Good to know Barb. I may go that way. I remember how hard that I fought the midship forward light running at night. I'd really don't like running at night, but I want to be ready and prepared when it happens. Sending the nav light aftward may be good.
    Our Stinger had the mid-ship nav light and so did the Apache when we bought it. We run at night once or twice a season and while I don't like running at night, it is much easier to run with the nav light in the back than mid-ship on the fairing with the light blinding you.
    Queen of Bammin'

4. Collapse Details

I found a really cool 360 degree bubble light for the transom. It's a sealed LED inside of a solid cast lexan dome and the base is polished aluminum, clear anodized. Up front, you can use a popup bow light (red/green) and in the middle, I just use a stick-on sailboat 360 white for those rare occasions I'm night boating and need to be legal. Passes the CG inspection.

I have yet to use one but the powered 360 degree light (looks like a power antenna) seems interesting.

5. Collapse Details

I changed the wiring on my boat so I have control of the gauge back-lighting separate from navigational lights. I can see much better at night with the gauge lights off.

6. Collapse Details

We opted for the manual vs power only because it was one less thing to break. Not difficult at all to pull up. LIvorsi's has manual listed for $121, power $193. Here's what we have:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled1.bmp   untitled.bmp  
    Queen of Bammin'

7. Collapse Details

How far does that light pull out? My light is on a pole about 3-4' long to get high enough that I am comfortable that is is visible 360°.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BGIII View Post
    How far does that light pull out? My light is on a pole about 3-4' long to get high enough that I am comfortable that is is visible 360°.
    About the same. It's high enough and is visible all around.
    Queen of Bammin'

9. Collapse Details

So anyway.... the engines came out this week and are completely disassembled. Come to find out.... very unlikely that they were really Cobras.
    They were mismatched. One had nice pistons, rods. One had regular GM.
    Both cranks are spun. Most likely one went.... and then the other one went on the ride back in. One of them (probably the one that started the chain reaction) lost an oil pump combo screen/pickup and was probably sucking air at time of steep hull angle.

Guessing one lost oil pressure and spun the bearing.

Heads look good. We'll see.

Way too big dominator carbs have to go.
    Declined a pair of blower motors today.

Drives are off and u joints, shafts and gimbals are lovely.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

10. Collapse Details

Hey John any pics of the motors??

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WMF View Post
    Hey John any pics of the motors??
    They aren't on my camera. I will eventually get them.

Technically... they aren't motors anymore. They are used part department and recycling center.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

12. Collapse Details

very unlikely that they were really Cobras. .
    PS, I wouldn't rule that out...

That stinks about the engines, are the cranks/rods salvagable?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BGIII View Post
    BOATS UNDER 12 METERS (39.4')

Powerboats-Separate or combination red and green sidelights, 112.5°, visible 1 n.m., placed above hull at least 1 meter (3.3') below masthead light. Masthead: white, 225°, visible 2 n.m., at least 1 meter above side lights. White stern light, 135°, visible 2 n.m. OR, one all-round (360°) white light (should also have sidelights).

Sounds like you can do it either way. I have a 360° light on a rather long post on the stern rather than the type that is mounted midship like I see on a lot of boats. I understand what you mean about the glare the midship mounted lights cause, they seem like a huge distraction to the driver.
    I have a midship, it sucks! I drive back to my marina alot at night, easy trip but with the mid light I have a hard time seeing, I want to replace that here soon..
    35 Cigarette Mistress

14. Collapse Details

Fund,

I saw on the other site that the cockpit floor in your boat has the loncoin? If you have any pictures please let me know! I have carpet and want to switch over but would like to see how the edges were finished etc.

Frank

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Fund,

I saw on the other site that the cockpit floor in your boat has the loncoin? If you have any pictures please let me know! I have carpet and want to switch over but would like to see how the edges were finished etc.

Frank
    Ok. I will see what I can do. The weather may be a factor.
    Worse case... I will need to wait a couple of days. I'll see if I can get edge shots. They went up the front of the aft seat. I like that. It's a bad area for shoe marks and kicks.

One thing is... it is tough to keep clean. I think that I will go with carpet over the top. But I am glad that it is there. Creates kind of an impervious layer.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Fund,

Frank
    Pardon my Ignorance, but is the loncoin like a perelli floor? I also have the Charcoal colored carpet and would like to get rid of it or do a snap in carpet type of deal.

-Josh

17. Collapse Details

Ok. I will see what I can do. The weather may be a factor.
    Worse case... I will need to wait a couple of days. I'll see if I can get edge shots. They went up the front of the aft seat. I like that. It's a bad area for shoe marks and kicks.

One thing is... it is tough to keep clean. I think that I will go with carpet over the top. But I am glad that it is there. Creates kind of an impervious layer.
    Shoes?? You let people wear shoes on the boat..
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

18. Collapse Details

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it running around the west end of the lake next year.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
    Shoes?? You let people wear shoes on the boat..
    Yes Patrick. People up north often wear shoes. Sometimes we don't.
    On my boats... I have allowed clean non-marking soled sneakers inside the boat. Not on the deck or cushions.

Also... we wear shoes while driving, getting married, and shopping at the store. Come on up next summer and check it out.

(Teasing... just teasing.....)

20. Collapse Details

Yes Patrick. People up north often wear shoes. Sometimes we don't.
    On my boats... I have allowed clean non-marking soled sneakers inside the boat. Not on the deck or cushions.

Also... we wear shoes while driving, getting married, and shopping at the store. Come on up next summer and check it out.

(Teasing... just teasing.....)
    I think you need to come down here and experience boating without shoes I wore crocks the other day does that count as shoes I really do need to start doing some out of state boating.Getting the time to do it is the hard part
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.