Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    see it will never end everyone has their own agenda...the class is the class CANOPY is the class, its simple...why piss and mone here piss and mone why you cant run p-6 this class has its rules ok ,,buy ,,build a boat for a class...read the rules and then make your decision.it,s simple.. go to nascar and ask how come you cant run your blazer because that is what you own,,,,please...!!!!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    see it will never end everyone has their own agenda...the class is the class CANOPY is the class, its simple...why piss and mone here piss and mone why you cant run p-6 this class has its rules ok ,,buy ,,build a boat for a class...read the rules and then make your decision.it,s simple.. go to nascar and ask how come you cant run your blazer because that is what you own,,,,please...!!!!
    How bout my vette instead of my Blazer?????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

At least you got my point...lolol

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    the question is would you go heads up agianst a #6 if you had a bravo? or for instance if you were building a new boat and had any choice of whats out there today, would you pick the bravo and still feel you could be competive ?
    Honestly depends on the class the boat is being built for. I would run the 29 against another boat with a 500/525 efi and a 6 with my bravo application all day long, but if I were to build for v unlimited you couldnt pay me enough to have a bravo, they have enough issues finishing races with their motors, dont need to add drive failures to the mix.

With all the pending changes that have surfaced in the past few weeks, the last thing I would do is build a new boat right know, I already got caught with my pants down with the 29 by purchasing it for a class only to have the class disband(with almost everyone saying it was the best class ever and that 6-7 said they were going to come race in it only for them to be no-shows), so this year its back to letting a computer determine the outcome of the races instead of driver/throttlemen talent. But the great thing about it is I'll be in a class with 10 boats(if we race up north), I guess like life its all about trade-offs.

As great a class that I feel SVL is, if their not careful, it will become the next F1/F2, with George as the rep it does give them the best shot at keeping the momentum going.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    True in the rough, but so many of our races are not in what I would consider rough.

What I was saying, from what I've investigated, is a 6 with the 1.5 (?) ratio has almost no advantage over an identical Bravo boat beause they accelerate slower, although they can corner harder. So, without spinning or breaking, the boats are basically equal.

Dean's still on a learning curve coming from a cat, but when he finishes, he finishes strong.
    I dont know what u think is not rough....Have u looked at the OPA and SBI schedule.

Miami and Ft Lauderdale this yr were 4-6 ft , and some of the OPA jersey races makes that look small.

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    I really like svl , but in a "SUPERCAT & BIG V " world, svl IS a blazer .
    One class of cats and one class of v,s period .

The starter stuff belongs on another day .

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    Never happen. You'd lose almost all of the current racers.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Dave who told you we wont except hp to weight ? actually were looking foward to it !! we want the class to grow...in the past Merc was choice because of their sponsorship..their gone,,so its time to addapt. why don,t you build an Illmore with the drive and put it in a 28 to 32 ' canopy boat and back your opinion ??? what svl person have you talked to personaly ?? not a another dreamer an OWNER the one who told you we won,t change..???

dave right now we can police our class ,we don,t have any way to verify dyno sheets.the list can go on..if someone wanted to build a boat today,, do it, the only veriable for next year is their engine and drive choice.

this is what you stated from another post. the way i read it, your not embracing the hp to wt.

and if i had money, i have a boat that fits in a current class = p1 w/ opa or sbi or pro am if OSS has races this year. same with your class. its currently here in the states. and this is one of my points that you guys are not answering - whats different from P1usa than from OSS SVL.

i think that with what i've seen with all the orgs loosing race sites and some promising TV that maybe P1 usa is a little premature and you guys are jumping on the bandwagon before the baby's out of the uterus.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    I really like svl , but in a "SUPERCAT & BIG V " world, svl IS a blazer .

The starter stuff belongs on another day .
    i think you seriously missed the point,,it was in referance to dd wanting to enter a class where his boat does not confourm... i do have a question ???WHICH SUPERCAT CLASS ??? arn,t their about 6,, that you all want to watch? how would you get them all to agree to race eachother,,,boy is this a whole nother glass of worms..you see our goal,,is to narrow down the classes to a great few,,and these boats can still fit in any org to race,,think of it like a clown juggling 5 bowling pins,,YOU can,t do but he can! It will take practice ,,and in the end,, bwalla you have a great race.. to me the best racing i,v seen in a long time was f-1,,,f-2,,,scl (when they had 12) and svl (when we had 10) now were headed back in that direction..wish us luck, and we,ll do all we can to give you a great race,,Thanks..George Jr.

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    NOW,,,,,,can u give me a simple answer , or do u need to piss away all the time ?????

I thought its about HP/WEIGHT and not about your stinking little canopy V !

