Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Unless you make SVL a Vintage Racing class, there is nothing that can be done to keep any new hull out because of all the unapproved modifications done to the past fleet. Sounds to me new rules need to be written ASAP and enforced or because of the success of the class it will be destroyed by Fountains, Outerlimits, Buzzi and Ocke's. However, if SVL does go to P1 hp/lbs rules it will be over anyway because the hull should not be a factor.
    You are 100% correct. The only option and it will never make anyone happy is to make the new technology weigh more. If you look at P class you will see some great boats mainly Fountains and Skaters that were made uncompetitive by technology arriving very quickly and unchecked.

If SVL wants to stay somewhat affordable and have a big fleet compromises must be made ASAP.
    Steve

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    That's a single step boat.
    Steve
    no its not, sorry...if u look close right where that little drain is on the side is the other step !!!
    its a 33 !
    I know its hard to see on this picture !

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Dean...I agree....thats were this is getting confusing to me...
    I hear it will be a power to weight ratio class 30 feet and under a lid...
    with no hull modifacations...but boats already have been make modifications...
    then I hear it will be 525 and Vortec..
    To me...the question is...
    Is this going to be a power to weight ratio class..or a spec class with the choise of the 525 or Vortec...no mods to the hull....
    The idea is if you have a 525 or vortec it keeps the boat SVL legal, and still able to run P1 competitively.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    The idea is if you have a 525 or vortec it keeps the boat SVL legal, and still able to run P1 competitively.
    I’m a little confused by this.

Are the plans to be able to run the current SVL Spec boats as is in a SVL class next year and a separate P1 Class as well? I thought the plan was to run the boats under the P1 banner using the HP/Weight ratio and not have a Spec engine class.

This would change what guys would want to build (why build a different engine combination if you can then only run half the races) or if guys would want to build at all (Personally not a fan of 1 source engines, I don’t mind Spec rules as long as I can build an engine myself to those Specs)…

5. Collapse Details

Unless you make SVL a Vintage Racing class, there is nothing that can be done to keep any new hull out because of all the unapproved modifications done to the past fleet. Sounds to me new rules need to be written ASAP and enforced or because of the success of the class it will be destroyed by Fountains, Outerlimits, Buzzi and Ocke's. However, if SVL does go to P1 hp/lbs rules it will be over anyway because the hull should not be a factor.
    It is all about the hull why would you think it is not? I fear length more than steps. At 95mph there is not much boat in the water on a 30 footer, and you can't race at 95 in the ocean in a 30 at this hp level. I see a 32s coming out as a potato chip for the flats, and able to span waves much better than a 30. That would also make the current Fountain at a disadvantage also. What killed SV just guessing, growing lengths, staggarers, the #6, than cutdown paperweight boats. I think that is what is being tried to controlled.

6. Collapse Details

It is all about the hull why would you think it is not? I fear length more than steps. At 95mph there is not much boat in the water on a 30 footer, and you can't race at 95 in the ocean in a 30 at this hp level. I see a 32s coming out as a potato chip for the flats, and able to span waves much better than a 30. That would also make the current Fountain at a disadvantage also. What killed SV just guessing, growing lengths, staggarers, the #6, than cutdown paperweight boats. I think that is what is being tried to controlled.
    Yep!
    Steve

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    no its not, sorry...if u look close right where that little drain is on the side is the other step !!!
    its a 33 !
    I know its hard to see on this picture !
    Maybe? Take a shot with 1:1 ratio or just measure it. The boat is chopped and I really doubt it is an 8'6" beam
    Steve

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Here is a nice side shot of a 2009 33...maybe u are right and the other pic is only a single stepp...confuising on these pics.
    But u can see,,its not that high on this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33 fountain 2009.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Dean...I agree....thats were this is getting confusing to me...
    I hear it will be a power to weight ratio class 30 feet and under a lid...
    with no hull modifacations...but boats already have been make modifications...
    then I hear it will be 525 and Vortec..
    To me...the question is...
    Is this going to be a power to weight ratio class..or a spec class with the choise of the 525 or Vortec...no mods to the hull....
    IMO, the class should be based on the same original 2000 formula that has kept it alive except that the hull length should be reduced to 30' and new multi-step boats should weigh 5000lbs. If the teams want the class to grow in numbers while maintaining competitive balance between new and old and thus the value of the older boats too, do these things as well:

1. Adopt by majority vote of current SVL teams, the 2003 APBA LLC rules NOW, with the min. weight and max length changes above.

