Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    I agree

2. Collapse Details

well said jim, again im new to the offshore racing scene, been a fan for years but have been drag racing jetboats for the last ten years. ive always had offshore boats but only run at loto for pleasure. this fall purely by accident i got to race in my first real race at the oss race at loto. a good friend of mine bought a 42 fountain poker run, it got delivered thursday to nauti marine for a few maintenance items, friday morning we got in the boat for the first time ever for both of us and set out on the poker run before the races. while on the poker run we met up with doc jansen who owns saratoga stampede. ran with them all day, by the third stop their crew had convinced us to run in the p-3 class in our boat, between 3 or four diffrent teams they dug up vest,helmets,etc to get us on the track. i couldnt belive how helpful and supportive everyone was. on the day of the races we had vest that wouldnt work, out of nowhere someone heard we werent going to get to race, they took off and came back with two lifelines from mark and jenni dunbar who didnt know us from adam but were nice enough to help us out. long story short we went out and raced, and actually won the p-3 race,, and had a blast!!...
    the next day went over to the wet pits to thank mark and jenni, with my wife who likes racing as well. jenni started talking to my wife and got her to get inside their boat, mark really made her feel welcome, and talked up the svl class to the point my wife walked away saying, i think id like to do that..
    well, its 4 months later, ive been welcomed into the svl class with open arms, been on all the class confrence calls, have had the pleasure of meeting half the racers in the class in person or by phone, and found nothing but words of encouragement and endless help in finding a boat. i think this class is a great example of what racing should be like in all classes. anytime you can get 12-13 type a personalities together and all work together to race together and move a class forward i think its great. i cant speak for any other groups out there but what i can tell you for sure is the svl group cares about the sport of offshore racing, with no ties or bias to any one organization, and truely wants to move forward as a class. i think theres a lot to be learned form this great group of folks....

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    So your Number would be V1 104.

I think a number has no place in the name. The other V classes are SV, SVU, SVE.

The Letter V stands well enough. Clear and is not confused with any other.

4. Collapse Details

Welcome to the site Lance.

See you at the races.

Best Wishes,

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    So your Number would be V1 104.

I think a number has no place in the name. The other V classes are SV, SVU, SVE.

The Letter V stands well enough. Clear and is not confused with any other.
    No just V104 Were ahead of the game.

6. Collapse Details

Thanks Lance

Well that is just about how we got started to. I also think that the same thing would happen at any race site.

SVL dinner is going to huge this year. I feel sorry for George, it is his turn to pay.
    Last edited by Dunbar 104; 02-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.

7. Collapse Details

thanks jim, cant wait to see you in the rear view mirror!! hahaha hope you guys dont mind a little rookie smack talk!! have a feelin with myself bein a newbie to offshore racing and a brand new to boat racing throttle woman, im probably not gonna see much action in my rearview mirror this season.... but still cant wait... is it may yet??

8. Collapse Details

In the spirit of the existing P1 names being "Evolution" and "SuperSport",my suggestion would be "RallySport" to continue the trend. My logic is the old muscle cars of the late 60's and 70's, we all know SS and RS and they went together in the past, but were different options. No offense against "V" but I have a V, I mean most of our sport has V's, its not really that unique and whether RallySport works for you or not, it is unique and everyone would know that being tagged for your class just as when you think SVL, I know exactly what you are talking about. V is just too generic for my taste, but as we have seen in offshore, if you have 100 different boats, there always ends up with 100 different tastes
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    hope you guys dont mind a little rookie smack talk!! have a feelin with myself bein a newbie to offshore racing and a brand new to boat racing throttle woman, im probably not gonna see much action in my rearview mirror this season.... but still cant wait... is it may yet??
    Its all good. Welcome to the class. I am a newie to the class too. Last year was my first full season with George. You are going to have a blast. Jenni won after only one race. You never can tell.

10. Collapse Details

Trent good points.

The name doesn't change anything for me.

Mark building a posse?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    Or if the top class is "Evolution", maybe you guys would be the "Revolution".
    Its sinking in.. It is fitting...

12. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    thanks jim, cant wait to see you in the rear view mirror!! hahaha hope you guys dont mind a little rookie smack talk!! have a feelin with myself bein a newbie to offshore racing and a brand new to boat racing throttle woman, im probably not gonna see much action in my rearview mirror this season.... but still cant wait... is it may yet??
    WELCOME Lance and Shelli,,first thing,we,, the class,, are not even going to fall for the WERE NEWBEES deal,, AGAIN,,,we fell for it once before and got our azzes handed to us (Jenni & Mark) soooo no dice! however we are looking foward to running side by side with ya...And please don,t tell anyone,,,The other new team,,HAS ALREADY BEEN A CHAMPION,,,!! So when you win this year ,,you worked for it,,,The class is looking towards the future with great expectations,,,WILL SMITH has waxed up the molds for anyone who might get in a hurry for a new PHANTOM....I also heard that their were some rummbles about the WAY-2-CRAZY PHANTOM ???? also the Lavey Craft is still available,,,PLEASE if someone could reach out to the Activator Team and let them know ,,it would be an honor to have them race with us again,,and if they need anything we will try to help,,,also the IN-MOTION RACE BOAT only needs a 525 installed and that team could come out and showcase their skills with us .. IF these last few boats were readied for this season ,,the SVL class could campaine with about 15 registered race boats.WILD RIDE,,WILD CARD,,,hell , what a site,,,Things are going great we have some great things looking our way ??? I,ll get back to you all later when I get some more ironed out..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Jimmy,
    It's sort of like a bunch of names from various "Journey" albums!
    so lets go with "Departure" for once it is good to see direction and teams excited about it! SVL is a class the average person can get into.

as for the Dinner's, I hope to make a couple this year.
    you need anything let me know!

Pete
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Lance and Shelly, Its great to have you 2 with us. I used to be the king of smack talk until I got whipped by a chick. Its amazing how humbling it is after that first loss to them. Now that its the norm I don't say much any more. I'll try it once with you 2. I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR A$$!!!!!! Now I'll see how that works out this year. I'm hoping for better results
    MD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orange beach07 J.russel 002 (Medium).jpg  
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

15. Collapse Details

ok come get some of this! We love to fly!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orange beach07 J.russel 024 (Medium).jpg  

16. Collapse Details

ok

17. Collapse Details

Do you like close racing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC0899 (Small).JPG  

18. Collapse Details

Lucky for George I gave him room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC0915 (Small).JPG  

19. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\My Pictures\wall pic

daadum,,,dadumm,,,dadummm,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

20. Collapse Details

No better way than trial by fire at Biloxi. Not having clue about boat racing. Thinking these guys never lift, and neither are we. Nice mile straight to build some speed than a slight left out in the ocean. Launching off a 3 footer at 87mph for the first time thinking it was a 10. A couple miles in the rough to get back to the bay and a little recovery. Thinking you railing a corner, to look out the window, with Wild Ride on direct inside get out of the way crash course, to side of our new boat. Our first race was one thing I will never forget. Man that was fun.