Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    There are a lot of great teams in SVL, and I still believe any given day any team can win. I'm sure the rest of the SVL feel the same way. Its time to step their game up .

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I would love to see the same race again with Wild Card,Wild Ride,Typhoon,Progressive and Extreem. Some of the best 30' racers I know of. We all miss our setups and if Steve did it again he might try something differant,maybe not. Im more impressed they ran that hard and didnt break. Its like real estate location,location,location. Well boat racing is crew,crew,crew. I welcome the challange and am totaly OK with not winning if I am beat by a better legal team. As most teams will most likely tell you if you poll them. Come on OL,Donzi,Skater,Formula,Joker,Activator,Cigarett, and othe manufactures that say they have what it takes. What I remember about the F1 days were that manufactures that didnt win races were affraid to put there product on the course. As a test bed for manufactures to truley compair there product againt others there is no better place then a race course with equal power. If Im a betting guy Fountain will sell more boats beacause of there wins in VL than any other builder.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Frank, with all due respect. I dont think the VL class can step up there game with what we all have. We all run hard every race and most cant afford to step up there game. That's what makes our class so good. Most dont have the big ego issues that people talk about in offshore racing. We just like racing who ever is next to us. Winning is good but racing is better!
    MD
    Last edited by TYPHOON; 06-14-2010 at 10:41 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Diver & Driver View Post
    How fast was the SVL running in that SI rough water race?
    Top speeds? 75+

I think the Cat Lite had an average lap speed around 85

When is the next stop for the SVL tour?
    Sarasota SBI event?
    I find it very hard to believe that a 30' VL was running within 10mph of AMSOIL.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Got to love little boats and guys withg big B@lls. This class is very similar to when we ran F1 in open boats . U think these guys are crazy try going into turn one at 85 with 14 other boats and not one of them are lifting. I'm sure Gino and Randy remember those days well.

Frank
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 06-14-2010 at 09:40 PM.

6. Collapse Details

There was no better feeling!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    R . S. No one said for you to quit ! .
    So get back out there already .
    Other than "team # 51 extreme " all svls have had some alteration .
    So youre good . Get back in the game if you think you can win . If not ...Its understandable .

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    R . S. No one said for you to quit ! .
    So get back out there already .
    Other than "team # 51 extreme " all svls have had some alteration .
    So youre good . Get back in the game if you think you can win . If not ...Its understandable .

They need u dog !!!!!!!!!!

Ps,,,bussle and Y pipe is on one of the SVL's ,,,so how bad can it be ..lol

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    But the one thing you keep forgetting....there are 2 people in a race boat...
    While Brian has a lot of seat time..I don't think Doc has the same amount of seat time that Gary and Steve have in a SVL....also that is a new boat...it dose not respond like the 42 SV or the Fountain fishing boats...and Doc dose not have the seat time together with Brian that Gary and Steve have together...
    For a new boat...it is very fast...and handles the ruff like no one thought it would in SVL....we all have seen it posted...yes the Fountain is fast in the calm but it will even out in the ruff....
    If Doc and Brain run together for the rest of the year and keep testing together think how much better they will run together in Oct and Nov then in SI....they will only get faster...
    Great job guys..

3 races for Fountain..
    3rd place in calm water (1st race for the Fountain)
    1st place in calm water
    1st place in 3 to 4's
    in a brand new design...it will only get faster for Doc's Team...hats off guys,

The older SVL's have been making changes since 2004 in testing and making there boats faster..what else will these boats be able to do to stay within the rules and still get faster...and how much money has been spent over the last 7 years to make them faster..and how much more will it cost to make them even faster to stay compeditive...
    Well Gino, 1 big reason they can run that boat in big water is the seats...!?
    I also don't think it would be a problem to convert a cockpit in a Phantom to get those seats ?!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I met with Doc, Brian, Lance, Shelley, Doug {their crew chief} and others over dinner.. I am so proud to be part of the SVL fleet.

I cannot speak for the others but, Sarasota is not on our list of events. I do expect St Clair to have a strong SVL showing.

+++++++++++++++

Jim
    It was nice for Martin S. to generously host, Lance, Brian, yourself and I for a dinner, ( @ Mortons) after the awards last night. It gave us an opportunity to have a few laughs, network, share ideas, and discuss the marketing of SVL as a class.

I am sure that many of the other racers, that made the sacrifce for the long journey are just getting back to the home. Spent a long day in the OR today, the summer trauma season is here

"Doc"
    Denver

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Hey Doc, nice meeting u ..hope to see u again soon and congrats again on the WIN !!!!!!!!