2. Lock the rules in for a minimum of three years.

3. Stay away from power to weight ratio. Without a fail safe tech system it will not work. Why mimic P1 Europe? It got out of control and died in just a couple of years, while the LLC SVL model is still relatively intact and indeed is the impetus for all the good stuff happening now.

4. Secure short written letters from Smitty and JC acknowledging they will allow your class to run their events under your rules.

5. Have fun.

If you do these things you stand a pretty good chance of atttracting new boats and some new sponsors.

Do it this weekend in Sunny Isle and move on.

10. Collapse Details

This is what is confusing to me as well,..again ..i know u all think i am stupid, but i was intressted in this SVL thing from the get go...now after all this BS with in the 1st 2 races..i think its not going to last even 2 years..i said to Will S....like every other class in this sport all over the world i give it 3 years max...but since the racers and everybody else involved in it don't even really know what they have , do , or want to get..its just worth nothing.
    P1 offered u guys money and some call him names ...do u really think this will go anywhere ???
    Its going to be the same thing then it was..10 boats sitting somewhere on a trailer and some race in P class.
    Safe your money people !!!!
    Its domed already !!!!
    To many conflicts and to many chiefs..but no indians !!!

Very sad..but this is my point of fiew.
    I will just say it nice once. The best thing you can do is stay out of the middle. The things you post are not helping anyone in, or anyone looking to enter that class.

Sorry.

Mark

11. Collapse Details

Those are very valid concerns and you are right about SV, mostly it was the #6 and it's reliabilty, prop selection and gear ratios. I believe the hull will be a moot point if you adopt the P-1 rules, because now the focus is on HP/Lbs and you will need to allow any and all modifications to the hull to compete with an older boat. How are you going to keep out technolgy like a Buzzi? It will be a free for all. Maintaining a 30' max length and Bravo style drive would be very smart of the current SVL fleet. You would also be well served to have a minimum wetted beam.

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Those are very valid concerns and you are right about SV, mostly it was the #6 and it's reliabilty, prop selection and gear ratios. I believe the hull will be a moot point if you adopt the P-1 rules, because now the focus is on HP/Lbs and you will need to allow any and all modifications to the hull to compete with an older boat. How are you going to keep out technolgy like a Buzzi? It will be a free for all. Maintaining a 30' max length and Bravo style drive would be very smart of the current SVL fleet. You would also be well served to have a minimum wetted beam.
    I would add..NO WINGS..like a bat boat !
    Other then that i for once agree with Dean...

13. Collapse Details

That's why I said min WETTED beam. No Bats, No Buzzi's

14. Collapse Details

Here is a nice side shot of a 2009 33...maybe u are right and the other pic is only a single stepp...confuising on these pics.
    But u can see,,its not that high on this picture.
    The boat is chopped you need to look no further than the beak (or lack of). This is not rocket science.
    If the beam is less then 8"6" maybe 8'4" because of chopping it is also channeled.
    Steve

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    I will just say it nice once. The best thing you can do is stay out of the middle. The things you post are not helping anyone in, or anyone looking to enter that class.

Sorry.

Mark
    Well, in all respect..i deleted mine according to your wish and u leave the quote up..lol

Your funny...

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    The boat is chopped you need to look no further than the beak (or lack of). This is not rocket science.
    If the beam is less then 8"6" maybe 8'4" because of chopping it is also channeled.
    Steve
    I am not saying its not...but maybe only in the front part..and no need to channel if u chopp !!

Also ,,where does it say in the rules u cant chopp...( oh ,,,which rules ) ???

Anyhow..lets messure it in SIB !!!!

17. Collapse Details

Competitor
    lets messure it in SIB !!!!
    When it comes to looking for bail money......please remove any SBI stickers on your clothing or your truck.

18. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Question
    I am not saying its not...but maybe only in the front part..and no need to channel if u chopp !!

Also ,,where does it say in the rules u cant chopp...( oh ,,,which rules ) ???

Anyhow..lets messure it in SIB !!!!
    +++++++++
    Do you really think that this guy is going to let you measure and spec his boat? I doubt he will be so generous to let you place your paws around his machine.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver & Driver View Post
    +++++++++
    Do you really think that this guy is going to let you measure and spec his boat? I doubt he will be so generous to let you place your paws around his machine.
    LOL. i bet u if i ask doc or Brian..he will say ..please Scott don't scratch it !!

Other then that i don't think he will say no !

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat D View Post
    When it comes to looking for bail money......please remove any SBI stickers on your clothing or your truck.
    Pat...( MOM ),,i thought u bail me out..lol