Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Brown for President next?
    After being a Senator for a short time, coming out of the liberal state of Massachusetts in a landslide take over the of a democrat's seat (since 1953!) could this guy be Obama's replacement?

Bet he won't choose Palin for a running mate.........

2. Collapse Details

Lets see how he does as a Senator first. This guy is good but still very unproven. To be fair I would have to hold him to the same standard that I hold/criticise Obama's rise to power, that being he is still an unknown! He is not with out his issues in the past with voting very liberally on things like health care. Now I think he may have learned his lesson with the mess we are dealing with in Mass so hopefully he can bring something to the table down in washington. Time will tell. He certainly has the gift of gab!

3. Collapse Details

My first thought upon seeing and listening to him is he'll be POTUS some day.

4. Collapse Details

He did a centerfold for Cozmo many years ago. U.S. Senator is as high as he will go.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    He did a centerfold for Cozmo many years ago. U.S. Senator is as high as he will go.
    Why ?..Draft dodgers,lyers, crooks, all get in...Americans dont care about morals and such....It's just "What will they give ME"....

I do agree that we dont know sqat about this guy. Probably just as bad as the rest. Kudos to Mass. though..One hell of a statement !

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Birdog View Post
    Kudos to Mass. though..One hell of a statement !
    Agreed!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

7. Collapse Details

Pretty impressive that he won, especially in Mass... Besides, I can get used to looking at his daughters!

8. Collapse Details

Bet he wouldn't have a problem showing everyone his birth certificate.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Pretty impressive that he won, especially in Mass... Besides, I can get used to looking at his daughters!
    +1 on all accounts!!

The kool aid runneth empty!
    Last edited by MarylandMark; 01-20-2010 at 12:05 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    My first thought upon seeing and listening to him is he'll be POTUS some day.
    He took a Kennedy seat in Mass. as a Republican! Go back 10 years and ask the population if that would ever happen and you would get a 99% no chance answer!

I like the guy and think you all will see him in the White House some day! (provided there is no huge underlying scam out there that hasn't been uncovered yet!)

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    I like the guy and think you all will see him in the White House some day! (provided there is no huge underlying scam out there that hasn't been uncovered yet!) [/QUOTE]

You can rest assured that had there been something out there, it would certainly have been exposed by now. The Dems tried and tried to find something on him.... Oh how they tried.....

Don't forget this state is 3-1 Democrat. Even the Dems were having buyers remorse, as evidenced by this election.
    My God , Teddy must be rolling in his grave..

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Don't forget this state is 3-1 Democrat. Even the Dems were having buyers remorse, as evidenced by this election.
    My God , Teddy must be rolling in his grave..
    Spinning, I suspect, in fact it may be what caused the second Haitian earthquake

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Spinning, I suspect, in fact it may be what caused the second Haitian earthquake
    And contributing to global warming.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

14. Collapse Details

He has almost as much experience as our current POTUS.....

15. Collapse Details

Glad he won but he is still too liberal for my taste....but...I can see a Romney/Brown ticket in 2012.

16. Collapse Details

Only problem with a Romney/Brown ticket is that a lot of America will not like both the POTUS and the V-POTUS being from Mass.

17. Collapse Details

The Guy is an American and Qualified!

http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=18919

======
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Below is some background info on him, I am sure he is not perfect, but it does appear that he has a solid track record in both his personal and political life. After replacing a Dem in the MA government, he was re-elected three times, one time he ran unapossed and the other time won by a large margin. Couple that with the fact that he came from a troubled home, has been active in the Nat'l Guard for 30 years, put himself through college with revenue from modeling gigs, has long history of envolvement in charitable organizations, and is an extremely accomplished athlete. I would say that it appears he is more than just a pretty face Too soon to say what will happen but I wish him well and hope we will be hearing more from him soon.

