Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    Having been involved with many forms of motorsports for decades around the world I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this. The inmates should NEVER be allowed to run the asylum

There should be a tech board with input from sponsors, vendors, manufactures, racers, etc. but not just an open free for all. It’s hard to look at the big picture when it affects your personal check book or ego sometimes. As an example if you had 15 members in the class, and a rules change would cost EVERYONE some money in which case you might lose 3 boats immediately, and 2 more eventually but would get 5 immediately to replace those and have the potential to double the fleet within a season you’d have to make that choice. Also in every form of motorsports where the racers RUN the program it always winds up with the guys spending the most money having the biggest advantages (now these guys don’t always win due to talent but that’s another story)…
    I’m not saying that the teams shouldn’t be involved with the process but you need to have others invested in it as well and you need someone with the authority to overrule, or at least be a tie breaker. There are many guys here that would have the knowledge to be such a person.
    Ahhh, but the current group of owners who have made the class grow over the past couple years are the ones who should make those choices, vote on them, and have a charter that allows change based on a unanimous vote in some types of changes and simple majority in others.

You may have a board of directors to oversee and make suggestions or something. But I see no advantage to giving overall authority to someone else who has nothing to lose.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Doc
    On the money thing I was not suggesting you were trying to buy someone off.
    What I was getting at is:
    OSS has never been able to support itself. Many racers have kicked in, some pretty heavy.

The list of pontential benifactors to maintain life support is very short for OSS.

You could easily be somone they look to for $upport.
    Steve
    Steve, are you running in Sunny Isles???

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    All good points. That's why the class has prospered to this point, it's just not in approved written form yet, so openings exist. Fix that....

But why can't everyone figure out these are the types of input all of us should be striving to give instead of some of the BS I saw here recently????
    That is what we were/are trying to do.
    The rulebook in OSS has changed in recent years. This is an Easy fix if everyone works together. If it is not fixed it is like building a house on shakey foundation it will never last.
    Steve

4. Collapse Details

All good points. That's why the class has prospered to this point, it's just not in approved written form yet, so openings exist. Fix that....

But why can't everyone figure out these are the types of input all of us should be striving to give instead of some of the BS I saw here recently????
    Because, as a wise man once told me, "the majority of the world is comprised of folks with dim pilot lights".
    Last edited by Ratickle; 06-08-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: A little tired of this personal stuff.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    That is what we were/are trying to do.
    The rulebook in OSS has changed in recent years. This is an Easy fix if everyone works together. If it is not fixed it is like building a house on shakey foundation it will never last.
    Steve
    Some are Steve, not all.....

You guys have the experience and knowledge to help. Do it...

I sit here looking at a couple of years of hard work and growth maybe going to ratschit in a couple of weeks because of a couple boat modifications or a new hull ot two entering?????

Come on, all of you should help it get fixed in a hurry and forget about it until next year or the off season.....

I've had a few with most of these guys, the unexpected came up, they'll deal with it. But I bet the appreciate positive assistance.

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    WELL HERE IT IS,FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ,IT IS THE (EXTENSIVE BOTTOM WORK,,TO QUOTE,, DOC JENSSEN) IT TOOK ALL OF 2 MINUTES TO PULL OFF,,IT COULD HAVE CAME OFF AT BILOXI ON FRI,,OR SAT,,OR EVEN SUN MORNING,,I OFFERED TO REMOVE IT 3 TIMES ,, IT TOOK 2 MIN,,14 SCREWS...SO NOW HERE WE ARE #10 IS NOW WHOLE AGAIN,,RANDY NOW OSS CAN SAVE THEIR 12 BUCKS FOR THE CERTIFIED LETTER.
    I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION ,,NOW Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shark.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	63058ARE YOU GOING TO HIDE???
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Im sure they will work something out....but when will we learn....

You might as well ...Grandfather everything in and go at it the rest of the year and have fun...
    You cant leave these boat on the trailers...

