Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    Well I believe when that boat was new it ran 120 with the triples. But those numbers for the 1075's are correct in a 46. The 46 I know of for sale is sitting in my buddies shop and is mint. It's Herb Chamber's boat. Also def tell him to come up and check out the 42 with 1075's. If you come with him let me know Frank!
    I'm trying to remember but GPS recall was something like 113 or 117.. Still a fast boat by all means but thought the trip would be a lil faster than twin.

If he wants me to come up I'd be glad to oblige!

2. Collapse Details

The 46 is faster with twin 1075's. Simple math 700 hp x 3 = 2100, 1075 x 2 = 2150, weight difference is close to a complete motor, minus weight of third drive, friction of third drive in water, etc.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    sorry only had pictures of it when I picked it up from lake cumberland marine. I never took pics with the cover off
    Thanks for everything, looks like it was very helpful!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Hey everyone... I started another thread about the 42' OL epoxy and made some progress so thought I'd start a more specific thread...

So now the question is, 42' OL Legacy vs 46' OL both with 1075's ad #6's or at least both boats with #6's

For those who have owned or who have ridden in both with this kind of setup please let me know your thoughts. What did you like or dislike about either one, advantages and disadvantages...non-biased please.

If you don't feel comforatble stating your experiences online please feel free to PM me.

Trying to help a friend make an consious decision on what his next boat will be...

Thanks in Advance!

Frank
    Frank you of all people know his next boat should be an Apache bro!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Sean I tried to get them to buy the 47 at Outerlimits they wouldn't go for it.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    They like the new-tech stuff.

Still fun though!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Seeing them in person a few times I don't think the bussle is that big... maybe 1-2 ft but the bottom is completely different and I think it has a wider beam. Overall it's a bigger boat both visually and on my friends lift.

I've been on a 42' Vinyl boat at 105 mph with a pair of 1050 sterlings and was on the 46' with trip 700's and it's a totally different boat.
    +1 I am pretty sure the bottom of the 46' was new and different from the 42'.

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    Well I believe when that boat was new it ran 120 with the triples. But those numbers for the 1075's are correct in a 46. The 46 I know of for sale is sitting in my buddies shop and is mint. It's Herb Chamber's boat. Also def tell him to come up and check out the 42 with 1075's. If you come with him let me know Frank!

Does Herb still own it now? I had seen it when it was at Hideaway a couple years ago. It was 2 years old and only had like 30 hours on it! Herb built a really nice 39 Midnight with quads and it was there at Hideaway also.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Does Herb still own it now? I had seen it when it was at Hideaway a couple years ago. It was 2 years old and only had like 30 hours on it! Herb built a really nice 39 Midnight with quads and it was there at Hideaway also.
    yes.................