Early life and non-political career
    Brown's father, C. Bruce Brown and mother,[1] Judith,[12]divorced when he was about a year old. Both his parents have since remarried three times. Brown grew up in Wakefield, Massachusetts, spending his summers in Newberryport, Massachusetts where his father, served as a city councilor for 18 years. Both his father and his grandfather were Republicans. His father has said that young Scott became interested in running for political office in the mid 1960's while accompanying him on a campaign for state office; Scott Brown recalls holding campaign signs for his father.[13][12]

Brown has said that he "didn't grow up with all the advantages in life" and that his working mother needed welfare benefits for a short time. [14] During various periods of his childhood, Brown also lived with his grandparents and his aunt. Brown has stated that as a youth he was involved in some violence related to sticking up for his mother, and at the age twelve was brought before Judge Samuel Zoll in Salem, Massachusetts for shoplifting record albums. Zoll asked Brown if his siblings would like seeing him play basketball in jail, and[1] required him to write a 1500 word essay on the topic as his punishment.[11] Brown said, "That was the last time I ever stole, the last time I ever thought [about stealing... The other day I was at Staples, and something was in my cart that I didn’t pay for. I had to bring it back because.... I thought of Judge Zoll."[1]

Brown graduated from Wakefield High School in 1977[10] and then earned a Bachelors of Arts from Tufts University, in 1981. He received a Juris Doctor from Boston College Law School in 1985.[15]

He joined the Massachusetts Army National Guard when he was 19, receiving his basic training at Fort Dix, New Jersey.[1] Brown has said the rescue efforts of Guard members during the blizzard of 1978 left a lasting impression on him. He attended ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps) at Northeastern University.[16] He has been active with the Guard for about 30 years and holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Serving as the Army Guard's head defense attorney in New England, he assists the Judge Advocate General's Corps out of Milford, defending Guard members who have legal difficulties such as positive drug tests.[12]

Brown has been deployed to Kazakhstan for two weeks and to Paraguay for one week. He has said, "I go where they order me to go... I'm just proud to serve and be part of the team."[12] He wishes to stay in the Guard in the future, but he will be unable to do so given the service's mandatory retirement at age 50. He has expressed disappointment at this rule, remarking that "I'm probably one of the most qualified soldiers in the entire Massachusetts [Guard].... I have enlisted service, I have infantry, quartermaster, JAG, I'm airborne qualified, I’ve been to all the courses".[1] Brown received the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service in homeland security shortly after the 9/11 attacks.[10]

Political career
    Brown began his political career in 1992, when he was elected to be an assessor in Wrentham, Massachusetts. At that time, he "caught the political bug.[12] In 1995, he was elected to the Wrentham Board of Selectmen, and was elected to the Massachusetts House of Representatives for the 9th Norfolk District in 1998.

After incumbent Democrat Cheryl Jacques resigned, Brown was elected to the Massachusetts Senate in a special election on March 2, 2004, against Angus McQuilken, a top Jacques aide. Brown was re-elected as state senator on November 2, 2004, and again on November 7, 2006 without opposition. He also won re-election in November 2008, defeating Democratic candidate Sara Orozco by a 59 - 41 percent margin. In the Massachusetts Legislature, Brown serves on the Joint Committee on Consumer Protection & Professional Licensure, the Joint Committee on Education, Joint Committee on Election Laws, the Joint Committee on Higher Education, the Joint Committee on Public Safety, and the Homeland Security Joint Committee on Veterans & Federal Affairs.[15]

In February 2007, Brown was invited to speak at King Philip Regional High School in Wrentham, Massachusetts as part of a debate on gay marriage. During the presentation, Brown defended himself and his daughter Ayala against several attacks by the high school students, who had launched a Facebook group attack. During his appearance, Brown directly quoted several of the vulgar statements made against his family and announced the names of King Philip students who had written the statements.[17]
    Organizational associations and honors
    Brown is a 30-year member of the Massachusetts National Guard, in which he currently holds the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Judge Advocate General's Corps. Brown was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service in organizing the National Guard to quickly support homeland security following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.[45][46] LTC Brown has also completed Airborne School and been awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.

