1. Collapse Details
    Debating selling my 31ss
    I am contemplating selling my 99 Sonic 31ss, I thought I'd try first without motors.... unless someone just has to have my new powerplants.

So my question is.... will it be easier to sell with or without power? I'd leave the new headers, oil coolers, drives, etc. All someone would have to do is drop in their power. The boat has all the pimpy options (a/c, fridge, etc), lots of stuff powdercoated and a brand new headliner. Is 30k reasonable without power?

Be honest guys, this is hard for me to even talk about, especially since I just spent 35k on new motors last season. My business is continuing to be extremely slow and this is a luxury toy and if business doesn't pick up, it's gotta go.
    31 Sonic SS

2. Collapse Details

I'd think without motors people won't want to pay 30 ... I'd say you'd have a better chance of selling it for 50 with power. Just my opinion with the market the way it is and everything. Post some pix and let's here what everyone else thinks. Good Luck!

3. Collapse Details

Matt, I can tell you it won't be sold for 50 with the new motors, more like minimum 58-60... or I'll keep the damn thing. The new motors are FRESH with only 2 hours on them and they make 725hp/ea on pump gas. This thing will run over close to 100mph with 28's. It's been 80gps at 5k and the motors are built to turn 6200 and that is with 26p props.

Here are a few pics....

31 Sonic SS

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    Matt, I can tell you it won't be sold for 50 with the new motors, more like minimum 58-60... or I'll keep the damn thing. The new motors are FRESH with only 2 hours on them and they make 725hp/ea on pump gas. This thing will run over close to 100mph with 28's. It's been 80gps at 5k and the motors are built to turn 6200 and that is with 26p props.

Here are a few pics....

725 HP ????? how many CI and what parts do u have in them ???

5. Collapse Details

Daredevil.... they are 540ci, Bob Madara basically spec'd everything for me and supplied some top secret cams. LOL. I've got dyno sheets and video to prove power. These things are mean as hell and the acceleration is unbelievable. 725hp at 6250 on 93 octane with hydraulic roller. No mess, no fuss. Turn the key and haul ass. hahaha
    31 Sonic SS

6. Collapse Details

Nice boat for the $$$$

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Daredevil.... they are 540ci, Bob Madara basically spec'd everything for me and supplied some top secret cams. LOL. I've got dyno sheets and video to prove power. These things are mean as hell and the acceleration is unbelievable. 725hp at 6250 on 93 octane with hydraulic roller. No mess, no fuss. Turn the key and haul ass. hahaha
    WOW, thats great !!!! If Bob M. did the top end and cam ...in a 540 ...YES, i believe u.
    He is building my top end for my new 598 !!!!! LOL

Nice boat !!!

8. Collapse Details

Thanks guys. I love the boat, I just hope my business picks up so I don't have to get rid of it.

Bob is the man for sure. Awesome guy to work with and the best customer service I've had in a long while. Cannot say enough good things about him.
    31 Sonic SS

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Thanks guys. I love the boat, I just hope my business picks up so I don't have to get rid of it.

Bob is the man for sure. Awesome guy to work with and the best customer service I've had in a long while. Cannot say enough good things about him.

10. Collapse Details

Wow ... Didn't know what kind of mills you had. That's some good power and def worth more like 60.

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Why are u running 2 steering pumps ?????

12. Collapse Details

Daredevil..... that is what was on it when I bought it, and figured they were there for a reason?? LOL.
    31 Sonic SS

13. Collapse Details

Well, I gotta do it now. The boat will be for sale immediately.
    31 Sonic SS

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Sent you a pm

15. Collapse Details

Will sell with or without power.

and a link http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...cBooom-II.html
    31 Sonic SS