Scott

12. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=MANITIE;504946]But the one thing you keep forgetting....there are 2 people in a race boat...
    While Brian has a lot of seat time..I don't think Doc has the same amount of seat time that Gary and Steve have in a SVL....also that is a new boat...it dose not respond like the 42 SV or the Fountain fishing boats...and Doc dose not have the seat time together with Brian that Gary and Steve have together...

+++++++++++++++++

Indeed Brain daily evaluates boats, and performs the testing of all boats coming out of the factory, (or those for re-powering). Between his wisdom and Reggie's knowledge they compliment each other in R & D for V bottom boats

I have been forturnate to team up with Brain for the past 3-4 years, in testing and competing in events. IMO, running a 42( or 47) with 2,000 -2,500 hp requires a "different" level of concentration than the SVL '

I congrat all the staff from OPA for putting on the SIB event this weekend of safe racing,

" Doc"

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    [::
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 06-15-2010 at 01:41 AM.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Hey Doc, nice meeting u ..hope to see u again soon and congrats again on the WIN !!!!!!!!

Scott

Thanks, It was great chatting with you in SIB
    It was simply a day with the right water conditions correct set up , team and surplus of adrenaline
    Back to the real world for a couple weeks, then to LOTO for a few weeks of testing the boats,,,

Cheers

15. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    The marketing ? George ! ? George ?? OH George are you still in charge (c lass rep ) ?

That is what causes polarization,,, in a group
    taking comments out of context, and stirring up the pot,,,,,,

A few racers that finished the race, and stayed throught the awards ceramony, then did some networking and marketing,,,,
    and you automatically assumes there is a conspiracy against someone??

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    I asked a few SVL racers if there were coming to Sarasota, and got a dismal response,,, Is that because the SBI charges a annual hull entry fee that starts the year before in Key West?, ( in addition to a registrations fee)?

Sure would be nice to see this fleet of boats there,, the community supports it each year.........
    Summer is here... the oil is also

17. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Congrats to Doc and Brian And their team ,They earned it , The boat ran awesome and flat and fast,,,we,ll try again in St Clair,,for those who ?? I couldn,t stay around after, as my wife had 21 patients to see monday ,and for stupid is as stupid does ,,,everyone in the pits (real racers) knew the y pipe was a joke , (except you) it wasn,t on the boat when we ran it,!!as for the bussell you keep eluding to IT,S LEGAL!!! WE had a great time ,,mdkeywest,, your right every svl currently racing is legal, were all going thru a transition year with new equipment coming in ,, the class as a whole will have to decide on how to bring the old technology up to the new ,,,I talked to Reggie Fountain on saturday and he is willing to help.. I also meet Doug Hood ( a custom boat builder) and he is very close to building his version of the new SVL ,so he will be another builder to offer a new piece of equipment to the class,,,their are a couple more builders who have contacted the class with inquiries to,,,Randy is right when the factory builders get back into the sport we will have a product that we can market ,,so I think were on the right path,, The class did a great job in SIB (EXCEPT ME ,MY OLD BODY COULDN,T TAKE IT) and i expect great racing the rest of the year,,,hope to see all come out and support your favorite team,,,,,stop by and ask them if they need any help ,,i,m sure some will put to work,,,Thanks to all GEORGE JR,,S.V.L.O.R.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    I heard there are 3 or 4 of the SVL going to the August Lake of the Ozarks Shootout this year. ( Boat Floater, Octane, Watch Your Back, and a couple more )
    That would fun to see these SVL go after the set up for competing in this high publicized event. They advertise over 80,000 spectators at the LOTO shootout!

The Poker Run the day before the Shootout is a big event, and a boat parade over the dam this year,,,,,
    Going to try to go and look at some floating hardware at LOTO this year.

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Our SVL series schedule was agreed on in or about March. Everyone is free to go where they wish. The series contenders are doing a 6 race series. Adding races and or changing dates month by month is not something every team can do. Ours included.

The remaining "Series" races are:

St Clair
    Patchouge
    Atlantic City
    Orange beach.

Some teams rallied last season at the last minute to race Sarasota. We raced and enjoyed it..

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
    I heard there are 3 or 4 of the SVL going to the August Lake of the Ozarks Shootout this year. ( Boat Floater, Octane, Watch Your Back, and a couple more )
    That would fun to see these SVL go after the set up for competing in this high publicized event. They advertise over 80,000 spectators at the LOTO shootout!

The Poker Run the day before the Shootout is a big event, and a boat parade over the dam this year,,,,,
    Going to try to go and look at some floating hardware at LOTO this year.
    That is their local event.. It makes sense and is easy for them to support it.