Thread: Air horn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Dam
    you should have put those air horns in front of your intake this way you have more air in and more power out ? "you do need a hobby for the winter"

2. Collapse Details

What train horns have you guys seen the best deals on. For a couple of years I have wanted some for my truck. This may be the year I buy them, maybe sometime in April, I want it done before Memorial Day. The CannonBall Express is one I have seen a lot. Any other recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    looking boat trashed by Hill Billy Horns , can just hear it now comming out of your "stareo" The Beverly Hill Billy Theam Song, you a hearing Me Jed.

3. Collapse Details

This is one I have looked at over and over. Thought about getting an air compressor at Harbor freight, I think I could find one that would work.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...?itemid=106139

4. Collapse Details

That horn will blow your ears off.. remember the more horn teh bigger compressor you need.. mine takes probably 4 seconds to empty and thats only two horns.

5. Collapse Details

Dang!! Well I put a bid on some Nathan's real deal. But I still need a compressor and tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    That horn will blow your ears off.. remember the more horn teh bigger compressor you need.. mine takes probably 4 seconds to empty and thats only two horns.

6. Collapse Details

I ended up buying a set of GG horns made for big rigs. They are very loud. Found them on craigslist for $100 here local. bought a compressor and I need to order a tank. I fabbed up some brackets to attach to my inside frame rail on the truck. They are tucked up nice and cannot really see them. I think these will work for a while anyway.

7. Collapse Details

SWEET!
    Now that I have em on the boat I`m thinking I could really use a set for the truck too

8. Collapse Details

Tank? compressor?? Just hook a capts call as a diverter and run exhaut thru them..faster you go, the louder they get.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details
    Dam
    SWEET!
    Now that I have em on the boat I`m thinking I could really use a set for the truck too
    BILLY BOB! "Geter dunn"

10. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    This is one I have looked at over and over. Thought about getting an air compressor at Harbor freight, I think I could find one that would work.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...?itemid=106139
    You can by that same set in just about any truckstop cheaper then Iowa80 sells them for.

11. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Stop fool'n around and just find a 4 or 5 chime horn from a real train.
    Had a 5 on my last Pete. One blast would pull down a 150 psi tank in 5-7 seconds depending on how you feathered the valve.