Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    Correct

And I would look under the 19th amendment
    So I think we've figured out the problem...

Both World Wars, the Depression, Bush and Obama, the current recession, the World Trade Center attack, etc. all happened after women received the right to vote?????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Great we are all here now. This will be a red letter day.
    I didn't need to ask who that was a slam against.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The guy came to power under a set of circumstances that no one else has had to figure out all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Alec, I can appreciate what you're saying. It's not easy to overcome all those obstacles to become the POTUS.
    But, he didn't do it alone, in fact, there is likely little that he did himself.
    If you read the history of his election, and the powers behind it, (Hint: Search Koolaid Boys and Kennedy), it was a manipulation by the Kennedy clan to offset what they felt was the over-importance of the Clinton clan. They approached Obama about running, he was not even planning too and tried to turn it down several times....

The endorsement by the Kennedy clan late was a calculated push from way before it happened...

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    It wasnt the cost of producing oil that cost it to go up, it was the players in the financial sector that caused all that because they are pigs.

And how does one explain how 1,000,000 people had mortgages in the USA that were illegal immigrants?? Couldnt show proof of employment and they had a bank loan ??!! Because some pig banker was allowed to give them one legally...

You also cant ever compete in this world with a country that is currently lending the USA a trillion $ that allows a 5 year old to make a dress or pair of shoes for 6.00 and sell it to you for 50.00. While they are doing that they are polluting the earth at a rate of 20 times your country.

Canada shut the lights out to play the game of conservation and playing green for a day...it amounted to saving our earth the equal amount of 3 fkn minutes of Chinas screwin up the earth.

Terrorism is supposedly a world wide problem. Where are the Chinese soldiers in the trouble zones in the east ??

its in everyones best interest to concentrate on making sure all this doesnt happen again and live somewhat differently so we can all compete again in a world that will never have a level playing field.

But...as recently as last week the banking industry had to be reminded that $ 2,000,000.00 bonuses was BS while people are losing businesses and homes because they cant get credit.
    SOme hilightes of your post. Overall one of the best overviews, not cut and pasted, I've seen in awhile....

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Black Men won the right to vote in 1870....
    There is an important distinction between having the RIGHT and being ALLOWED to vote.

If you cant walk up to a ballot box and find that you are registered or wont get the sh!t beat out of you its understandable that you wont practice your right.

Use 1964 from now on when you refer to when the black population was really given the freedom to cast a ballot after being allowed the opportunity to being somewhat informed about what the issues are.

President Johnsons party probably retains their loyalty for that having come to pass.

6. Collapse Details

Actually I was talking about 50% of the population.
    Women have only had the right since 1920.

Interesting that people thought I was thinking about the black population though.

Shows a predetermined mindset.

If someone cant identify who a comment was directed at then it obviously wasnt personal.

On the other hand asking someone to keep his " BOY" on a leash I find disturbing.
    Another lesson in American history by a Canadian? Solve you own problems before you take on ours.

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Hey No slam...cant wait.

There is a Santa Claus

We are at post #87

Go grab a pen and write down THE post #.
    I'll do the same.

We'll compare ## when it happens.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Not entirely true Alec. But shortly after they elected record numbers of Black representatives in the late 1800's, which are still records, many states passed laws, (literacy, etc.), which effectively eliminated any real opportunity for them to vote until the 1964/1965 changes under Johnson.

One of the more interesting things reading that stretch, Kennedy probably could not have had the changes made because he did not have near the political clout and favors owed him that Johnson did.

"First, they had to win the civil war. After that, the 15th amendment was passed guaranteeing the right to vote to persons regardless of race.

As a matter of fact, right after the civil war, blacks were able to vote in such large numbers that they elected what is still a record of black representatives at the federal, state and local levels."

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    SSSHHHH!!!!T

Just read back. Damn

I guessed #91

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Another lesson in American history by a Canadian? Solve you own problems before you take on ours.
    Does this mean we can never talk about France, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, China, etc., etc., again???????

Come on Joe, if you don't think an outside citizen looking in with no US media brain-wash is a good thing, you should reconsider.....

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    I dont have any to solve that dont stem from down there so I thought I'd give you guys a hand.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Don't go ruin this thread for me guys. I haven't participated in a while because of time constraints. This is actually a pretty decent one.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I dont have any to solve that dont stem from down there so I thought I'd give you guys a hand.
    Dang, now we've completely screwed up Canada too......

Does that count Quebec?????

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Not entirely true Alec. But shortly after they elected record numbers of Black representatives in the late 1800's, which are still records, many states passed laws, (literacy, etc.), which effectively eliminated any real opportunity for them to vote until the 1964/1965 changes under Johnson.

One of the more interesting things reading that stretch, Kennedy probably could not have had the changes made because he did not have near the political clout and favors owed him that Johnson did.

"First, they had to win the civil war. After that, the 15th amendment was passed guaranteeing the right to vote to persons regardless of race.

As a matter of fact, right after the civil war, blacks were able to vote in such large numbers that they elected what is still a record of black representatives at the federal, state and local levels."
    No cutting and pasting allowed pal.

I understand the dates involved. But having the right to vote is only part of it.

If you cant congregate or communicate without fear of reprisal and spread the word openly, having the RIGHT is like having a 1 inch penis.

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

I understand the dates involved. But having the right to vote is only part of it.

If you cant congregate or communicate without fear of reprisal and spread the word openly, having the RIGHT is like having a 1 inch penis.
    Not saying you're incorrect except that for a short time after the civil war there were record numbers of blacks elected all over this country by blacks who had the right to vote. Then the azzhats changed state laws to make it so they effectively lost that right for almost 100 years.

And my cut and paste was very short with personal insight and explanation to woo the world to my point of view.....

16. Collapse Details

having the RIGHT is like having a 1 inch penis.
    There ya go, bring'n up Bobcat again!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    There ya go, bring'n up Bobcat again!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

How about this black guy for president! For that matter he could be green, blue, orange or whatever. Where the hell are these leaders! What a breath of fresh air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Me neither.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Now, I would like to get back on track on this thread. Just what are the qualifications one should have to be POTUS? (I don't think Sarah or Barack are qualified by the way).