Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Sure Lets talk about the unemployment being 4.5% when Pelosi and Reid took over
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    Then don't worry about the unemployment rate.
    In this case, he's correct.

The Pelosi Congress passed the increase to minimum wage in 2007, the employment started to tank. There is no better example of how those types of increases, with no protection from imports, effect employment than in American Samoa. Because their industry is limited to one, the increase is expected to make their unemployment reach 80% shortly. The same thing happens here, except you need to look at the bottom to the top. And the effect is smaller, because the industries are more diversified. It is still, most likely, one of the largest root causes of the current mess we have.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    In this case, he's correct.

The Pelosi Congress passed the increase to minimum wage in 2007, the employment started to tank. There is no better example of how those types of increases, with no protection from imports, effect employment than in American Samoa. Because their industry is limited to one, the increase is expected to make their unemployment reach 80% shortly. The same thing happens here, except you need to look at the bottom to the top. And the effect is smaller, because the industries are more diversified. It is still, most likely, one of the largest root causes of the current mess we have.

She is a burned out 60's hippie her refusal to allow drilling drove the price of Oil to @$150.00 and caused the defaults to start piling up, that is her work, her Doing, her alliances with the Enviro Kooks. The health of our economy is petroleum based, unicorns windmills and rainbows have as of yet to play a role in real energy supply!

http://newsbusters.org/node/10126

=================================
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    "unicorns windmills "

Now that is funny.
    ed

4. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Steve, my dad is suffering from the same sickness right now. It's an obsessiveness (sp) with Obama. Yeah, the guy sucks, but is it really worth all this over? You can't change anything thats going on so why waste your energy in a negative way?

5. Collapse Details

ODS = Obama Derangement Syndrome

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    ANd once again, Cheney was right......
    Too bad he didn't take his own advice.

Remind me again-- what are we doing over there, and why?

7. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Jay you are correct. I would love to know the real reason why we have been at "war" for 9 years....

And it's not because we have to fight some BS terrorism war. Thats an insult to my and most others intelligence

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    Jay you are correct. I would love to know the real reason why we have been at "war" for 9 years....

And it's not because we have to fight some BS terrorism war. Thats an insult to my and most others intelligence
    Thank You

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Too bad he didn't take his own advice.

Remind me again-- what are we doing over there, and why?
    I agree......

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

My estimate, to revenge the attempt on his father's life. But, that would make too much sense.....

11. Collapse Details

My estimate, to revenge the attempt on his father's life. But, that would make too much sense.....
    I agree with the removal of Saddam ,but the Compassionate War Bush waged was NUTS Go in kick butt Hang Saddam then Leave with the warning "Do Not Make us come back" They understand that!

I saw the Failing with the Backing down from Muqtada al-Sadr, and His Chit azz bunch, when they needed Instead sprayed like insects from a C130 Gunship.

All reason was lost right there.. In Short the war was not managed well.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    ODS = Obama Derangement Syndrome
    No It is VCA Very concerned American!

13. Collapse Details

Steve, my dad is suffering from the same sickness right now. It's an obsessiveness (sp) with Obama. Yeah, the guy sucks, but is it really worth all this over? You can't change anything thats going on so why waste your energy in a negative way?
    I think that more people will come to realize that he sucks, but the screaming and wailing of the crazy people is alienating them from the right. The right wing whackos have the same chilling effect on the movement from the left to the center as Cindy Sheehan had on people moving from right to center. Crazy people repel normal people.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    i think that more people will come to realize that he sucks, but the screaming and wailing of the crazy people is alienating them from the right. The right wing whackos have the same chilling effect on the movement from the left to the center as cindy sheehan had on people moving from right to center. Crazy people repel normal people.
    +1

15. Collapse Details

It goes a little deeper than that, but you are on track. Cheney and the neo-Cons desperately wanted to gain the presidency and control of Congress to finally orchestrate disruption in the Middle East. He'd been a proponent of unprovoked invasion since serving in Nixon's Admin. George Sr. knew to contain Cheney and Rumsfeld with their constant cries to finish the job in Iraq.

