Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsation96 View Post
    Kevin, are they using your current whipple? Or are they going with a new set up?
    I would love to go up to the 3.3 but due to the cost and that I'm shooting for a fairly tame ,bullet proof & pump gas motor it wasnt really warranted .

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2scoops View Post
    You are going to be happy with the power increase. My friends motor is the one you used as a reference photo in your first post. He did the aluminum head upgrade as well, also added a -2" lower. First run was yesterday. It tacked on a solid 30 Mph on the GPS. I would say it actually added about 40 mph because his previous best was not even close to obtainable every time out. As with any new install, He still has prop testing and tuning to do so i am sure more is available. Enjoy the new power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVF4...layer_embedded

Thanks for sharing the video , I spoke to your buddy on the phone a few weeks back. He is really getting some impressive numbers with his set up and running well into the century mark. I'm looking at about a 50-75HP increase from last season so I should only see another 4-8 mph increase I'm guessing, which should put me in the mid to upper 80's... HOPEFULLY ???

Thanks
    Kevin

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LIVE WIRE View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video , I spoke to your buddy on the phone a few weeks back. He is really getting some impressive numbers with his set up and running well into the century mark. I'm looking at about a 50-75HP increase from last season so I should only see another 4-8 mph increase I'm guessing, which should put me in the mid to upper 80's... HOPEFULLY ???

Thanks
    Kevin

You probably spoke with Mitch about the motor. He did the original build over on OSO and documented it all. There have been several changes to the motor as the Dana manifolds and risers were cracked upon installation of that motor thus the switch to the Raylar aluminum heads.(Upgrade instead of repairing old) New Dana manifolds replacing the cracked ones only to find out that the stainless Dana risers were also cracked! New exhaust, Dry to the tips was also fabbed up. Only thing crackin' now is the exhaust note at 110 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2scoops View Post
    You probably spoke with Mitch about the motor. He did the original build over on OSO and documented it all. There have been several changes to the motor as the Dana manifolds and risers were cracked upon installation of that motor thus the switch to the Raylar aluminum heads.(Upgrade instead of repairing old) New Dana manifolds replacing the cracked ones only to find out that the stainless Dana risers were also cracked! New exhaust, Dry to the tips was also fabbed up. Only thing crackin' now is the exhaust note at 110 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm going with basically the same Dana system and I have spoke to Bob @ Dana about the issues with your exhaust . I'm glad to here he made good , He seems like a stand up guy. Your buddies boat sounded sinister on his fly-by. Keep me posted on his developments as he dials it in.

THX, Kevin

5. Collapse Details

Hey Kev,

Whats going on with your boat ? Did you get the motor back from Raylar ? I'm thinking about heading down your way for Mahopac's Fun Run and was hoping to hook up with ya and get a ride.

Bo-G

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-G13 View Post
    Hey Kev,

Whats going on with your boat ? Did you get the motor back from Raylar ? I'm thinking about heading down your way for Mahopac's Fun Run and was hoping to hook up with ya and get a ride.

Bo-G
    I was just checking in on everything and we are on schedule for the run and to get Kevin out there with us.
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-G13 View Post
    Hey Kev,

Bo-G
    I spoke with Ray last week , everything is going good and the motor was being assembled. He thinks I should have the motor back in a week or two. Which will give us some time to get it dialed in for Mahopac's run Cant wait to hear how it sounds with the Dana's and a lumpy cam.

8. Collapse Details

After having to be put on the back burner for a few weeks my motor project is back on track .The motor is now being shipped from California. Raylar did their SCR700 BIG POWER upgrade and the motor made around 700HP and 760ft lbs of torque @ 5400 RPM depending on which pulley I'm spinning. For know I'm going to run it on the conservitive side of 700 until I can beef up the drive. Thanks to Ray and everyone at Raylar I cant wait to see it and get it dialed in .

Here are some pics Ray took prior to shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Motor 1.JPG   New Motor 2.JPG  

9. Collapse Details

Nice Kevin. Good luck with it and w will see you out there one of these weekends. If I can keep up

10. Collapse Details

Looking great Kevin! We will have that monster dropped in as soon as it arrives
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

11. Collapse Details

Looking good! So Tom what boat are you putting Kev on for your fun run????

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Looking good! So Tom what boat are you putting Kev on for your fun run????
    Thanks MM ... I hope to Bling it up a bit soon , its just not in the budget yet .

I got the special guest appearance spot for the fun run , right next to Charlie & Tom in the Team Mahopac Sunsation. I've be put in charge of refeshments iced tea , cokes etc...

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LIVE WIRE View Post
    Thanks MM ... I hope to Bling it up a bit soon , its just not in the budget yet .

I got the special guest appearance spot for the fun run , right next to Charlie & Tom in the Team Mahopac Sunsation. I've be put in charge of refeshments iced tea , cokes etc...
    I figured they would put in something nice!!!!!

14. Collapse Details
    She Looks and She Cooks!
    Thumbs up
    Hey Kevin:

Those were early prior to shipping pictures from my not so good camera ability. Just to help the dress up question, the carbon fibre coolant and PS bottle upgrade was made just before it went in the crate. Its a really good look'in 496, and it should run just a s good as it looks. Have fun, stay safe and keep the boat on her bottom!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar

15. Collapse Details

How many hours did you get out of the stock 496ho with the whipple charger before you needed a rebiuld? I just bought a 2007 27zr with a stock 496ho.I talked to procharger and they told me they dont make the kit after model year 04.Another ? Dana exhaust or Stainless Marine?Ive run SM and I was very happy with it.Which is higher on HP?Which one will last longer? I think the dana looks cooler

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fast-Trukin View Post
    How many hours did you get out of the stock 496ho with the whipple charger before you needed a rebiuld? I just bought a 2007 27zr with a stock 496ho.I talked to procharger and they told me they dont make the kit after model year 04.Another ? Dana exhaust or Stainless Marine?Ive run SM and I was very happy with it.Which is higher on HP?Which one will last longer? I think the dana looks cooler
    I clocked a little over 250 hrs with the Whipple without a hiccup. I dont think I would say it needing a rebuild but more of a preventive maintence thing . I would give Ray @ Raylar a shout about the exhausts and he reccomended the Dana's . I havent run the boat yet so I really cant give you an honest answer.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Raylar View Post
    Hey Kevin:

Those were early prior to shipping pictures from my not so good camera ability. Just to help the dress up question, the carbon fibre coolant and PS bottle upgrade was made just before it went in the crate. Its a really good look'in 496, and it should run just a s good as it looks. Have fun, stay safe and keep the boat on her bottom!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar
    Thanks Ray , I saw the motor for the first time on Saturday and all I can say is WOW . You were right the picture didnt do it justice . What a nice job you did rigging everything . The little details are everywhere . I cant wait to hear it.

THX , Kevin

Some pics from Saturday with the carbon fiber & chrome goodies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29119_1343908031472_1044382832_753941_684494_n.jpg   29119_1343908351480_1044382832_753942_824695_n.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Any numbers to post?