11. Collapse Details

ok short and sweet,,"your wrong"

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post

NOW,,,,,,can u give me a simple answer , or do u need to piss away all the time ?????

I thought its about HP/WEIGHT and not about your stinking little canopy V !
    DD you'd be something like P1's "supersport" single. DD does bring up a good point, which is there is far more single engine production boats than SVL racing or sitting, so why not concentrate on having two supersport classes and just one canopied V class ?

13. Collapse Details

once again..I am not being negative... i wish to see the sport grow as much as anyone.. but what I go from DD's post (I have learned to look between the lines in his posts for the subliminal message..makes them easier to understand) is that if if anyone out there has any desire to look for a boat and contemplate racing with all of this potential this that and every other thing, they would be so confused as to be dizzy right now.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

14. Collapse Details

ok i,ll try a differant approch,, someone has 3 apples to give away!!! one to someone who has a single engine canopy v hull,,,and one to someone who has a twin engine canopy hull,, and the last one goes to someone who has a twin open cockpit v hull..thats it no more apples...you know you can,t tell a man who to give his apples to !!if you have any other kind of boat great,,,you got SBI,,,OPA,,,POPRA,,OSS..plenty of other options.. simple,,, if you want an apple,, well now you know what to do !!

15. Collapse Details

Again, lots of good questions, and healthy skepticism. In light of the past history, that’s not only understandable, it should be expected.

There is a reason that classes evolved to the #6 drives, including gear ratio & propeller availability, handling, reliability, safety, and operational cost. Those are all viable reasons; but, the important thing to remember about the Powerboat P1 hp/weight ratio format is that it allows multiple configurations. There is not a limitation on the drive type. That includes: shaft drives, surface drives, stern drives, etc. Mercury, Ilmor, Arneson, Weismann, Buzzi, IMCO, Konrad…pick a drive configuration and go racing. They each have their individual characteristics, and it’s the choice of the team to determine which they want to run.

Consequently, I believe that teams will find that adapting current boats to the Powerboat P1 format will be relatively simple and cost effective.

P1 USA is working on budgets for the 2010 & 2011 seasons. We will be making announcements that address the questions being asked here, and more. We are also working on a large scale meeting where we will be able to fully present the Powerboat P1 World Championship series, including rules, prize purses, and the long term objectives & vision.

In the mean time, let’s look forward to some great racing for 2010. It looks like there is a lot of enthusiasm out there and some cool schedules. That can only be good for the sport in the long run.

Martin

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Never happen. You'd lose almost all of the current racers.
    Thank You . That is exactly correct . However with the current racers , we have no sponsors , no interest from the media ,and an increasingly smaller fan base .

I LOVE offshore racing . From day one as a " FAN " which is all I am ,or ever will be ,I fell crazy in love with the big cats , and big v,s . So did everyone else I came into contact with at each site,of which I attended several .

No one knew then, nor now as a matter of fact , who was racing who ? in the ( other ) classes ,Just to damn many .Too many period .

I've asked before , and only been ridiculed , as to why , WHY not hook up several small teams to build ONE big " CAT or big V team ? All would be a part of something big and successfull ,vs this year after year of My little class is the biggest bestest in " MY " world .
    :
    I know ,calm down mike . I will .I,m not makin trouble just giving you the truth from outside youre camps

17. Collapse Details

and the last one goes to someone who has a twin open cockpit v hull.
    That sounds like one heck of a plan here in the US figuring that single engine open outnumbers twin open by what 5-7 to 1

I understand though, but very disappointed George, I pay you a compliment then you turn right around and make a elitist Candy A$$ like post.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    So , now i got it ,,,NO place in the new P1 for single engine open boats !!!!?

Thanks.

19. Collapse Details

thank you Trent. but i just couldn,t get the point accross,,WE can,t tell the man what to do! Only join in where we fit,,I would love a twin V ,,but #1 i don,t have one # 2 can,t afford to buy one ,,so i race where i fit in,, with what i have. i,m sorry ,,I respect your opinion.and people like yourself shouldn,t have to see that kind of riderrick..

20. Collapse Details

The SV class was the perfect example of HP/W. The Bravo boats are 3-4 mile per hour slower than the 6 boats and they don't require a throttleman. When the 42 Fountain came out it had the same power and weight as the 38 Bravo. The class is gone. If you want to race P1 in the US you must have a 42 cut down Fountain and there are what 3 in the US? I don't see anymore being built either, afterall would you give a $400,000 check to Reggie right now? Unless there is just stupid purses, why would you spend $30k going to surface drives. Also would invest that money without a guarantee that you would get paid for a few years at least.

I can see why SVL wants in. They dont have an Org to run with and they don't want to change their boats or let any new tech in. That's fine.