So when the 2000 election campaign was gearing up, W approached Cheney to help vet a VP candidate. Cheney, knowing he could use W's weak-mindedness to his advantage, suggested he would serve as VP.

Once 9/11 hit, which was NOT orchestrated by the CIA or government as many conspiracy theorists assert, Cheney and the neo-Cons realized this was an opportunity to paint the entire Middle East with the same extremist brush as al-Queda. Normally, a rational president wouldn't unilaterally invade a sovereign nation unprovoked and on shaky data, but with Cheney and the neo-cons feeding him a bunch of aggressive data and with W's longstanding belief that Saddam needed to suffer for his attempt on Daddy's life, W just needed to get enough data to make his case and he'd be all for it. Hence, the miraculous discovery of the "Downing Street Memo." The author of which committed suicide once he realized the US was actually going to base the legitimacy of the invasion on his BS memo.

So there you have it, a political tragedy ripped right from the subtext of the Star Wars saga.

Unfortunately, the galactic sized gambled failed primarily due to a hastily conceived post-invasion plan, Rumsfeld's utter incompetence which Cheney was worried about from day 1 and the Congressional Republicans who spent like drunken lottery winners trying to distract their constituents from the growing problem brewing with their foreign policy.

Now we have the Democrats who are well on their way to squandering a super-majority and seeing election losses in the future.

One can only hope that the American people will awaken from this Republican/Democrat power-battle and take back the country.

Independents. . .Independence. There's a reason they sound the same.

16. Collapse Details

I think that more people will come to realize that he sucks, but the screaming and wailing of the crazy people is alienating them from the right. The right wing whackos have the same chilling effect on the movement from the left to the center as Cindy Sheehan had on people moving from right to center. Crazy people repel normal people.
    Bingo!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

17. Collapse Details

Dude Jimmy Carter DEMOCRAT and his Panty Waist meddling is what caused the problems there, Review your history JUST a little.

You forget also the Emir of Kuwait came to us for help after his Country was invaded and savaged by the Iraqis again refer to Carter.

This has nothing to do with Political Parties instead Right and wrong but,

The Fact that a Madman was going to control half the worlds Oil if left unstopped. Refer to Carter;

Iraq needed to be neutralized, the reason the resistance this second goes round is $$$ The Russians were owed as the Chinese and French.

The War was not managed well then and Back home, our Traitors the Democrats/American AlQaeda with the War is lost quagmire chant was not helping.

LC I find you knowledge small now Let's assume problems go back to the Britt’s drawing lines as borders regardless of ethnic historic or natural reasonings example that handle looking thing on Jordan Guess what? it covers the pipeline LOL not mentioning a whiskey bottle thrown where it fell was a marker as well.These countries NOW will spend billions and field Armies to defend them.

I have been there and talked both to Royalty and our Diplomats in Arabia over dinner plus there is every evening what is called Dwana where they gather and talk about first the news then about everything imaginable.

When I hear Bush/ Cheney I gotcha pigeonholed Instantly with Pelosi/Reid/Ted the Drunken Murderer/Durban turban and the rest.

You Know I had a chance to go fishing with Cheney they were going to use one of our Gunboats Mr. Cheney I would have liked to talk to his business sense alone but Powell was going also so I declined which shocked the Arabs..

I never told them why but I blame him for this Mess and then the thought of having to go back!

and Mr Jimmy Carter for opening Pandora's Box of Whack Jobs and providing an entire country for them to field death and destruction from.

Again keep Democrats away from a mans job!!

18. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    I am in complete agreement on this.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

19. Collapse Details

If it was good in regular, it will be GREAT in bold.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

20. Collapse Details

Right wing! Religious Americans who follow the Constitution?