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    WELL HERE IT IS,FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ,IT IS THE EXTENSIVE BOTTOM WORK,,
    Lawn Mower Blades?????

Exactly what is the theory behind the design?

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Im sure they will work something out.......

.......You cant leave these boat on the trailers...

10. Collapse Details

THEY SAID IF I PUT IT ON ,,I COULD BEAT A FOUNTAIN ,,,AND IT WORKED

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    THEY SAID IF I PUT IT ON ,,I COULD BEAT A FOUNTAIN

Heck of a theory......

12. Collapse Details

WELL HERE IT IS,FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ,IT IS THE (EXTENSIVE BOTTOM WORK,,TO QUOTE,, DOC JENSSEN) IT TOOK ALL OF 2 MINUTES TO PULL OFF,,IT COULD HAVE CAME OFF AT BILOXI ON FRI,,OR SAT,,OR EVEN SUN MORNING,,I OFFERED TO REMOVE IT 3 TIMES ,, IT TOOK 2 MIN,,14 SCREWS...SO NOW HERE WE ARE #10 IS NOW WHOLE AGAIN,,RANDY NOW OSS CAN SAVE THEIR 12 BUCKS FOR THE CERTIFIED LETTER.

That looks like Farm equipment.
    You Hillbilly!
    Steve

13. Collapse Details

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

14. Collapse Details

I was wondering if they would mind if i carried it in the cabin,,i,m sure it will work just as well....GAMES ON,,,,

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I was wondering if they would mind if i carried it in the cabin,,i,m sure it will work just as well....GAMES ON,,,,
    Hopefully not in the plane cabin when you're flying to a race.......

16. Collapse Details

Ahhh, but the current group of owners who have made the class grow over the past couple years are the ones who should make those choices, vote on them, and have a charter that allows change based on a unanimous vote in some types of changes and simple majority in others.

You may have a board of directors to oversee and make suggestions or something. But I see no advantage to giving overall authority to someone else who has nothing to lose.
    While I agree that the current group of owners should be rewarded for their efforts I still do not think having racers vote on everything is the proper way to go. I have never seen it work in ANY form of motorsports from Trans-Am to Swamp Buggies, from Drag Racing to Sailing and so on. A perfect example is Drag Racing’s PRO organization of Professional drivers… NHRA had a race a few months back in Charlotte where they raced 4 cars on the track at one time. The purists, and the overwhelming majority of drivers didn’t like it, but Bruton Smith (track owner) and TV did… The drivers voted something like 64 to 3 that if the race was held again they wouldn’t come back… Guess what it’s on the schedule for 2011, and they’ll be back because it makes financial sense.

And while I love SVL (other than the engine rule, but that’s another story) and it’s probably the most active class in offshore racing right now to say that it’s grown in the past years is kind of naive isn’t it? Look at the boat counts from this past decade in SVL vs. what they were in A… We’re not where we could or should be.

I wouldn't say give it to someone with nothing to lose, pick someone like Linder who's reputation is more than enough to keep him trying to grow the class, and the sport.

17. Collapse Details

HEY,,HEY,,,I GOT AN IDEA ,,I WILL CUT IT UP INTO 10 PIECES AND GIVE A PIECE TO EVERYONE (WE,LL GIVE RANDY THE BIGGEST ONE) ,, IS THIS JUST THE LAUGHING STOCK OF OFFSHORE,,IT,S PITIFUL,,

18. Collapse Details

If you cut it into 6 pieces you could make a sweet Fountain necklace for the ladies!
    Steve

19. Collapse Details

Registered

Toss it to the bottom of the race course, at the next event, I will dive for it,, and sell it to someone that has a personality and does not not care.
    funny....
    what is on the bottom is mine

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I'm not comparing it to A. I'm saying over the past few years, 4 or 5, it has attracted the largest group of new boaters to any spec class.

Am I wrong???