A member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Brown is also involved in the Wrentham Lions Club, United Chamber of Commerce, North Attleboro/Plainville Chamber of Commerce, Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce, and USA Triathlon Federation. He serves as a Board Member of the 495/MetroWest Corridor Partnership Inc., and serves on the Hockamock YMCA Board of Incorporators.[citation needed]

Brown has received the "Public Servant of the Year" Award from the United Chamber of Commerce for his leadership in reforming the state's sex offender laws and protecting the rights of victims.[citation needed] Brown's family has helped raise funds for such organizations as The Horace Mann Educational Associates, Wrentham Developmental Center, Charles River Arc, and the Arc of Northern Bristol County, all for the care and support of those with developmental disabilities. He has also been recognized by the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) for his work in creating an environment that encourages job growth and expansion in Massachusetts.[citation needed]

For the 2010 Senate race, Brown was supported by the Greater Boston Tea Party group [47], which organized a January 2, 2010 fundraising breakfast for him in Boston, which he attended.[48] Eleven days later, the Boston Globe reported that Brown claimed he was unfamiliar with the Tea Party movement. When told that different people labeled him a conservative, moderate and a liberal Republican, he responded “I’m a Scott Brown Republican.”[49] The Tea Party Express [50] has endorsed Brown's campaign. While MoveOn.org, a liberal organization, endorsed Coakley. [51]

Personal life
    Family
    Brown is married to WCVB-TV reporter Gail Huff; they have two daughters, Ayla Brown, an American Idol semi-finalist and star basketball player at Boston College, and Arianna Brown, a competitive equestrian and pre-medical student at Syracuse University. The couple owns a 3,000-square-foot primary home, a 2,000-square foot summer home in Rye, New Hampshire, three condos in Boston, and a timeshare on the Caribbean island of Aruba.[1][52][53] They live in Wrentham, Massachusetts.

Religion
    Brown and his family worship at New England Chapel in Franklin, a member of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. They also have a relationship with an order of Cistercian Roman Catholic nuns at Mt. St. Mary’s Abbey in Wrentham. The Brown family has raised over $5 million for the order, helping to install solar panels, a wind turbine and a candy manufacturing plant that the order operates. Sister Katie McNamara has said of the family, "[w]e pray for them every day".[1]

Sports
    Brown is a champion long-distance runner, bicyclist, and swimmer. He has won several awards and trophies competing in triathlons and duathlons, but because of an intense schedule he cut back from frequent exercising during his 2009-2010 Senate campaign.[12]

Scott Brown has also played basketball since a young age. He was a senior co-captain at Wakefield High School, earning there the title of Middlesex League MVP. He continued in the sport at Tufts University, "where he was known for his long outside jumpshots". There, Scott Brown acquired his sport nickname, "Downtown Scotty Brown".[1]

Modeling
    In June 1982, Brown, then a 22-year-old law student at Boston College, posed nude [54][12] in a Cosmopolitan centerfold as the winner of the magazine's "America's Sexiest Man" contest, using the earnings towards paying for college. In the interview, he referred to himself as "a bit of a patriot" and stated that he had political ambitions.[54][12] Brown has also worked as an actor in his early career,[12] appearing in a variety of television commercials.[1]
    Organizational associations and honors
    Brown is a 30-year member of the Massachusetts National Guard, in which he currently holds the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Judge Advocate General's Corps. Brown was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service in organizing the National Guard to quickly support homeland security following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.[45][46] LTC Brown has also completed Airborne School and been awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.
    Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 01-20-2010 at 02:12 PM.

19. Collapse Details

left or right...you guys are so incredibly addicted to the politcal crack pipe its unreal...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    left or right...you guys are so incredibly addicted to the politcal crack pipe its unreal...
    I guess you have not looked around and have seen what fine shape the major Boat builders are in then! with this Democrat rule starting in 06.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.